New World had 1 mil players on first day - this is big

I thought you’d notice that questions like that are pointless. Apparently not. So be it.

Who?

And if you furnish me with his/her source I’d appreciate it!

Just like this thread then don’t you agree, totally pointless, just another attempt to cause uproar over nothing.

1 Like

not really its actually underperforming to expectation

SL had a unit sold on launch as the highest ever, if you look at single points like that you can easily say SL sold a minimum in the 10 million range, so using this way of comparing numbers we can pretend that the game is at a way higher number, it just does not make sense.
Oh and when people talk about the numbers for FF as an example people use numbers with free accounts in them, if we do the same with wow we know because blizzard have said so in the past (WoD if my memory is correct) that the number is over a minimum of 100million accounts.

Single point of oooo look at the numbers like this does not really tell anything that is usefull.
And you should play what you like not what is more popular.

1 Like

SL “sold” a lot on the first day, sure. Because they put all preorders into that first day. But that’s a different figure than the number of players logged in. That number was likely on par with New World’s claimed more than 1 million. Maybe a little bigger, but just a little.

Where in blizzard do you work? because only blizzard have the numbers and if you do not work at blizzard you are guessing because that it the numbers YOU want to be correct not because you have ANY data on it being correct.

Correct there is a difference but you can not know what that difference is.

You want Blizzards numbers to be low sure that is fine you can pretend that they are low but do not come with anything like that you have any idea what the numbers actually are.

1 Like

I work in the industry, mate. Tons of numbers and ratios are either the same or we know what they depend on. I don’t need Blizzard to tell me the exact numbers, I know what they are, give or take, from what they do tell / what various sites measure.

So you work in the industry and that makes you able to know for a FACT what the numbers are because you are right here pretending that you know for a fact that the number can not possibly be above 2-3million

So blizzard does not tall ANY number, so how can you know from what they say the numbers are without having the numbers at all.

There is the edit you are pretending that the sites that have been proven to have a mistake ratio so large that it is in the 20 times range difference in +/-.
Again you try to pretend you know based on no real information that we know is accurate.

1 Like

Blizzard say things that hint at numbers and we have sites measuring things that can be used to approximate numbers.

What site are you referencing and what figure are you talking about? The data on FF from mmo-population? That’s bogus, yes. But there are other sites with better methodologies (if we can even call the one used by mmo-population such), their results are much more reliable.

I get that you want to yell “you don’t have the numbers, you don’t know anything reeeeee”, this is not very interesting. I can make the discussion a little more useful though. You said that SL had 10 million at launch? Did I get it right? If so, why exactly are you saying that? What specific verbiage from Blizzard are you referring to? Because if you link it, I will point out to you where this verbiage does not mean what you think it means. SL did not have 10 million at launch at all.

Well in the context of this thread title, the 10m at launch of SL is more than the 1m at launch of New World! No matter which way you want to word it, but this is all pointless anyway, the time to crow about New World will be in a few months, when people have had time to digest the game

Where does this figure of 10m come from? Can you cite specific verbiage? Because it doesn’t mean what you think it means. It’s just an urban myth that SL had 10m at launch. It never had them.

Agree with the rest, New World might die down fast.

As far as I am aware, the was a report stating the SL launch at 10m purchases (including pre purchases) personally I do recall that figure, but as with this thread in general it is all supposition and guess work.

So New world does not have 1million players on the first day is what you are saying.
But Regardless back to the point you think day 1 numbers matters?

Also 1million is very very low for being the new hotness and in a content lull for several big MMOs with all the hype around it 1million is not at all impressive, most MMOs in the past that was touted as wow killers had more then that.

There was no mention of 10m.

Lol wonder if they counted the people stuck in the queues, if the didn’t, there’s another 5m there :rofl:

??? No, it did. 1 million players ONLINE on the same day is big. The number for WoW is significantly smaller. You brought up the number of SOLD COPIES for WoW and it is bigger. But it is bigger for New World as well.

And yet I distinctly remember a figure being mentioned, so unless I can be proved otherwise, I’ll stick with that, but even you can’t claim that SL launched with Only 1m as New World appears to have been?

And how many players did WoW have online? Any figures?

It doesn’t work that way )) I mean, you are free to remain whatever until proven otherwise, but if you think the figure of 10m was mentioned and I say that it wasn’t, it’s illogical to ask me to prove that it wasn’t. The 10m figure was made up by players from deceptive verbiage. That’s why I am asking you to recite what verbiage you are thinking about. To point out that it does not say “10m” nor anything else spectacular.

It’s from my recollection, whether right or wrong, I’ll stick with that.