New tauren leader [spoiler]

How would that work? Baine and Mayla? I mean, their homes and their people are so far away from one another…? Would they, like, commute?

pen pals is now an invention.

or speed dating.

Never had a LDR before? They often fall apart unless one of the two movies closer. But hey, portal exist.

But how could Mayla be High Chieftain of her own tribe and also be the wife of the High Chieftain of another tribe? WHO IS RUNNING WHAT?! WHERE DO THE KIDS LIVE?! SO MANY QUESTIONS-EHR0FHDIOHFLJD

[sasheer.exe has stopped responding]

3 Likes

I like this Meme

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/af0kn4/spoiler_baine_in_815/?utm_source=reddit-android
2 Likes

When we were discussing orcs, their defenders kept saying that we cannot apply human way of undestanding morality to orcs because they are a different people.

But when it comes to Baine, he is spinless for not seeking revenge for Taurajo, despite that most of his people agreed with him. You know, different people, different understanding what is right.

But, nope! Spineless Baine.

Double Standards in action agian.

2 Likes

Orcs are protected because blizzard took their time to extra crap on them with WoD so that puts them in the sympathy corner of unfairly treated races. Baine however had the continued characterization since cataclysm and his team hated him for it period. He is also part of the Golden pet family adding extra salt and vinegar.

I think that given the new light shed upon the Light it may be beneficial, for the Horde to keep the light as an outlier.

I actually thought of Maghata as a quite levelheaded individual, who is not above making compromises. But ultimately does what she believes has to be done. (If that would last when she gets proper spotlight i can’t say)

Something like a journey of self discovery? Perhaps going to the final tribe that’s not under Horde banner?(ofc i’m talking about yaungol)

Mayla would be on top of that relationship and keep em imo.

Funny. Draenei’s history is way more tragic than “we were tricked!.. Again!” orcs, but I never saw you showing any sympathy towards them.

Ah, obviously! They are in the Alliance :wink:

2 Likes

You got your redemption arc and 100% of the Argus plot. And your story reached it’s destination. The Orcs however got thrown in a dumpster fire.

Draenei had their redemption arc.

What?

Relevance? We’re talking about showing sympathy not screentime.

How?

While most of the Draenei’s history is indeed quite tragic, I can’t help but laugh at how naive we seem to be sometimes. We didn’t just land in Draenor and decide to take up a small patch of land, out of everyone’s way, not wanting to bother the natives. We decided to colonise that b*tch. Because the natives were obviously primitives who needed to be introduced to our morally superior ways.

We need to face facts. The Draenei are a race of conquerers hiding behind a facade of peace!

1 Like

Which… NEVER happened…

3 Likes

… yes, of course it didn’t, sis.

long, slow wink

2 Likes

Not here, someone will see this!

Nothing to see! Move along!

2 Likes

Actually an interesting thing to ponder, if the MU Dreanei would have eventually gone the way of AU Yrel had Kil’jeaden not gotten the Orcs to unite under one banner and start killing them, when he did.

food for thought really

points towards warlords of Draenor That’s how.

A race that manages to get stand on its feet again doesn’t need symphathy. Victims needs symphathy. Velen, the light bless him, stopped being a victim and took action to lead the Draenei towards victory. No you have respect instead of symphathy.

How do you feel about Yrel thinking Grom was an old friend?
You know that almost everybody on Draenor agrees with that thought right?

How do you feel about that “understanding” regarding what’s right?

I did find Velen’s story somewhat condemning. He was one of the big leaders and then left almost everyone behind, when Sargeras came. Even his wife and child. Basically because the Light told him so. Which then lead to a who knows how long cycle of Dreanei come, Dreanei settle, Demons kill everyone while Dreanei flee on their spaceship.

Which would make standing up to and facing his past a redemption story of sorts. Culminating in the realisation that prophetsies of the light are not absolute.

I still can’t forgive him for ignoring my character’s Eredun herritage, when i did it on my Aliance toon.

1 Like

I believe that the situation with Yrel and AU-Draenor is more to serve as an example of a potential outcome of a “freed” Draenor. We don’t actually know if MU-Yrel even existed.