Nice, So Classic is already over? What's Next?

Whatever they decide regarding TBC, one thing is certain.
Classic will die out (have 1-2 servers with max 5k pop each) without few fresh realms every 2-3 years, which can constantly keep 5 - 10k pop each.
And one more thing is certain. All of these servers, fresh or not, will have 0 support like Diablo II

1 Like

Copy the entire servers along with all characters on them. That way we get to keep all character and guild names to tbc, and old ones stay as they are in vanilla.

Imagine having to fight for our character names again, and having to coordinate our guilds into brand new servers once again, would be such a hassle.

2 Likes

i can see everyone is raid logging more so yes P5 is the worst but I can imagine P6 will be the same as P5 until tbc. for time being I think i wanna play on hydrax and rp

All I see is QQ

QQ is common on these forums just like vanilla

Why not start fresh already :upside_down_face:

already unsubbed again but this time left a note.

can’t wait for TBC

I am hoping for TBC servers in whatever form they choose, but I’m sure what’s the best way to go about things. I’m one of the PROBABLY few that would enjoy fresh servers for TBC, leveling from scratch… Because one of the reasons I love, and still love classic is how much I enjoy leveling in it. That does also mean that I get a lot more ‘use’ out of classic as is since I don’t boost and I’m still working on tons of alts to level.

I do think they should consider progression server types as well as new ‘fresh’ servers eventually but I think it’s still quite early for fresh servers.

I don’t mind if they do ‘migration’ or ‘character copies’ or just straight up premade characters starting at 58 for TBC, because I’ll just be happy to play classic and TBC either way.

My only problems with Classic so far have been BOTS being everywhere to the point you can go to certain areas and almost always find bots leveling… The abuse of multiboxing to level by gold sellers, and then using those characters to bot group places like stratholme.

Then also servers and the degraded performance in wpvp battles like tarren mill vs southshore. Or major fights in cities that just can’t happen because you either lag out or get ported out by a GM.

The rest is mostly fault of the players, like it’s near impossible for me to find groups for many dungeons level 30+ outside of SM armory and Cath thanks to the boosting meta and players taking the path of least resistance. Tons of people saying they just ‘wouldn’t level alts’ without boosting and I both doubt that, and think if that’s the case then they shouldn’t have an alt if they don’t want to put forth the time to level.

1 Like

It’s not surprising things are slowing down.
For the majority of players the only way to improve their characters are few and far between drops from raids, so there is less and less motivation to log.

Same for pvp, which has been mostly rinsed a million times.

The coming of naxx is a good thing as guilds are mostly bleeding players and dragging things out won’t help, while having the most “challenging” raid available may bring back a few.

After that, I really don’t care/don’t know. I just want to be able to keep my char and farm naxx until I’m in full bis.

1 Like

thats why Classic is absolutly trash right now and I can only hope for TBC now

Well… on the one hand, the increased exp reward from quests and the AoE cap (sure, tankadins can sorta avoid it but they’re nowhere as fast as mages currently are) will make boosting less profitable compared to just questing than it is now. On the other hand, the increased exp reward from quests will also make regular sub-60 dungeon groups less popular in the long run compared to Classic, and the improved drops can only help to some extent.

Create “new” classic servers, let players freely copy 2 characters onto those servers, implement restrictions that will invalidate boosting, just continue with TBC release on “old” classic servers.
I guarantee you “new” classic servers won’t be dead, however few of them.

Why level an alt if you’ve ever done 1-120 before(Or now 1-50)?
Some people also didn’t join the game before Classic, TBC, Wrath etc was over.
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

I stopped playing because of the problem in your last paragraph. I was having a blast in Deadmines and Gnomeregan healing, getting groups easily in the evenings. Then the next dungeon was SM, I think I got 2-3 groups in a whole week of spamming LFG in the evenings. Either we couldn’t get a group or people wanted money for boosting.

You see your all looking at this incorrectly. It WAS not the end of WOW. You have tried to cut and paste the idea of a game - start middle and end - onto something that has NEVER ended. Please understand CLASSIC never existed per se, there was the release of WOW and there were patches and expansions and still ARE. People have determined phases to the game determiante to patches and expansions and tried to classify them (sigh Historians) as existant in their own right. They were just parts or phases to what is WOW.
A separate game called classic with a start middle and end that being Naxxramas has NEVER existed before. The question is - WILL it exist or even Can it exist within the MMO genre (it will be a world first in the MMO genre) and what should we call it ? If there had been no further releases perhaps more people would have understood that WOW has NEVER been a true game, in that it never had an END, nor was there an overall winner. The people that bought and subscribed to WOW are who tried to gamify content, not Blizzard. Yes Blizzard did release aspects of gameplay - such as arena’s and pvp tournaments, and to give people a sense of there being a way to win something. Ultimately however there has never been an end to WOW, and everyone still believes it is a game. There are NO MMO games per se, certainly not in the LITERAL sense, and we all should know there is NO LIFE in history. It wasnt even created within the parameters of a game - you dont believe me ? Ok lets say that Naxxramas gets released and nothing more - at what point do you WIN anything ? At what point is anyone or any team declared ‘The Winner’ ? <-- this is the problem with MMO’s, read my previous post as to a solution to this problem. They gave you nothing really, just repetition, and the players created any winning outcomes where ever they exist. We cleared it first - we cleared it quicker - we did this - we did that, players, teams and guilds made CLAIM to ACHIEVING anything. WHY, so they could convince themselves and others that they were indeed playing a game and that they were good at it…! In other words YOU did the work and they just supplied you with a program. Companies have NO creativity within them and MMO’s are NOT really games merely RNG ‘fruit’ machines. <-- nothing new here, just a reworking using computers of something that has existed for eons - manipulating people’s minds to the potential that for x amount of money you can win prestige, be good at something even WIN something. WRONG…!
Can we turn this tide ? See my other posts giving a workable solution to the ultimate question - Can Blizzard or any other company ever turn an MMO into a REAL game and is it economically viable for them to do so ? It is NOW …!
^ Fact…!

Phase 6 is the last phase as far as we know.

You really like to drool over your own posts don’t you?

Opinions are not facts, and I disagree with you. Not gonna go into detail why because you seem the type to write a huge rant / wall of text to ‘prove’ your points. WoW- Classic is already a game, and a good one. Not satisfied with it? Tough luck, others are.

Supposedly TBC is in the works but we haven’t seen any announcement or official discussion. Thus I think it’s fairly safe to say that TBC will be released at a later date than the official timeline.

I hope and doubt that they will force players to roll into TBC. I believe we will see split servers. Going into the Dark Portal boots you from the server (somewhat befitting) and you can select a TBC server. As the population of the classic servers will be demolished I believe they will implement free or forced mergers.

Then they will either let WoW Classic be stuck in limbo or they will (my guess) roll out fresh start servers with timed content releases as often as there are enough players to sustain the servers.

In the far future I expect to see at least 1 of each server (classic, tbc, wotlk) on each region.

Does not feel rushed really. Every raid so far I managed to complete and grind all the loot I wanted, that counts for most of our guidl members. So the pace seems fine.

If TBC opens, I hope they make new realms for them you can transfer your account too as I would not start over at level 1 again. Solves problems of current dead servers and that way vanilla purists can stay on non TBC servers if they prefer.