No french CM - so we will ask here for french RP-Server

Sorry to disturb here, but we have no answer about our RP Fr server petition on the french forum. It seems our french CMs serve only as translators, nothing more alas.

@EnglishBlueGuys : Could you please give us some lights regarding the creation of localised RP servers? Thanks for your time!

54 Likes

You’re not getting a french RP server, it would be completely empty 2 months after the launch, most people chose a server already.

Speaking as a Frenchman here, what’s up with this tendency to only speak in our native language? It’s not like we can’t speak English (or at least some of it), so maybe we should stop spreading this old clichĂ© based on the “Me French, me speak French and that’s it Duuuurh” meme already, wouldn’t you agree?

Just roll on zandalar tribe, they have a great community, it doesn’t really get any better than that, as far as RP goes.

12 Likes

Bro, i’m French, and what I can say about your petition is : it’s to late and it will never happen. Nobody care about RP in France anymore and even if you have a small player base, it’s not worth to do because of lack of population. See the 25 like on your original post, that proove nobody care except a very small fraction of the French player base.

1 Like

Wrong, sorry but you seems not well aware of the overcrowded french servers situation.

Because of the langage barrer. It’s far more difficult to communicate ‘role-playingly’, or ‘immersively’ - it demands far more skills, than just communicate in english on an eurpoean server.

True. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, I didn’t think about that. It’s true that you’ll need to use a different type of vocabulary in this context, so I get what you mean.

I still don’t see it happen, but well.

You really think forum posters number are representative of players population? :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Tomorrow:

NO ITALIAN CM - SO WE WILL ASK HERE FOR ITALIAN RP-SERVER

1 Like

How would Arathi Basin work on a French RP realm? Each team trying to let the opposing team take their control points and vice versa? no one would get any resources.

9 Likes

I Wonder how every other european does that doesnt have english as their native languaheđŸ€” scandinavia for exampleđŸ€”

I think it’s not comparable.

Scandinavian people are fluent in english (due to better/younger language teaching I suppose?), plus in term of numbers it’s not the same scale.

As I said above, language barrer is critical for RP, it’s why it’s important to have localised servers for RP.

4 Likes

Germany doesn’t have a German speaking CM anymore but it looks like we get a RP-PvE server now.

But waiting for official blue post.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information, if confirmed it’s a great news!

Hopefully, they will open a RP-PvE server on french side too (our only PvE server is over-saturated currently). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everybody,

As a player of the German Roleplaying Community, I send you my solidarity and hope you get your server. Even though they separate us from each other, we are spiritually a community. Give the French and everyone else their RP Sever!

9 Likes

I do not know how many French RP-players exist, but I hope you will have the chance to enyoj to play on FR-RP-PvE Server as well.

#Solidarity with french-RP-Community

3 Likes

Good luck with your petition :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because we in the DACHL region got an Realm offline in the List I pray to god, that you will get one RP Server too.

3 Likes

i play on a french server too to recreate the old vanilla feeling since i played on a french server at the time. I was on a rp server by mistake at the time, le conseil des ombres, and even then there was no rp on the server and rp players were mocked so don’t see the point sorry. And the french servers are well packed at the moment just like they should be no need to add another.

Do you have the feeling the servers are “full”? As Lakeshire feels really full
 to much players at each span camp. To gather the “singing crystal” (https://classicdb.ch/?item=3917) yesterday: there are 10 other players
 waiting for the goblins
 everybody tries to tackle them fast.

Same with bloodpirates
 you have to kill 10. But fight for finding them more than fighting them

1 Like

Auberdine, our only PvE server, seems to be like that too. I have read reports from players of situation similars to the one you describe, where there is a “race to tag” on many many quest spot.

It induces toxic behaviors of course and contributes to create a bad community.

2 Likes

3 out of the 4 servers are still layered so they are full, yes. And if there is too much players around you for one quest, you ask nicely to group, and the quest will be done even quicker then if you had done it on your own.

1 Like