#nochanges? that's a joke now

Blizzard doesn’t give a fck if something doesn’t gain massive negative attention, reporting in game most likely does absolutely nothing.
Putting this on this thread also:
DISCOMBOBULATOR RAY IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY IT DOESN’T DISMOUNT PEOPLE
WORLD ENLARGER AND NOGGENFOGGER SMALL EFFECT IS SUPPOSED TO STACK

I reported these through a bug report AND a ticket where I was told to go on the US.FORUMS and post there.

Well they didn’t do any beta testing above 40 aside from AV so I’m not surprised.

I realise it can feel like you’re throwing a report down a bottomless pit but it goes to the right people. Not everything a person thinks is a bug, is a bug either and not everything can be fixed instantly with a wave of a magic wand.

I’m not sure why you think it’s better in a forum format when they rarely get responses like on the US forum.

this quest dont work for me ( read the book , drop key, just cant use outhouse) i opened ticket and gm say. Translator from polish "Thanks for contacting us.

I’m afraid we can’t help when it comes to problems with tasks in Classic, because players should do everything themselves.

However, I can assure you that everything works correctly in this task, only to use the key you must have this task first.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us again.

Best regards and have a nice day!"

A GM can’t help you with bugs.

I think people are impatient with bug reports. I know it feels empty reporting and not hearing back and then fixes take a long time. However I remember back in WotLK I had a bug which affected only some of the playerbase and it wasn’t something they could fix until near the end of expansion. Other things are easy to resolve and they can do them fast.

but GM IS SAYING QUEST IS WORKING AND NO ITS NOT WORKING FOR ME AND MANY MANY PEOPLE AND THIS BUGGED QUEST WAS REPORTED 6 DAYS AGO IN US FORUM

A GM can’t help you with bugs. They aren’t a Dev.

I know it’s frustrating but you report and wait, they will soon get lots of bug reports if an issue is affecting many players.

so why they lying about this quest isnt bugged?

People reporting this bugged quest for 6 DAYS ! And blizzard is just saying quest is working :smiley: Already reported atleast 6 days ago

Yes and you will have to wait for the Devs to be able to fix this. I know it’s frustrating but a GM can’t do anything for you.

Hopefully plenty of people will report the bug, they’ll have lots of data to work from then. Encourage people to fill in the bug reports, the more the better.

However GM can help you to get around bugs. There are situations (examples from modern, but date back to any expansion) where I cannot get or complete quest and GMs complete them for me. For example there are zone in Icecrown I cannot get phases work, in cataclysm i had literally Gms play my characters in Hyjal (to this day, when I’d make an alt, i cannot quest in hyjal after 1st quests and its issue within account, other my accounts are fine). In TBC GMs re-made (copied) one of my characters due character based bug they couldn’t fix, and so on - in BfA I had GM complete quest stages for me because after few days she just couldnt get phases work - it was ok in her window, but soon as I played my character it didn’t work, and with my agreement she completed the stage, and sent me to next NPC in chain.

But I feel that for GMs to assist you with quests and by pass in-game bugs, you must be a bit patient, very detailed and in my case I think my account is probably flagged to have phasing bugs ever since TBC.

3 Likes

Why don’t you guys say in the report, that you have read the diary, killed the wandering skeleton for the key, but can go no further, as the key doesn’t work and Farmer Dalson doesn’t appear.

Blizzard are clearly thinking that you haven’t read the diary and are not on the correct part of the chain. You cannot open the outhouse without first reading Mrs Dalson’s diary, so that’s the advice you’re getting.

I think this is the main problem. The reports aren’t detailed enough, so the GMs think people have missed a step, which many do for some quests. This is one of them.

Yes indeed, some things they can force to work yes. But with this key issue I don’t think it’s anything they can do. From their end it’s working and they can’t get you around the issue. It requires Dev intervention.

I have had some amazing GMs help me with stuff. I faction changed to Alliance for WoD and then back again towards the end and none of the Argent Tournament people would talk to me. I have also had a GM helped with a phase that wouldn’t shift. It took him a long time using my account to get it all working again.

Another time the only solution to one quest in Icecrown was to petition a GM and get him to do some magic.

An achievement recently wasn’t recording properly for Mechagon, people could petition a GM and they could nudge it to work and record you’d done it. But they had to check your account actually had done the necessary. Again it’s not always possible for them to nudge achievements, sometimes it’s just a case of waiting for whatever it is, to come back on rotation.

I say this in ticket to the gm and he reply me quest is working but its no working, what is hard here to understand ?

The link just said the key isn’t working, nowhere was the diary mentioned and the video that was linked didn’t have the diary step either.

Cus you cant drop key if you dont read diary

I have never asked help with quests I can skip either. I try always to contact GM for a reason and if you do a quest chain you need (i.e. hyjal is very linear zone, or in Bfas case you needed to do story quests to unlock flying, or other expansion features)

And I do go as detailed as re-do quest (abandon, take again) as its basic step in wow - abandon, retry, and then timestamp and include the time on server time so they can quickly look where I was, what i did and then respond back to me and skip asking so called ‘stupid, obvious’ questions.

I have absolutely no complains about GM assistance in-game. I have many stories about them and none of them are bad.

But if quest is broken for all, it’s not what Gms can fix I then. It has to be fixed by devs 1st.

1 Like

I think it’s been bugged where it would, but you can’t use it then.

ETA the video confuses matters for me. The steps are working. They get the key, use it on the outhouse, Farmer Dalson appears, they kill him and loot the cabinet key. So it’s a video showing it working in classic, which is why I’m confused to heck.

Go back to retail please

1 Like