No change classic but change tbc

None of your suggested changes will happen.

The change from 20-40 to 10-25 was also in order to allow smaller guilds to have a chance at raiding and for bigger guilds to have an easier time at managing ppl.

As much as I hate Arenas as the sole way to acquire current-tier PvP gear I can easily see that they will not remove them, at all. The Blizzard that developed them from TBC forward wanted us to have this sort-of esport and they won’t remove that.

1 Like

As there is not need to have them 25 man either, but at least 40 man raids allow more player participation becouse know there are more player that want to do end game pve content compared to 2007.

My logic is not flowed becouse I prefer more TBC to classic (due of it having a slightly harder pve content) but there is the biggest flaw that are arenas (that killed any chance to have proper pvp as a mmo should have) and this no need at the time we are now becouse there are no more ranged that die on geddon incendio, warlocks that overaggro b laser or melee’s getting it by emperors blizzard.

And they can’t just split across more guilds?

Which part of “I don’t want to deal with massive benches or 40 people on voice comms” still didn’t get through your skull?

You are going to have bigger benches in TBC the video I linked made by preach explained it, and now people are more interested in raiding compared as it was 14 years ago.

That other is a you problem, if your officer team is not capable to handle when is free to talk and when officers have prio then your team is not doing their job properly, especially beviuse you are surely using discord that offers plenty of tools to better manage comms.

Let me makes this perfectly clear:

NONE of your suggestions will go through.

25m raids will remain 25.

Arena will stay as is.

Done, discussion over.

2 Likes

Then the 25 players will be spread across guilds instead of all benching.

Not really as you’d let people go to join / make their own guilds…?

Still this does not impede be to voice it.

We got classic the sane way.

Lol ok mr important.

And that video is just wrong. I did play TBC and WotLK, and I never had more than 5, maximum 10 ppl on bench - and most of those could be “re-absorbed” in a 2nd raid filled with alts from the 1st raid. In Vanilla, on the other hand, having 10-15 or even bigger benches is a necessity, people’s volatility is higher, and having multiple raids with alts is often unfeasible due to how time consuming and expensive raids are.

Than your memory is fundamentally flawed, especially compared to someone like Preach that has always played in the top 100 enviroment compared to me an you.

Also as I said multiple time people now are more interested in raids compared to 2007.
So the scenaru would be having multiple pushing/poaching people if we have smaller teams, while bigger raid sizes help us to avoid the creation of dead guild the same moment the GM and in the guild chart

I’d be absolutely fine with some changes in TBC, even stuff that didn’t originally exist in that version.

1. Balance changes. I wouldn’t object to nerfing some classes in PvE and buffing others, as long as it’s reasonable.

2. Dual spec. No objections whatsoever from me. Quite the opposite: I think that’s a great feature.

3. I’d be OK with an optional, heroic mode for raids, where 10 mans become 20 mans, and 25 mans become 40 mans, but ONLY as long as it’s not forced on everyone else. Make it optional, possibly unlockable, but don’t change the gear stats at all, just make more pieces drop to account for the extra 10-15 people. Don’t let people switch between 25/40 or 10/20 - only allow one raid save at a time. Possibly add new mechanics or alter existing ones, adjust some numbers, etc. I stress again, as long as nothing is forced, let the more hardcore ones play 20 and 40 mans. If there’s a market for it, sure, let people play that. I’d maybe even give it a shot myself.

Most likely won’t happen, but I’m just saying I wouldn’t be opposed to things like that.

Balance wise and difficoulty wise tbc it’s fine as it’s classic.

Lol it’s exactly the other way around - the bigger guilds are, the stronger the drive is to poaching and compete over invites. “Death spirals” were a thing in Vanilla, much more so than in TBC, WotLK or any further expansions,

You have absolutely no idea of what you’re talking about.

1 Like

And that is good becouse there is no need to have thousands of guild to feed everyone litle ego, there are already to many in classic as it now

It’s not about “feeding everyone’s little ego”. It’s about the fact that “more” isn’t always “better” and, beyond a certain size, it simply becomes harder to have normal social interactions - especially during raids etc.

1 Like

Majority of guild raids 6-9 h at week, if you need those hours to have social interactions in those when you have a whole week to chat, knew each other ec… than is not a guild but just a more organized pug.

Totally fine I don’t judge you but a solid guild is something else.

Sorry but I’d like to be able to speak normally during raids, not to have to stay silent because if 39 other ppl speak then it becomes a deafening cacophony.

You don’t like it? Too bad. It’s not going to change anyway. End of discussion (i.e. I’m not going to waste any more time on you than I already did).

1 Like

Still this does not exclude me to voice it.

If TBC will come, I can bet mine balls that you will give me right.

Im just trying to avoid the scenario that will 99.99% happear that people will complain that they can’t raid with their guild becouse there will be at least a rotation of 15< people in the bench which is terrible in a scenario when everyone is totally capable to play at skill requirement to beat every encounter TBC has to offer.

I’ve played this game for years on pservers - from 2012 to about when Classic was announced. Unlike you I know what I’m in for.

Again, don’t like it? Suck it up.

2 Likes

This are not pirate server, population there a 1/100 of what the TBC servers will have, especially TBC that always had poor scrippeted server from what I eard of.

As I said, you will tell me that I was right on TBC release.