No forced transfer to BC, please

You know, reading this thread made me think they might go with copy to Legacy Classic servers simply because they already have a PTR copy system in place, and using that would simply require least amount to people involvement.
Furthermore completely ignoring the following outrage at blatent gold duping this will cause would be very much in line with current Blizzard behaiour :crazy_face:

Forced progression into tbc would be absolute madness.

If I can’t play classic I’m gonna simply unsub. I have no interest in playing only TBC (where I will be raid logging my hunter).

They will most likely transfer all the leftover classic characters, who didn’t transfer to classic to a one new classic pvp server. Then they will create another completely separate fresh wow classic server on the side, so people can also do a fresh start.

Tbc servers will most likely be the same servers as we have now with the same names etc.

I hope they don’t do that. I’m on an RP server and while I would accept having to go to a PvE server I wouldn’t be happy being forced to go on a PvP server. I’m also not sure it would happen like that as (as far as I know) transferring from PvE to PvP is still not allowed.

They won’t force PvE players onto a PvP servers. It’s much more likely they’ll keep them separate. But if one were ever to be forced into the other, the other way around would be more likely.

PvP players are majority.
Doubt they would want to spare any extra resources for dead RP, nor PvE servers.

But PvE are the “normal” servers, and they never allowed PvE players to be transferred onto PvP servers to begin with.

So, either there’ll be 1 PvP and 1 PvE server, or only 1 PvE server (which though I still find very unlikely to happen). But 1 PvP server with no PvE servers has 0 chances of happening.

Can’t agree enough, please don’t force TBC onto people. Keep the two of them seperate like Modern WoW and Classic are two seperate versions able to be switched between on the client, add TBC option there.

Current realms aren’t physical servers. They are just collection of instances running in a cloud infrastructure which means the resource usage is nearly equal to amount of players not to the amount of realms.

People playing on PvP realms doesn’t always PvP. Some if not lots of them joined a PvP realm because of population and to find a hardcore guild for quick progression.

And in TBC there may be a surge of popularity of PvE realms if Blizzard won’t do any faction balancing. Those that will still want to play Alliance by then will just go PvE.

TBC will be on the last patch, with time gates on gear, raids and arena season. Exactly like classic.

Funny how every tcb thread derails into a discussion of what should be changed to “make it work”.

Maybe TBC was not so good after all uh?

We aren’t playing vanilla or original TBC, just a restoration project in 2020. This never supposed to be like “back then” or to be the “ultimate” version of WoW.

I think what will happen is that Blizzard evolves every Classic server into a TBC Server with option to transfer in to a New Classic realms and does not make fresh realms at all

That’s the same as it was before Classic launch, and it’s normal as long as we don’t yet know how it will be implemented.

Even in its 2.4.3 state, TBC is leagues better than Classic. Sure, the T4/T5 content would be a bit more underwhelming, but T6 and SWP would be still in their prime for the most part.

force them, force them all :alien:

So you are actually admitting there that when Blizzard listens current forum users cry that they want “resetting whole servers every 18 months” there will be a flood of people raging over that change? No wonder nobody wants to play with people like you, that are already crying here for the game breaking change called resetting servers as they will make “servers live longer” damn selfish people crying for changes and when the changes happens the people not using the forums comes here to yell what the damn blizzard made? But behind of this was just handful of toxic cry babies already here crying and telling what they think is best for blizzard, It is a shame people like this are smart enough that they know what if they want affect blizzard the one and only place is here, in forums and here is where are the cry babies are.

Your resetting servers are not a solution of anything, You say it will make realms age longer but in reality you have no other proof of that than some player base of private servers, That is nothing to prove anything.

If we get those resetting servers in a Classic most likely we will get them sometime to TBC too and nice, again the game is ruined for me, all i have gathered and done gone in a blink of an eye, but hey, its not ruined for you, now you have retail and classic and tbc just your liking, Destroy and conquer much? Crap about the others, Get the damn lost from these forums and stop crying here demanding changes! Let people discuss here about real things not how to change the game.

Ok firstly calm down captain. I’ve read before that English isn’t your 1st Language, and that’s also clear from your post so i’ll cut you some slack.

The answer to your question is. No, that’s in no way what i said.

The key here is “Much later”. If you missed it. There’s a number of people (and there’s no reason to think they will ever go away) That will want a Fresh start every X amount of months. The implication is this is separate from the rest of the post.

This is purposely separated from the remark about forums blowing up, which can be seen when taken in context will be a reaction to how TBC is released and I even go on to hyperbolic levels about how there is no way of avoiding this no matter what blizzard will do.

I have to say if Blizzard did reset the realms I would be out of classic and probably the whole game.

1 Like

I highly doubt they won’t give people any means to copy instead of transfer, even as an opt-in/opt-out or in some other way. That would be PR suicide.

Maybe, but I can understand Blizzard making new Classic realms when TBC comes out where people start at level 1 again, with a possible option to copy or transfer as a one time thing.

I would like Blizz to allow continuing on your Classic char in TBC, but still have a copy on the Classic server. Pretty sure everyone agrees, as it’s the most common sense approach. I’d be absolutely OK with them adding a bunch of fresh start servers both to TBC and Classic, as I’m sure there would be a market for fresh starts.

Of course you’re never gonna please everyone, but as long as the options are there, and nothing is forced, then you objectively piss off the fewest players.