New Realm Population Label System

It would just make things worse. A 60/40 horde favored server would just see more alliance leaving and more horde joining, eventually making them 95/5 like many retail servers are.

I just want to know about possibility of character transfers in the near future…

1 Like

there is an easy way to deal with this thought that was being used in another MMO back all the way in 2008.

for retail, it dont matter if a realm is 100% horde or alliance, in fact it might be better. cause all servers are mixed in when it comes to pvp or wpvp.

for classic, hard cap a server at 50% allowance for either faction. that way, no server can have a potential of more than 50% so balance is kept. the only hard part for this is making sure that both factions get enough players to bring them to 50%. but this was being used in WAR in 2008 to make sure that one server didn’t have more than the other.

Why not just display this

7123 / 12000

2 Likes

Just fix the darn queue times, nobody cares bout your darn labels…

THX FOR THE FIX!! Now I will wait only 2 hours in queue instead of 4! :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Fix the queue times? There are realms available that are very accessable.
“But muh friends/guild be on there” - Tough sh*t, everyone knew the initial realms was going to have queues and that half your group would be left out. Real chads with big brains did the calculation and rolled on #fresh.

Problem: Long queues on all servers regardless of population
Solution: Rename all servers to high populated servers

Problem fixed!
ROFL

2 Likes

That’s a little unfair. The check system was not designed with the idea of starting with 2 servers in mind, then proceeding to add shed loads more in the final minutes before going live - naturally creating an enormous skew. Everyone is wise with hindsight and calculating check sums for a server is far trickier than you or I could imagine :smiley:

This should have been the case from the beginning… I have absolutely no idea why you would reference everything to the few ridiculous realms because you created the ridiculous realms by forcing EVERYONE onto just a few servers pre-launch…

Again another very basic mistake by Blizz that costs players’ time, effort and friendships

So why is there queue on Medium??

Who in their actual right mind actually thought this was a remotely good idea? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Holy hell, I usually wonder how bad you guys can screw up in order to lead to these disastrous f-ups of launches but this level of ignorance and general lack of sense actually goes way beyond what I imagined. If I did something remotely close to this in my job I would have a terrible time from my boss/coworkers xD

Good god people… Bless the heart of the little one that implemented that system.

1 Like

Because Medium server in “classic mode” is like the Draenor eu server on a VERY busy day

The labels affect the queues, as they affect people’s preference for which server to join. Blizz are trying to get more people to shift over to the lower pop servers, to reduce the queues of the high pop ones.

But the post at the top here states that only Full realms will have queues.

It’s been a completely avoidable disaster. Whoever decided on 2 realms and labelling like this and being very grey about their layering system, expected numbers, etc. shouldn’t ever be in a position to make these decisions again…

Spanish community still need it’s own PVP server. They will have a place to be and it also will reduce a little queue times at peak hours. Also with opening just one PVP server you will ensure it’s long life and even if it dies few months from now, Blizzard already made profit and they can even make more by just putting paid migrations to more populated server. Everyone wins. Please help Spanish Community! Kind regards.

That explains a lot. Thanks for the update.

In big corporations such people usually get a bonus and big “thank you” once they manage to clean the mess they did. Perhaps a raise or even promotion. Good days these are…

There will be a lot of internal e-mails going on saying these were unexpected issues which were briliantly dealt with by…

2 Likes

Very welcome change, thank you!