New PvE server please - (Solution to PvP issues)

I think i’d like if such a transfer was possible. I spent almost 400 hours to get 60, and it’s not such an easy thing “just to reroll PvE”, just because my expectations about PvP were too romanticized. There’d be nothing bad in such a thing, I think.

2 Likes

I also chose a PvE server. There is a thing called empathy, you should try it.
Also do you realize that some of those you are lecturing about life lessons are probably much more succesfull in life than you?.

This is a game, nothing more. There is no real life lesson to learn from here. We are here to have fun.

2 Likes

When and how did you come to that conclusion? When did I ever say that I would quit if Blizzard decides to do that? :grinning:

I’m not the one whining, they are.
I never said they must be punished, I only say it is a consequence of their decision they made and might add were overly proud of and toxic toward “puss!es” who choose a PvE server instead.
So most of them got what they deserve of their own makeing.
A free ticket or even a paid ticket out after that arrogance they showd and the whining they do now (which clearly shows they are the puss!es) is not what they need cuz then they are not gonna learn from it.

The world is already full of arrogant a**holes, so the more of them learn a valuable life lesson the better for all of humanity.

They were and are still acting like a child that is exactly why they need a punishment.

I never said Blizzard will listen to me, I simply stated my opinion, like everyone else here on the forums have some form of opinion about this issue.

I look up to PvP players, they are tough, like I was once, but got too old for it now and I choose where I belong now, a PvE server.

I don’t like the whiners cuz it is pathetic what they are doing.
They should all accept the situation as an adult person and learn from it and reroll to PvE.

I don’t think they have done anything wrong.
They choose PvP because they wanted PvP.

The whiners choose PvP cuz they only wanted to gank ppl and now that they are on the other end of the stick they are whining.

Like I said it here:

I think intelligent people would not call us like that and intelligent people were smart enough to choose PvP or PvE without regret.

Dumb people called PvE players like that and dumb people choose wrong rolling on PvP.

Now they got what they deserved.

I personally don’t care as much about what will happen to them, what will Blizzard do, it is up to Blizzard.

Not my company, not my problem.

Dude do you realise its VIDEO GAME ? U do realise normal ppls have their lifes and families, and take responsibility for it in REAL LIFE . Only someone who lacks such real choices in real life can say something like that.
I’m here to get away from responsibility for a while. Do I really have to explain it? What’s wrong with you ? GAME isn’t real , its Video Game . I am a customer, I pay for the service, if the product stops responding to me, and I can’t change anything about it, I just simply resigns. You imagine any the service provider telling me “Every decision and action you do in your life will always have consequences.” - sorry we can’t change anything about our service.

2 Likes

Deciding a certain commercial product is not what they wanted is not childish. Would you call a person who buys a car and decides to re-sell it after 1 year or so because it wasn’t what they actually wanted “childish”? They might be careless customers, but that’s about it.

Talking about responsibility and all that in a commercial scenario like this one is what’s “childish”. You’re applying categories that truly don’t belong to this situation. It just makes you sound salty.

It’s amazing how many ppl on this forum don’t find it pointless to complain about and ask things that they know Blizzard won’t listen to, but you do you.

Are you joking? Things might have been different in the past, but the current breed of PvPers is just a bunch of sociopathic gankers who’re out there to stroke their virtual e-peens and piss off everybody else. If anything, I salute with relief that there are people who’re considering playing with these ppl a mistake and seek to get away from it. As long as it doesn’t end up affecting my own gameplay negatively, I’m personally all for it.

Again, if you think the “whiners” now are the same people who were dissing PvE players before launch, you’re sorely mistaken.

But I can see from your post that you actually don’t seem to dislike these emotionally-challenged corpsecampers so I guess we actually don’t see as eye-to-eye on this issue as I assumed. Thankfully, I suspect the future of most PvP servers is as grim as I hope^^ And letting people transfer to PvE servers will only make it happen sooner.

1 Like

I dont get why certain People would be against players migrating from pvp to a pve server, you can speak all you want about “life lessons” etc, but isnt it better that People still bother to play the game? You can still meet them when they Queue for BGs and it results in less Queue then if they would quit.

Besides: transferrs from PvP to PvE were possible in Vanilla, so why should it not be possible in classic? Is it a thing that you need to be “right” and the “fools who rolled pvp should be punished for their misstakes?” I dont get it this sentiment, a bigger playerbase total is better then People quitting the game.

2 Likes

What I am not getting is how it is going to fix their issues with the current state of PvP servers? If they want to leave them behind and move to PvE server then they can do it now as well.
They joined PvP servers for a reason. Even if they move/reroll on a PvE server, after a while, they are going to miss the PvP server and they are not going to feel that well on their servers.
However, fixing pvp servers is a huge task and I do not think it possible because the whole system is screwed up. You are never going to have faction balance, even if the population is 50/50 on paper. if there are more skilled players on one side they are going to win a lot more often than the others…meaning…that the losing side will either leave or reroll. That is my experience from other games, though.

Keep in mind that a lot of those reasons (listening to streamers, thinking the best PvE happens on PvP servers etc) are bogus and wouldn’t certainly push ppl away from PvE servers.

1 Like

While i do in part agree With you, you have to remember that the current state of classic with the camping and gankfest going on is not like most pvp servers where in vanilla, nor is it what people could reasonably expect when starting a game. Ganking -> ok, corpsecamping -> to a certain extent, griefing -> some, not being able to do s***, boat camped, flightpaths camped, low lvls being slaughtered and camped by lvl 60s -> why would anyone expect that?

Letting people migrate from PvP to PvE will not save the pvp servers, but it is better to let all people enjoy the game and keep more players from quitting then leave it as it is.

My “main” is only lvl 42, but that has taken me 3,5days played, with wife and kids thats a actually a significant investment of time for me so i would hate to reroll. The argument that “its only been a few months so it dosnt cost anything to reroll” is rather sad cuz that is an individual thing.

1 Like

You know I’m completely bewildered why so many of you thought that classic pvp servers would be any different to how they are. I meam if you’d stopped playing wow in 2006, not spoken to anyone about it, not visted the forums or YouTube for 15 years and being utterly unaware of how pvp has worked in practice for over a decade, have no knowledge of the private servers that caused the classic release. Then, maybe and i mean only if you were to most ‘meh’ casual of casuals then i guess, maybe.

1 Like

I am such a one. Adult, even old, I do not watch Youtube or rather I do not watch videos on gaming - a bit hard of hearing and English not my first language => it’s not fun, I’d rather play myself than watch others do it.
I have only followed Blizzard’s Forums since after Name reservation.
I have been playing WoW, on a RP or PvE server since Vanilla. First toon, long deleted on a PvP - big mistake I hated it! but I’m not doing PvP or even running dungeons.
Those last 7 years I have been doing more and more exclusively IronMan Challenge, and only talked about this aspect of WoW in Guilds and on a dedicated forum (Dranina speaking aka MotherOwl).
I know Pservers exist, hard pressed I might be able to name one or two, and that is the extent of my knowledge about them.
So no, not all players had an inkling of the gank-party to come - or the overpopulation issues.

ETA my IMC alias.

2 Likes

Same here, im in my thirties I dont watch you tube or read forums of games I don’t play anymore, I assumed that classic PVP servers would be like Vanilla servers and now i realise that I was wrong, I dont have time to level again and I wont pay anymore unless they let us move to PVE.

2 Likes

#opentransfers pretty please

I will pay you cash money

1 Like

More servers will be needed to hose refugees

#opentransfer
and
#openmoreservers
please.

The more i think about it the more im certain the PvE server is the only solution. Any others just have an equally worse outcome.

Warn players that a server is heavily unbalanced. - Players avoid creating characters on the server, minority faction players deleted toons, server imbalance is exacerbated.

Block creations of mew new characters of a faction. 9 out of 10 players who get this message post on forums. I want to play x faction with my friends/partner and they are on this server, there are no servers for me to choose etc etc

Faction specific quses, many servers no longer have queues, in the most extreme examples there would be no functional benefits and what this is doing is movibg from “other players are preventing me from playing the game as intended” to “Blizzard are intentionally and deliberately preventing players from logging in be design”

Change the racials/game ; #nochanges crew go mad

From the forum posts all of the most painful gripes come from PvP server players.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.