Night elves did not get their revenge, this is unacceptable!

You realize Argus was full of Draenai who were killed/corrupte and the rest hunted, and the actual planet sort of died too.

We are talking losses on planetary scale both territorial and in lives lost.

I am not confusing anything…

2 Likes

They decimate an entire tribe of trolls in Cataclysm.

But if you are asking if they ever managed to defeat the combined armies of 8 races supported by the logistics of an entire faction, then no. Night elves have never managed to win those sort of battles.

2 Likes

Did you even read what I’ve wrote. They started as such a race. The Draenei didn’t even existed lorewise before tbc! No nelf fan cries about the great loses of WotA, because they’re irrelevant at this point.

5 Likes

Warcraft III introduces Nelfs as hostile near savage people who choose to shoot first and talk after. They are hostile to the Alliance and Horde until they figure out they were being invaded by the Burning Legion.
And while Nelfs might have been the first druids, they were not the only ones who practiced that sort of magic. So I’m not sure how entitled you must be to feel like you were robbed of a class when nelfs still are the face of the druid class in WoW.

I’m not sure why Nelfs need to take so many punches from stuff nobody else seems to be bothered with. Arthas was a human prince, Kel’thuzad was a Dalaran wizard, Kil’jaeden was an eredar leader and so was Archimonde. Gul’dan was an orc and so was Garrosh. The whole Dark Iron race was hostile to both factions. Yet somehow the nelfs are insulted again.

So the Nelfs ally themselves with the Alliance who uses mages, they accept sanctuary in Dalaran who are all mages and it’s somehow insulting that they accept the highborne back in their ranks? Weren’t you just mentioning how upset you are cause half of the nelf race is neutral and does not care about you? Give me a break.
Again why is it a problem when a nelf turns evil but nobody bats an eyelash when some other character of any other race turns evil? There were plenty of non nelf guys turning nasty in that expansion, why exactly are nelfs special?

Now I’ll give it to you that the nelfs suffered losses in Cataclysm, since they were the focus of Garrosh’s main advance meant to secure Kalimdor, but…

It wasn’t just Garrosh, it was the combined forces of the Horde. I get it that you think nelfs are just that damned good but they were facing the combined might of the Horde and eventually, when the rest of the Alliance joined the Nelfs, the Horde got pushed back.

Your classic leader who was already established as a villain. But of course, since it was a nelf, it wasn’t right. Again, let me point you to the many, MANY other villains of other races that are rarely talked about.

So what? The shaman class was given to other races as well, so was the paladin class in fact so where the rest of the classes. Where is the troll/orc outrage over that fact? Why are nelfs making a big deal out of it? And by the way, the tauren and the worgen were being schooled by nelfs into the ways of druidism while trolls had their own definition of druidism which had been slowly building up from Vanilla.

Yes because Nelfs are awesome and anything that they don’t wint flawlessly is an insult to you right? Not everything that certain races try ends up successful especially when the game was rigged from the start, since the immortality you are talking about came with a price, meaning they had to drain the life from other people to prolong their own. Welcome to every other race in WoW.

Sorry to break it to you, but Tyrande was always an insolent brat who thought she knew best. It was kind of odd that she actually listened to Varian when I expected her to chastise him and go crazy on the enemy and lose. Could it be that she learned something at last?!

I think you mean WoD. And guess what wash happening?! The orcs were being crapped on for the second expansion in a row while the Horde characters were being led around by a human mage part of a faction that broke their neutrality to favor the Alliance just a while back. That expansion could have entirely not had the Horde faction participate and it wouldn’t have made a difference. Orc fans saw many of their favorite characters killed off like trash mobs (like Doomhammer who was killed off so casually they had to actually change the way he dies), not to mention the large numbers of orcs joining the Legion despite knowing the consequences. But hey, a nelf turned evil.

It was also draenei, belf, naga, broken and fel orc souls too. And from what I know, Illidan and his demon hunters were imprisoned for that, so nobody was forgiven. In fact Maiev decided to free the demon hunters after Illidan’s prison-crystal was stolen, since the warden prison was overrun with demons.

Incompetent? It shows Tyrande actually making a pertinent choice that eventually turned the odds against Xavius. Blizzard makes the entire area dedicated nearly in full to nelfs and their culture but yet you keep complaining.

Reason? Cause the Alliance could’t stop asking for the belf model. So Blizzard gives in. Please remember how many people were asking for Allaince belfs and how many were asking for Horde Nelfs because there’s a huge disparity between those two requests.
And nelfs were partially responsible, yes, but why is that a problem? You took issue with the highborne mages joining the Nelfs, why is it a problem now? The fact is that the belfs offered a better deal, given their experience with mana-crack addiction. Tyrande’s typical tone didn’t help either but I honestly doubt it was the main reason the NB joined the Horde.
And by the way, the wild gods are, as far as i know, not dead, just resting.

This is being debated to death, I’m not gonna join in beating this dead horse.

How about trolls. You think the bum-whoopings they’ve been given across the game counts?
What about orcs? You don’t think that they’ve had enough after MoP and WoD?

You play one of the most established races in this game that at some point ruled nearly the entire planet. What the hell do you expect? Why should you be treated any differently that the trolls or the orcs?

I’m sorry, Cataclysm was before the orcs lost and their city got sacked. Orgrimmar is damaged as far as I know, they just didn’t bother to show it in game. It was not new, it got revamped cause it looked like crap.

It’s not a new location it’s a revamped location which is NEXT to Orgrimmar and where the Horde goblins are based. But feel free to ask Blizzard to conquer it if it makes you feel better.

Unless orc children take 6-7 years to reach maturity from birth, I don’t see how they can have restored their population. They might have been dishing out kids like it’s a hobby, but that does not mean they restored themselves, it means they have a lot of mouths to feed and a lot less capable, experienced soldiers.

So you want to see the actual story losses in the world. Ok, that’s something I can agree with entirely. Have zones reflect their current status.

No, they don’t deserve it. And to be honest the only thing that you really asked for was seeing conquests in game and I agree, but nelfs don’t deserve that, everyone does.

If they want the race to keep existing they will have to establish a new city or rebuild an old one. I don’t know about all their camps, but some will have to be restored without question. I’m also not familiar with nelf breeding habits, but usually having kids is key to surviving as a species. All these things will have to be done to keep the nelfs as a playable race the same it was done with orcs and trolls. So I’m not sure why you are using a scenario that is very probable to happen as some kind of excuse to claim oppression like nobody claimed oppression before. It’s probably because you like it.

It’s not only possible, it’s very probably since Blizzard isn’t gonna have you removed nex expansion, which I suspect you’d love since it gives you an actual reason to complain.

When they chased off Nathanos and killed one of the Val’kyr.

Look, I get that people become frustrated when things are not going their way. But you fellas are something else. You purposefully nitpick the story to suit your notion that you are being discriminated against, like you suffer what nobody has suffered before. At the same time, you have no solutions, the only thing I could get out of you from your long rant is that you want something Blizzard has no choice but to give to you (repopulation, new/rebuilt capital city).

That being said, even if my advice falls on deaf ears, wait for the story to conclude before you pass judgement on it and declare yourselves the biggest victims ever. People know, by now that you are not happy, that is VERY clear, but let’s be honest, you have been doing it so much that people are starting to think that you have a thing for suffering, like a fetish given how miserable you seem to be and how often you have to talk about it. Give it a break.

7 Likes

Honestly, no offense, it is quite hard to make out your english in the first post …

But from what I understand you believe that Losses and tragedies that are not “recent” are not “relevant”?

Is that correct?

So Teldrassil burned yesterday so its all we should talk about?

So it doesnt matter what other races lost? Nelfs never lost their planet… you cant compare the amount of loss no matter what… you only try to disregard it

I speak about how the races are represented ingame. The losses of the past are mostly there to give the race some kind of history. It’s one thing ifbyou get told what happened, another to see it all the time. Which vengeance do you want to see? The most events were connected with scourge or legion and both were defeated. Why do you not just go back to the general forum where you belong?

6 Likes

Tbh I kinda agree on this one. It’s like watching a movie and being told it happened differenly in a book. Cool, dosen’t make the movie better. It’s also why I dislike the way Blizz spread their lore around. What I care about is what is shown in the game.

3 Likes

You dont get to tell me where I belong

Well as Horde it felt also like a movie watching Teldrassil burn… that explains why I dont share ur sentiment I guess.

1 Like

You magnificent skellyman, your post should be copy-pasted in all current and future night elf complain threads. It has everything that needs to be said about these complaints laid out in a concise manner.

@Metaljaw<Wrath>

You have split my post by peaces, saying that - “Hey, why you are complain about this period, when in this period some other race had problems. Hey, why you complain about that period, when in that period some another race had problems”.
While some of the peaces you have just trow away.

But my message should not be splitted, it should be read as whole. Because in Night Elves case, Night Elves are getting punches all the time, not like other races. Night Elves never get any bonuses back, like other races.
That is main idea, idea that you have ignored.

I heard that before? Guess when, before you continue reading my post.

For now lets switch back to the orcs. Yes I agree, Blizzard always makes it up to the races that were beaten up. Like orcs. They have lost a war. I will repeat my self**, they lost a War**!
But Blizzard have restored that race. Orcs still live in restored big capital city.
There are not cities, villages or camps, that were belong to the orcs, and now conquered by enemies or destroyed. Orcs have retook everything. After a lose in a war, orcs gain new land, which was stolen from Night Elves.
Orcs are still one of the strongest races in a world, and a lead race in the Horde.

In other words orcs are fine. Blizzard have restored them.

You told about trolls. Which ones?
Shatterspear tribe? Yes this not playable race was defeated by Night Elves. A tribe of dancing trolls, which never was strong.
But guess what? In BfA they have restored their tribe, and retake their lands. Even more, they took some Night Elves territories. They also had their ravage, by taking actions in wiping Night Elves race in the War of the Thorns.

So, Shatterspear tribe is more than Fine. Blizzard have restored them.

Darkspear tribe? Just a reminder, that this tribe was smallest in the world when they began in Classic. They were just a couple of refugees in Orgrimmar.
After that they manage to retake their Island and rebuild their capital city. Their leader even was a leader of the Horde. From zero they were transformed in to one of the key races of Azerot.

So, Darkspear tribe is fine. Blizzard have restored them.

Zandalar tribe? Yes, in 2 addons we had to beat them up, when that race was not playable.
But then suddenly we have found out an Entire Big Empire of Zandalari! Now that race is one of the most strongest races in the World !!!

So, Zandalar tribe is fine. Blizzard have restored them.

• So yes. Those races were punched hard, but were totally restored later.

But now lets return to you words. Did you guess when did a heard those words before?
Well I heard them back in Cata!
In that period Night Elves were experience heavy loses. Night Elves lost a battle in Aszhara, they have lost an army to some small amount of goblins. Night Elves were beaten in Ashenvale 2 times. Night Elves were beaten in Stontalon. Night Elves have lost a location to the Horde. They have lost some cities and villages to the Horde. There were not places in the world where Night Elves did not had some loses in that period.

It was a major punch to Nelfs. So people were complaining on the forums. People were asking, what will Night Elves get for that? How Blizzard will make it up to Night Elves?
Back than people like you were saying - “Hey, stop complaining! The story is not over yet! Blizzard will make it up to Night Elves like to the other races!”.

But NO! Not in Night Elves case. Night Elves after a win did not get ANYTHING! Night Elves did not retake or restore their lost cities or villages. They did not restore broken lands. They did not retake conquered lands back.
They did not had even a revenge. Garrosh, the person responsible in so many loses have just escaped…
In other people eyes Night Elves became incompetent since than.

So tell me, why do you think that Blizzard will restore Night Elves as a race, if Blizzard had ignored Night Elves needs back than?
In fact Blizzard already told that Night Elves already had their revenge for Teldrassil… In Blizzard eyes Night Elves already are Fine !!!

• And that is the main reason why Night Elven whine is more loud that others.
    Not, because Night Elves is only playable race in game that was defeated totally, with all their heroes, and all their forces types, by other playable races. And Not because they have lost totally everything, and will have to live with this humiliation forever. And Not because they are only playable race that became a dying race without a future.
    But because other races always being restored after punches, while Night Elves are always being ignored by Blizzard!
    The reason is because of that Unfair treatment from Blizzard side!
2 Likes

They had? Damn, I am going home to Gilneas.

6 Likes

No, it shouldn’t. If your base argument is “Night elves have it worst”, and then you proceed listing a series of events to prove it, someone pointing out the fact that said events were mirrored with other races, who even could’ve had it worse, is a valid and sensible retort.

I’m a bit on a rush atm, but I can try and make a post that sums up the Night elf problem (from my point of view of course)…without being as hyperbolic as to say that they are the Ultimate Victim in WoW (something that you seem to imply).

3 Likes

Well I would certainly appreciate it.

Gilneas people start a game running away on one ship from the Horde. They had totally nothing already at the start.
After that, they build a couple of cities across the world. They manage to kick forsaken out from Gilneas, which can be count as revenge. Their leader of the Gilneas manage event to take away the future of the forsakens in Legion, by ruing Sylvanas plans.

Now in our days, Gilnean people have a big army. And play major role in BfA from Alliance side.

So yes, from a small refugees, they have grow in to a big race with future, that manage to punch forsakens really hard as revenge.

No?

No? According to Before the Storm, the Forsaken hold Gilneas. Its status is uncertain even in BFA. You want a race which did not reclaim a home after a won war? Gilneas is there.

According to your logic, night elves slapped Sylvanas in Darshore. Ergo, night elves are fine.

Now I am going back to enjoy my sprawling empire of Gilneas. It is funny how Gilnean outposts are an argument, but night elven outposts, which are much more prevalent, mean nothing.

5 Likes

No its not. Night Elves did not ruing Sylvanas plans in Darkshores. Night Elves did not win in that battle. Night Elves has no cities in the world. Night Elves did not kick Horde out of their lands.
And most important even in Elegy, Gilnean manage to evacuate totally all of their people.

Actually if you did rogue artifact quest, there are Gilnean wild worgens living there.

They didn’t? Doesn’t Sylvanas have a limited supply of Val’kyr, which are the most valuable Forsaken asset?

They didn’t? Tyrande did make quite the statement there.

Not yet.

But the incredibly larger number of night elven people evacuated means nothing, right? You are aware Gilneans went first because they are so few?

This is some lovely logic.

Призраклеса: “Night elves are a dying race, reeeeee!”
Araphant: “Gilneans were evacuated first because there are only a few of them. Are they not too a dying race? Infinitely more night elves then Gilneans has been evacuated.”
Призраклеса: “No, GIlneas is fine!”

I mean, come on. According to your own employed logic, night elves are fine, no?

Not anymore, there aren’t.

3 Likes

Night elves are still fighting in Darkshore. Look what happened to Hillsbrad or Theramore in Cata if you want to see how something “ignored by Blizzard” looks like.

I also need to mock this one separately. Gilneans are a big race with a future. Huh. The things one can learn here.

I was kinda thinking they are a band of homeless survivors.

2 Likes

Sylvanas plan was to rise Night Elves sentinels as Dark Rangers. Also in Good War, Sylvanas predict that Night Elves will try to retake their lands, and that will be a mistake that will ruin Alliance.

Night Elves send all their forces, and did not manage to stop Forskens. Sylvanas plan was succeeded.

Again, Gilnean have build up many cities, while according to Tyrandes words, most of the Night Elves were living on Teldrassil.
Gilnean forces did not take any action in the battle in War of the Thorns, while Night Elves were buchered.
And again there no where mentioned that Gilnean had some loses at all, while in Night Elves case in the book its clearly that they lost most of their race.