No german CM - so we will ask here for german RP-Server

The difference between “all languages in europe” and “german” is the amount of players. We have 8 servers with 2-3 layers. Census says, 1 layer equals 5000 players. These servers have daily queues of 1000+ players. That’s at least a very conservative 80.000 active players every day.

If we take retail servers as guideline, the need for RP-servers is about 10-15%. These numbers also say germany has a higher need for RP-servers than the rest of europe. If you would have followed the several, smartly torn apart threads in the german forum regarding the lack of RP-servers, you would know that there is a rather high amount of players who don’t play at all because of it.

There is just no valid argument against DE-RP-Servers and all the whiteknighting in the world will not change that

7 Likes

It’s not a matter if we want or need to improve our english skills.
It’s about whether we WANT to use english in our free time.

Some of us don’t, because they almost never have to use it - not everyone needs to use english at work, because they do not work at tourism or international corporations.

Not everyone wants to have huge and crowded rp servers.
I assume, the pve realm could easily be filled with a medium population - there are a lot of non rp players, who like the more friendly roleplaying environment, too. That’s the reason, why we have had support from non rp players already before the Classic launch.

4 Likes

Authentic means “exactly as it was in the past”.

• Were there German-language role-play servers in the past? Yes!
  • Are there German-language role-play servers today? No!
  • IIs Classic authentic for us without a German role-playing server? No!
  • Have we been promised authentic Classic? Yes!

So was the promise a lie? Yes, that’s how it feels for us!

We have the right to play Classic as authentically as English-speaking players, because we pay just as much money for it!
Or do you think that you and your kind are something better? More equal than others? Like in “Animal Farm”? All are equal but some are more equal?

3 Likes

Yeah, if Ion doesn’t recreate my Classic experience, then he’s lying.

I can relate but there is still one rp server for like 30+ languages. You can’t make 30 servers, you have to stop at one point. Blizz stopped at one server because that is still not overpopulated.

1 Like

@All: I am not a CM, but I have touched upon this general topic before. Roleplayers are a minority, even on roleplaying realms (both Classic and BfA ones). It was very close that there would not even be a RP-PvP realm at all. To put it quite simply, there are not enough roleplayers to support multiple RP realms.

German speaking player base is of significant size (my last calculation put it somewhere close to 230 000 on BfA side, which meant more than 25% of my EU size calculation). However, out of that number only a small portion play on Die Aldor and the other German RP realms are probably best described as tiny in comparison to it. Argent Dawn is significantly larger than Die Aldor and despite that fact, Hydraxian Waterlords struggles to maintain “Medium” status… and Zandalar Tribe, while a nice realm, does not have much apparent RP left.

Classic, by my best estimate currently has less than 56 000 remaining players on the German realms total at prime time peak and judging by Blizzard decisions and already published blue posts, the number is still decreasing… :frowning: Roleplayers do not form 15% of the total player base on BfA side (in fact, the probable number is under 3%) and even at 15%… 56 000… equals perhaps 8 400 + a few who are not playing… and to maintain a realm at reasonable activlty level… takes about 16 000. Theorhetically, Blizzard probably could launch a single German RP realm, BUT it would likely max out at “Medium” or even “Medium”-“Low” depending on time of day.

I am not saying it can not happen, but I find it highly improbable, to be 100% honest. Sorry! :confused:

2 Likes

The biggest error in the calculations of these people who are fighting for RP realms is that they count in all non-RPers who want to play on RP-realms anyway.
Sure, maybe a german RP-realm could also get Medium status, but just because of people who want to avoid queues or want to join a quiet, very small realm.

“Die Aldor” is currently the biggest german RP realm, but even there I’ve discovered a lack of consistent Open-RP in the cities for a few months now, Horde’s Open-RP is almost gone. It’s getting less and less and every other german RP-realm is dead. Except for two, which have a veeeeery small playerbase.
And then one has to consider that just a small minority of this RP playerbase even wants to do RP in Classic. Most of the people I know just stay on Retail.

1 Like

I feel taking retail numbers for classic isn’t gonna do much good. It’s the only numbers Blizzard has at the moment (Edit: In regards to German Roleplayers, that is), so of course they’re gonna use them, but the people currently playing retail are not the target demographic for classic. Said target demographic are the people who aren’t playing on retail anymore. People like me, for example, who hasn’t really played retail for years now, but came back to play classic (and went to Hydraxian Waterlords, because there was no German RP Server available and my english happens to be good enough for me to feel comfortable Roleplaying in that language).

Die Aldor is fairly low population now. That wasn’t always the case. Personally I feel that a RP Server at launch would’ve had a good chance of drawing in a decent amount of people (Be it roleplayers or players who just wanna enjoy ‘the atmosphere’). Since there wasn’t one at launch, though… the majority of the people who’d be interested in such a server, in all likelihood, left already.

And another edit, because I can:

I feel the main reason for why there isn’t a German RP Server at the moment is not the often cited lack of interest or players, it’s that Blizzard completely botched their planning in regards to the launch. Their data was deeply flawed, as evidenced by them not even wanting to launch a single German server in the beginning, which only changed after there was a huge community outcry. And even then they only went with two servers total for the entire German realmpool, then hastily added two more when launch was approaching. At the moment we have nine, with only one low enough in population to allow for layering to be disabled.

Clearly something went wrong in the planning phase there, and the RP community is suffering from it. Had Blizzard, from the beginning, expected the kinda numbers the German community evidently has, we likely would’ve gotten an RP Server at launch.

5 Likes

I totally agree but I don’t think we have that risk in Classic. It’s a bigger risk to split the community and end up with dead servers that can’t be merged because of language barrier.

Hydraxian Waterlords isn’t crowded, it’s medium at most and a very friendly server. I sincerely hope you German rpers will come here and give us a try. I’ve seen there are German speaking guilds established and from many other countries as well.

2 Likes

In case of doubt it’s a good idea to take what’s there and go from there, no matter whether it’s perceivedly or actually fair or not. A german RP server isn’t in sight so the best bet for people who want to play and rp in german as well as for people that want to do it in other languages than english or german, is to go to the english language RP server(s) and do RP in german there. If enough people that want to rp in german do that, there’ll be a big enough sub community to do so, that can exist aside of the english language rp, and ideally people that are still open to rp in english from time to time can do that as well. Not to mention the rp community not being split apart on multiple rp servers then. The client can be set to german language version also, which only leaves the drawback of the public channels being in english (which they aren’t always, as there’s at least spanish, polish and dutch minorities that communicate in their native language).

Mind, that’s just my opinion and I’m not claiming it to be the best solution, but the most effective one considering the circumstances.

And? Those people are at least speak the same language and do not want to disturb RP.

2 Likes

Medium Population is still more then full Servers at Classic time.

4 Likes

As i said, making German RP servers doesnt make classic authentic.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I think too. I think they underestimated the number of people willing to play Classic in general. The plans didn’t say german servers and spanish servers and so on. What happened? German community made an outcry and we got 2 servers. Both of them full, so 2 additional servers and so on.
Spanish people wanted a spanish server and they got one now.
So who of you has this crystal ball that shows the number of RP players? Noone has.
In fact, all of our PVE realms are full and have layering. And in all the time we haven’t got a new PVE server for transfer. What the heck?
I am pretty sure, that a RP server would be filled minimum medium, because lots of RP players wants to play there and additional people who don’t like to play with players like “dumbass” “freaky” “barndoor” and so on.
There is no risk for Blizzard to give us a single server.

3 Likes

The german playerbase is strongest in WoW-EU. Many people forget that english servers arent equal to english players.
Poor scandinavians and others have to play there cause of the lack of other options.

Think about it when you complain about the just medium sized english RP server.
Maybe these non-brits also avoid playing there because their language skills are enough for raiding/dungeons/pvp but not for roleplay.

PS:
To the guy who asked wether the EU teached us nothing.

I think the current EU situation is telling me that we should get rid of English being parlements-language after brexit.
Some native speaking irish people are too few to hold demands on it. :wink:

5 Likes

Like, I’d like for u to have RP servers, but your post comes across as a bit arrogant. What makes you any more special than other Europeans? While Germans don’t have to use English usually, English can perfectly be self taught and I reckon most peoples in Europe learn English best thru gaming/being on the internet. Not working at a multinational corporation seems like an odd excuse not to know the language Europeans use to communicate online

Blizz doesn’t know the demand… as they simple do not ask.
Blizz even wont give us national languish Server at all, and now there are 6 full (with layering) and 1 withour layering only for DE.

I’d like to play on a 1500k Server (as in former times).

You doubt sth., I will redoubt it. So 2 opinions… who si right? We will see, if there are DE-RP-Servers.

They set up DE-RP-Server in 2005… so why coundn’t they give us OUR classic feeling back?

Chinease ist the most spoken languish by motherspeaker… its time that you native english speaking face the truth… welcome on chinease server with mandarin support. I’m sure the support is cheaper if Acti-Blizz will outsource it.

You found ironic parts? Well done Quest compleate.

Thats the point.

I really think Acti-Blizts has no clue, what the reason was for the success of classic wow… so they are able to further develop the game… but if you do not have any idear, why the gamer like the game, you will probably run into the wrong way…

That would not be so strange, nevetheless if you hear sth. like “You dont have phones?” or “You belive you want, but you don’t.” and so on…

That makes me shouting: “You do not know your customers” moreover: “You do not even try to know them.” and thats even more dramatically.

Medium means: full in former times (2005). I never feel alone earlyer™…

Well at first: Thanks for the open minded welcome. But: No thanks. The classic-remembrance in my mind makes me “Wanna play WoW CLassic”, that means:

DE-RP-Server.

Why? I do not want to test my medium school English to be not good enough for rp.
It is my time to relax and chat and use word-jokes, which I could not or only reduced in other languages.
There are multiple other RP games with much better grafic and RP elements (commands), like TESO. But the reason why I do not play RP on TESO is:

The content does not fix me up, and the RP is not possible in “open world”… in former times ™ (played on Kult der Verdammten), it was always practical to talk to other players in /s ingame-speach. And you will receive an adequate answer (sometimes it wasn’t a role player, just leaching the atmosphere there, but mostly people reply)…
That is the feeling I want to have. In my mother-language.

But the phobic of ghost-servers (as it is no reason to be phobic for) is bigger, than original feeling. The layering for example makes the economy not classic like. It feels like mega server. Boring! Annoying. Same with TESO: Server runnign fluid, there is some kind of layering or sharding active, there is ONE realm, but it doesn’t feel like a small world. If you assist someone in fight at day 1 you will never see him back in the further days…

it is anonymouse and not like I wanna play.

So Blizz:

please give us German-Roleplay-Server!

2 Likes

True.

Not for you, but for me/ for us…

Acti-Blizz does underestimate the success of classic at all, moreover it seams like the want do undermine the success at all cost! Give them classic, but with less servers, therfore long cues (up to 2 hours and more), slow support on release day (I mean: You could estimate, that there could be a little chance of more players: so open up quickly new server!).

But open up new server quickly is also a failure: There is no chance of come together for RP-player on one server… most RP doesn’t look into the forum… so they do not notice, then they pla on the server they start (some), play on server with no cues (some) play on third server (some)… so the german RP are splittet over all 7 German servers (even more, as some playing on EN-Server)…

And all that was predictable.

4 Likes

Let’s talk about mother-speaking (distribution world wide):

1. Chinese: 982 Million
  2. Hindi: 460 Million
  3. English: 375 Million
  4. German: 105 Million

German mother language is “only” 25 % of the english, but do not forget them! (I skip the other languages, like hidi, spanish, and so on).

But do not let us look on the mother langage, as EN is only on the third place, which is really annoying (I guess), lets look on: Spoken:

1. Eng: 1500 Mill. (Grats!)
  2. Chi: 1100 Mill.
  3. Ger: 185 Mill… (at least 10% of the english speaking).

Nevertheless this discussion should not state that some language is more important than others, and is never intended to.

If there is a demand for national-language-server, like Spanish (we germans (at least me) support your own Spanish servers).

And we want to make you (moreover Acti-Bliz) notice: There is maybe a small, but there is a group of Rolplayers who want a German-RP-Server.

At least Blizz underestimate the number of players (at all nations, all languages).
Then: Blizz underestimate the number of german players, who demand german Servers (origin we EU people should all play on EU (=english) Server, but we could avoid it)*
Now maybe they underestimate the amount of German RP players.**

*not that I or some other do not like the European Idea or want to seperate from the other. We simply want to play in our own language, as langauage / written form is the main transport way for MMORP-Games (hint: there is RP in the name!)…
** some of us already quit, because of not having Ger-RP-Servers / some do not even start playing (paying), because of that…

2 Likes

As french, I fully support these german initiative on creation of localised RP servers!

The silence from blizzard is deafening.

@Alarna and german RP/Immersive players : you have my full support! :slight_smile:

8 Likes