The fresh reroll experience - Repopulating Flamelash Alliance

History and Background

Already at release on August 27th, there was a heavy horde favor on Flamelash when the population settled at a 40:60 A:H ratio. The fighting in Stranglethorn Vale was atrocious for alliance as flight masters and quest givers were getting camped by horde players. This later carried on into Stormwind and Ironforge when the Honor System was released. Alliance players could barely log on in their own capital cities without getting killed. As character transfer opened for WoW Classic in November 2019 literally every alliance guild took the opportunity to transfer off the server. What remained was a server with an A:H ratio of 2:98 and one of the most famous happenings of WoW Classic history was a fact.

And now Act II begins.

Our goal - Repopulation of Flamelash Alliance

Currently, the situation on the Flamelash Alliance side is that there are two guilds, one for raiding and one for PvP. The opportunities for pugging raids are second to none and the auction house is pretty much empty. This means we have to rely on our own, almost like a fresh server, except there are plenty of players on the other faction already. But this time they won’t force us away, they will be happy we are around.

The true reroll experience

Probably like most of you viewing this thread, we are seeking for a place to start fresh, progress through the classic experience together. Not going via pugs, boosting, and jumping through the content like other retail traits. We want the vanilla leveling experience.

We have decided to take the baton and lead this journey with you.

Our principles

The idea is to gather at least 100 players before we start this journey.

The set ‘release date’ for this project is October 24th, at 19:00 hours server time.

• No one is supposed to start level before this to get a ‘head start’.
  • You can pre-create characters to reserve names only.
  • You are not supposed to get boosted by the few 60s there already is on the server.
  • We will carry on into raiding and the idea is to clear it all before the rumored TBC release.
  • This is a casual and friendly project with dedicated and experienced leadership, both from previous similar projects and end-game raiding.

More rules and how to approach this project will follow on our discord, lets create a community there before the release.

So, don’t hesitate and join us today!

Discord: discord.gg/qXfXKCw

—UPDATE—

Some common questions have started to pop up about the project and server choice. Here is a short Q&A:

Q: Don’t you think horde will do exactly the same as they did a year ago and eject you from the server once again?

A: As we have spoken to several players currently on Flamelash the understanding is that most of the players who caused this have also left the server when alliance left, mostly to Earthshaker. Recently the server managed to complete the AQ War Effort before Blizzards autocomplete and during this time horde and alliance have worked hard together. The server now has normal rivalry between horde and alliance like most other servers do. Wherever there are players there will of course also be dickheads but we don’t believe horde as a collective will shut us down again.

Q: Why pick a completely dead server for this project?

A: We want to build a close-knit community where we depend on and help each other. Leveling up doing dungeons, crafting gear and materials, sharing the loot we find, and not have players buy into boosting services and be given an ‘unfair advantage’. Starting on a dead server is as close to an authentic fresh server release experience you can get nowadays.

Q: Why not pick another server that is more dead than Flamelash, like Judgement or Dragonfang?

A: Investigating the activity on players and the auction house on these servers we can conclude that Flamelash is the one worst off for alliance. There is basically nothing on the AH and only one guild that does raid.

—UPDATE 2—

The guild we will be forming now have a name, < Reinforcements >.

There are already over 100 players who have signed up to participate in this project.

35 Likes

Im LOVING this, but then i saw the discord link,
I dont even GET discord, i downloaded it and joined a few groups early on in classic, but its just… crap? Whats The point?
cant it be organised on here?

1 Like

No worries, we are going to post updates in this thread.

Discord is recommended to use to keep live communication and further discussions more organized.

2 Likes

Good luck guys, you have plenty of support from both factions on Flamelash.

7 Likes

Just joined the disc, gonna see how this goes but would love a ‘fresh’ start!

5 Likes

Why not do this on an actual dead server like Judgement or Dragonfang? These servers have no economy so you can’t even buy bags/gear to make the leveling process easier, nor can you sell low level mats for easy money (light feather/swiftthistle) to help you with buying skills etc. It’s truly the hardcore release experience.

Furthermore what makes you think the Horde won’t do the same thing they did months ago; gank Alliance everywhere? History will repeat itself, 100 players is not nearly enough to fix the imbalance. You will still have trouble getting to raids, contesting herbs etc.

I bet many horde already moved their lvl60 chars to alliance FPs and eagerly waits to destroy this project. :skull_and_crossbones:

I must disagree, we have already communication established between sides and guilds. Most of the guilds have stated direct support in our project.

There are for sure individuals like everywhere, but we shall really not worry about it. Happy to see people interested. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, good luck for your project, but don’t be surprised if those individuals turn to be the majority. It happened before, it probably will happen again regardless of how many horde guilds are supporting your project.
I mean you seriously think that any horde will be expelled or kicked out of any guild if they start ganking alliance players?
You know: “PvP happened on a PvP server, live with it”

1 Like

The horde population on Flamelash isn’t very good either.

2 Likes

Updated the post with some common questions we are recieving.

1 Like

Liking the idea, bumping this up:)

3 Likes

Looks like a really nice project esp. since most pvp servers aren’t really nice for leveling anymore. Hope it works out well!

2 Likes

That’s the point, perfect environment for this kind of project. No AH, economy, pugs, just relying on ourselves. Doesn’t it sound like fresh server to you? :slight_smile:

This project has been announced 2 days ago, and already have committed 40+ players to begin the tourney together, on start date.

2 Likes

This project just goes to show people will want to reroll on a fresh server now and then. This might be a semi reroll since all raids are already available but I honestly think once naxx has been out 6 months blizz should open up 2 fresh servers (1 pve and 1 pvp) that start at phase 1.

This way the crowd that will skip TBC can stay classic and have stuff to do aside from farming naxx.

4 Likes

Bump this up! fantastic<3

2 Likes

Great idea. Im on your discord and will follow. WIll see how many players wanna go for thtat project. Maybe im in

Already 50 people signed up within the first day.
Looking forward to a fresh start as it’s a shame that leveling zones are empty on many servers.

Sounds interesting project and id love to join but as it happens i have multiple horde characters on Flamelash allready and now i have to decide if i delete those and jump on this. Sad to waste the gold on those tho, but luckily i dont have any over 30+ since the server died before i managed to level 60.

Maybe i could realm transfer one with gold to alliance side. (Just for late ruse, im going to start fresh char if i do join.)

1 Like

Or create a 2nd account Tevura, but yeh sounds like a nice project