New World had 1 mil players on first day - this is big

Just estimates, the scale is about the same 1 mil. Maybe a little more. At SL launch that is. Now they have much less. (See the first post.)

No it is not, not compared to other games that came out earlier and have died off.
It is a Massively hyped game that should be able to get 1million on opening day if not it is trash numbers for when it is released.

Again with the numbers LINK to those numbers as you SO CLEARLY have them if i am to believe you.
And if you do not have the numbers STOP PRETENDING YOU HAVE them.

I brought it up as a way to show how DAY 1 Numbers DO NOT MATTER AT ALL.
What matters is what the number will be in 6months time 2years time and so on.

Again, source on this claim would be appreciated

Again you do the same thing Pretedning you know the numbers based on NOTHING

1 Like

I agree that day 1 numbers don’t matter in the long run. Incidentally, the thread is not saying that New World will beat WoW in the long run. It is merely saying that other games now can absolutely get to WoW’s numbers and exceed them and so the era where WoW was significantly ahead has ended and WoW now competes in the middle of the pack. Maybe read the first post. Just a suggestion.

Read the discussion in the first post. The total number of WoW subs is approximated from proxies like m+ participation, etc. Bellular had a video on this in the last month or so, he noted several such things (the numbers are not based on the video, the video is based on the same sources).

Let see how many players they`ll have in 16 years (2037).

But you have no definitive proof of this! This is merely your opinion, nobody knows the true figures except for Blizzard, so again the whole thing is just supposition and guess work.

So no actual figures then , just guesswork and bleating from some streamer (I assume that’s who the is)

Probably nobody, but the thread is not about that.

SO stop pretending you have the numbers

Maybe stop pretending you KNOW the numbers then just a suggestion.

It has taken 17years to get to that point at this trending rate we have 5more years before that is something to even think about.

We cross-posted, this is far more than my opinion, read my addendum to the post above.

No this is 100% your OPINION until you learn to LINk your source.
And yes i am saying the same thing over and over and that is because you keep on pretending that you know something yet you are not even able to show ANYTHING that makes anything you say worth anythng.

No it is not it is literally talking about what you say

That quote was an example of how day 1 numbers does not mean much and if you are going to harp on that you are missing the point of me even bringing it up in the first place.
YET you are Not even able to give 1 LINK to show your source not a single one and you claim to know not just the numbers at launch you CLAIM to know the DAILY logins to wow.
Based on Nothing as far as i can see you are.
Numbers you claim to know for a fact JUST from your first comment here:

A major part of your thread is about you KNOWING for a FACT what the numbers are, a major of your post is based on this Show Where You Have That Number From

Non-sequitur.

Non-sequitur.

Irrelevant to the point of the thread.

I am not even saying that New World is a great game. I am saying something completely different. Read what it is, it is at the end of the first post.

Do you want to show me the quote from which you concluded that SL had 10m at launch? Because if you link it, I will show you how it mislead you to think that.

No, this is totally and solely your opinion, one made up of fictitious numbers with no basis in reality at all.

and then itll have 20 players on the second week.
So what, if you want to play it then go play it … noone on the wow forums wants to hear about it

Scan through Bellular’s videos and find the one that talks about player numbers, as I said, he mentions the sources. That is, if you really want to know what the sources are. If you just want to yell that they don’t exist, then sure, don’t look at anything and just continue to yell )))

Math, mate. Math.

So you want me to believe in some persons opinions on the figures, knowing full well that the sources they quote are no more accurate than guesswork, as, and has been mentioned before, the only ones who know the accurate figures are Blizzard! I could stream a claim from fictitious sources claiming WoW had 15m players by using fictitious sources, but hey unless Blizzard decide to announce official figures, they will be guesswork and inaccurate

Two points…

Maths only works if you have accurate data

I’m not your mate.

I don’t want you to believe in opinions. I want you to look at what is measured and what the results are. And then what does that mean for the number of subs.

Correct. The data is accurate. Look into what it is.

Wwe is losing viewers for 15 years. Does it mean it is losing? Hell nah.

Activision blizzard dont really care subs.
They care about in-game shop which makes ridiculous money.
Also, whenever you start battle net you see games like cod and others. Thats free advertisement.
They also wow official and non-official competitions which also make some nice bucks.

Income is so much bigger than subs.

1 Like

There were reports that about half of revenues for WoW is things other than subs. Services / tokens.

1 Like