Non-Binary and Transgender Representation/Support in Classic WoW

Hello everyone,

As some of you may be aware, Blizzard has announced that you will be able to change gender in Retail WoW for free from the start of Shadowlands in the ‘Barber Shop’ as opposed to currently having to pay $10+ for the service.

This is a great move by Blizzard, and I fully support it, thank you!

However, a lot of non-binary and trans people play Classic WoW too, is there no way Blizzard can extend this free service to Classic WoW? Maybe even without implementing a ‘Barber Shop’ possibly just simply making it a free service in the store (the same place you currently purchase a server change).

The game has already had significant changes made to it compared to the original version so the ‘no changes’ argument has gone.

This change would have zero impact on anyone but the owner of the character.

I think it would be a great oppurtunity for Blizzard to show further solidarity with Trans and Non-binary people.

What does this have to do with anything?

Its a fantasy game, your character is a part of the world created by Blizzard, not a avatar of you. Hence people play genders and classes irrelevant of who they are “IRL”.

42 Likes

That escalated quickly ha ha, don’t do this to yourself :wink:

5 Likes

Woaw you are a sad pos

3 Likes

#NoChanges.

Also, keep politics out of the game! The world is already a sad place, I don’t want to see its misery here. I don’t want to hear about climatism, wokism, transgenderism in computer games… ESPECIALLY in World of Warcraft!

43 Likes

Agreed nobody cares let a game be a game no agendas

17 Likes

Yah… and they already ruined Retail. I read “Shadows rising” a few days ago, the book that bridges BFA with Shadowlands. There is not just one, but THREE LGBT relationships there. And they feel so forced, that they are ruining an otherwise great storyline. All being done to advance a political agenda…

15 Likes

I’m a spacegoat IRL, I’ll have you know.

9 Likes

Wow, what an incredibly hateful response most of you have given

1 Like

You started it. You are literally dragging real world politics into a fantasy mmo because you are self centered.

35 Likes

What a horrible way to see the World, I hope one day you’ll see how narrow minded you’re being.

For some people the game can be a reflection of who they are in real life, and that’s fine, it has no effect on you and only serves to make them happier, to deny them that because it’s ‘a fantasy mmo’ or whatever is incredibly self centred, maybe it’s time to think of others?

I don’t see what the problem is. If you’re a man but feel like a girl, you can roll a female char on a RP server and go to Goldshire. And that would be better instead of enforcing unwanted changes on a great game played by mostly game-wise conservative players who want the game as-is.

12 Likes

I don’t give a toss about my corpse human having a sex change. I dont.

I dont care if it’s in the game either. But i do care about dragging politics into a fantasy mmo.

I would also like to see them fix servers before addressing your wants.

14 Likes

No one is forcing anyone to do anything, it’s the opposite, it’s adding more choice for representation, the game has already been changed in significant ways to differ from the original game, this is hardly going to be the step too far considering it has literally no effect on anyone but the player who changes their gender

Can we get black undead models too? What about females with beards in barber shop? Can we get disabled characters please. I want a blind pet…dude…get lost.

26 Likes

You don’t, but others might, that’s why I said you’re being self-centred and narrow minded, it isn’t political to be transgender anymore than its political to be Gay.

Just allow people to be represented in the game how they want, if they want and you can just ignore it, like you said it doesn’t effect you in any way

why are trans activists always so entitled.

23 Likes

Yes. The game has changed - the retail one. And most of the changes haven’t turned out to be good, and I’m not talking about the latest LGBT additions. If they want to experiment with the game while we wait for them to make the game finally great again, then OK - retail is for that.

But there’s no compelling need to change a game (CLASIC) when 99.99% of the playerbase has agreed it should stay as-is. Plus, you didn’t answer my question. You can still play a girl toon if you’re a man. What more do you want?

Actually this change would have a lot larger impact than you think. I guarantee you every undead female mage will swap to male when doing Maraudon, or ZG 1 pulls. For many races females have smaller models allowing them to fit through certain gaps, and use certain safe spots males can’t while the males tend to be able to jump higher and further. This makes certain pulls much easier.

Immature language aside. It’s a real shame you feel the need to be so hateful towards people who are different from yourself, one day I hope you find the capacity for empathy towards marginalized people, I think you’d be much happier this way.

1 Like