No forced transfer to BC, please

I see you still can’t grasp the difference between a copy and a transfer.

A transfer means that players cannot have the same character on two different realms. When you transfer from one server to another, your character doesn’t exist on both realms. It’s added to the realm you’re transferring to and removed from the realm you’re transferring from.

“all servers go TBC, but with possibility to transfer your characters into Vanilla-forever server before release of TBC” would simply mean this - either your keep your character onto your current server and move it to TBC, or you transfer it to a Vanilla-forever server, but if you do it ofc ceases existing on your previous server.

I know the difference. Don’t try to insult me in a subtle way, you’re not good at it.

Then why do you keep saying stuff like “I don’t think they will allow people to have the same character on two different realms”, as if anything about the survey or the people you’re replying to hints to that at all? You’re basically debating between two proposals - one existing only in your mind (the one you yourself advanced) and one only advanced by some segments of the playerbase (the copy/snapshot one), while largely ignoring the ones actually presented to us by Blizzard.

If progress into TBC without choice happens, what would happen after that is that quite a lot of people will return back to private classic servers.

People wanted classic. We have classic. Sometimes games are good when they’re around unmodified. Like old Doom, Half-Life, Thief.

Like yours only exist in your mind. Come on show me where Blizzard have said what they are going to do, until they do, you guess is as good as mine.

You’re just one of those people who think they are right when you have no idea about what is going to happen. They could just upgrade everything to TBC and forget about classic realms.

Edit: After all, that’s what they did in the first place.

Blizzard gave us some of four proposals, with “none of the above” existing because it’s a survey and all surveys allow people to vote for “none of the above” because it’s standard practice.

Your guess isn’t as good as mine because the difference between the two guesses is that one has been explicitly offered to us in a Blizzard survey, while the other has never been proposed by anybody other than you.

But sure, keep thinking that your proposal is as likely as anybody else’s. I don’t even know why I’m wasting my time with somebody as thickheaded as you. Though hopefully now the person you’ve replied to you can see how silly you are.

And before you say “it’s just a survey”, so was the one about level squishing and level scaling. How did those ones go?

They did not say “We will do one of these, which do you want”.

They didn’t offer us those choices did they? They said which would you prefer. They did not say “We will do one of these, which do you want”.

Of course it’s just a survey, it’s in the damned name, can you get this into your stubborn head? They already knew the squish was going to happen, they wanted to know what we think, TBC is nothing like that.

You know, I used to think they will offer us some type of Classic realm when TBC comes out, now thanks to you I hope they don’t.

You are now ignored. Don’t bother replying to me as I won’t see it.

That’s unfortunate, I was hoping I’d get to point out to you how unlikely your proposal was to begin with once TBC is actually announced and you see it’s not what you predicted. I hope somebody will do so in my stead^^

I decided to read you post, my proposal is as valid as yours. Blizzards Survey suggestions are not the only options, Your Blinkers seem to be functioning properly. Look at the wording.

Yet every sane person would believe that the options actually put into the survey by Blizzard are at least more likely to happen than all the others, because if Blizzard put those in there it means they at least considered them as viable - whereas, for all we know, any other proposal (such as your own) could’ve been discarded months ago.

I just wonder if, when TBC comes and Blizzard will go with one of the four options presented in the survey, you’ll keep saying “We could’ve never possibly predicted in advance, there was no reason to assume those options Blizzard asked us to vote on were more likely than any other!”

1 Like

Unless there’s a fresh realm… you’ll find more than half will go to TBC xD.

This would likely be the solution… but I can see vanilla realms dying shortly after Naxx is out after all… there’s only a certain amount of things you can do once all the content is used up.

That’s one of the reasons I’m suggesting a brand new realm with no transfers. It will have a longer life.

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned but I’m 99% confident the following will happen.

-All live Classic servers upgrade to Burning Crusade
-A handful of new servers running Buring Crusade are added, without the option to transfer to. AKA the “Fresh” realms
-A Handful of Classic “forever” servers are added, players are given the option to copy their characters to these servers as long as they’ve not done any BC content. This may be automated

(I’m happy with all the above)

Then as always…

Forums blow up with “well blizzard screwed this up again”, as satisfying all wow players on official servers would require a miracle so great not even an omnipotent, omniscient Deity would be capable of said feat.

Classic forever Servers become Ghostlands after 3 months.

Another “better” private server is created as players will overlook glaring problems with a game client as long as it’s not run by blizzard.

Much later wow classic becomes a seasonal product resetting the whole server every 18 months.

Forums still rage

#CalledIt
PS - Don’t roll PvP, or do, whatever. but #calledit again.

I think we’ll get character transfers, not copies. But otherwise yeah I think this is a pretty reasonable prediction^^

I just Want FRESH

I’m sliding away from that for a handful of reasons.

I think it will be more work, from a backend
It’s not consistent with what happened from Vanilla to TBC
I think considerations to micro-communities will prevent it.

if i didn’t know better (which i don’t) i’d say some people in this thread wants people to have to choose between TBC and Classic.
like, openly and almost condescendingly dismissing the simple idea of a character copy from one to the other - automatically - so that you can play both, and keep that relic around for as long as you wish.
you’d be able to progress your character in TBC and still get your character to the maximum point of progression for classic.

like to me, this would be the best of both worlds, but it seems some people are deliberately set on wanting only the best of one, and then throwing the other into the garbage bin forever - which frankly is mindboggling and to a degree; retarded (in the literal definitive sense of the word)

i have a serious question for you guys holding that opinion: why do you want people to be forced to make this choice when the ockhams razor dictates that a copy (so that you don’t have to make this choice) is way more simple and causes the least amount of controversy in both communities of players?
im really curious about the logic behind this trend of thought.

its like someone asking you if you’d want to have your cake and eat it too, and you insist that only having it or eating it should be the option to everyone community-wide.

I honestly doubt transfers would be more work than copies. And if that is the case… then why didn’t the survey talk about copies instead of transfers?

To be fair, the only truly “consistent” approach in this sense would be to force all servers into TBC and make Vanilla Classic disappear completely. Ofc they won’t do that, but at that point every approach is somewhat both consistent and unconsistent with how it went in 2006, depending on what you’re looking at.

What micro-communities? Most ppl will leave Classic for good anyway. There’re no micro-communities to save, they’ll just do what’s simplest and less abusable. And the fact they spoke of transfers instead of copies is, itself, a pretty strong indicator.

It’s not that I want ppl to have to choose between TBC and Classic. It’s simply that I find it unlikely they’ll go with copies instead of transfers, and I personally have no reason to advocate for it, personally. If they have the capability to go for it and it actually required no significant effort or risk to take, then I’m sure they will allow copies. I just find it strange that it wasn’t the option they proposed us to begin with - though ofc we can’t rule out the possibility of it being another of Blizzard’s “we didn’t think about it!” moments.

well… considering that they pushed the 30-dungeon limit through, i wouldn’t be surprised if the copy-option was something they legitimately didn’t think about.
don’t forget; its suits and ties that control and make decisions at blizzard now… not gaming developers.