Non-RPers are critical to the health of the server

An RP realm can no more benefit from OOCers than a man can give birth to a child. And we’re not counting Arnie in Junior.

Were the positions reversed and we were trying to posit that RPers were critical to the health of normal realms, we would rightfully be told to seek out an RP realm. Normal realms aren’t the place for RPers. So why should we entertain OOCers? The health of the AH? Please; RPers still do content, craft gear, find drops out in the world, only RP is their primary engagement with the game.

I would rather play on this “ghost town server” the OP suggests, than the current situation. Hell, it might even attract the last pockets of RPers from the other RP realms who were in part exsanguinated of their RP and community by OOCers. Argent Dawn could be a haven for them - a brilliant lighthouse on the coast of thrashing waves.

Go someplace else and stop acting like OOCers are the life preserver being tossed to a drowning person. We’d be quite fine without you. Cut off the gangrenous limb.

4 Likes

You can say anything you like, that doesn’t mean people buy it especially while you’re advocating for AD to follow the path of the other ex-RP servers.

2 Likes

It is an RP server. It is meant for RP. We all play the game to some extent, this is a non-point.

Why encourage OOCers to join the only remaining RP server out of ~50 non-RP ones? “Because they might start RPing!!!” - they might also grief RPers. Come to AD if you wish to RP - otherwise, pick literally any other server.

I had 0 RP history before joining AD. I joined AD because I was interested to give RP a shot. Before that, I was a PvEer - at that point I played on a PvE server. Crazy, isn’t it? :crazy_face:

You are wrong. Non-RPers are harmful to an RP server. AD is the only remaining one - the others have died out due to OOCers taking over.

7 Likes

Pretty much yeah.

What are you, some kind of normal person?

Can it truly be done? But I thought (read: told by OOCers with no intention to RP) that you need to stalk RPers before you know it (role-play) is for you. And at which point they’ve decided that they don’t like to RP, they’ve invested too much into this server and have become just another OOCer that thinks it’s funny to have an ERP trp.

4 Likes

I’m an OOCer, but I have a TRP with some stuff, and none of it is ERP stuff.

I don’t understand the fun in an ERP profile, it just screams immaturity, and I could probably have it for 5 min because I thought it was fun, then It’d be gone because I would get bored completely.

:point_right: :airplane:

4 Likes

Make me. ^^

Also, I have some interest in actually roleplaying. It’s just that I’m over thinking Everything and haven’t fully decided on what to do.

Just make a rlly standard character and go interact with random people. You’ll find a niche sooner or later.

6 Likes

Literally best thing to do is just RP. Overthinking character concept is basically development hell and they can be extremely frustrating as most people aren’t interested in essays of your character backstory and are more interested in making new stories together

5 Likes

This, tbh. The real bigbrain moment is when you realise all the best character development is the stuff that connects you with other people and is gotten through interaction.

(Only took me about 3 years to figure that one out.)

2 Likes

Ugh, I cant imagine even Writing an essay when I’d need to make one, so don’t Think anyone have to worry about that with me. I don’t spend more Words than I need.

Only thing I like to add is where I hail from (Like, Kharanos/Thelsamar if I make a dwarf, and some basic stuff that suits the class), but not overly so.

Like the above I just dive into it, all I prep for my character is like a few flash words like with Ercia here when I made her; young, naive, enthusiastic, illusionist and alchemist. I then further develop their backstory and new stories just through interaction. I find it fun to improvise when another character asks IC for bits of your background.

1 Like

This comment is on that blog’s reblog of another tumblr that has just days ago posted an ADer’s photograph and used that as a means to mock and belittle their appearance.

I guess that poor girl was also another non-innocent victim?

I am sorry to bring this up again hours later but I am genuinely incensed about this undiluted scumbaggery.

I hope this is a case of mistaken identity and, perhaps, that comment did not come from Vaxir so soon after their ‘apologies’…

7 Likes

True and then stick around these areas which stops the RP community from going there. Think of it as if people could stop you from doing a certain raid/dungeon because of the amount of people just hanging around?

1 Like

Sadly, judging by the art on that tumblr, the announcement of being Vaxir on that tumblr, the fetishization of blood on that tumblr… it is 100% Doxir

7 Likes

It’s pretty annoying that you’ve take different routes around certain areas, unless you want to attract the attention of OOCers to come follow you on giant mounts, spam toys or whatever. Shouldn’t really need to work around them.

1 Like

When i used to raid i was on a PvE server, now i want to RP i am on a RP server simple. Why can’t people understand this?

4 Likes

I don’t really understand how you guys are so laissez faire about this, while also establishing this ceaseless front against Vaxir for doxxing.

Posting sexual content on a forum for minors is definitely up there on par with, if not worse than doxxing.

1 Like

Back when I still raided mythic but RP started to interest me, I just made the RP character here and kept raiding on my old realm, switching between them depending on the sort of activities I do. Why’s that so difficult to do for the others interested in both things? I get the argument of unrestricted RP-PvP… but that’s hardly worth losing our realm. You can gear more than fine in heroic+early mythic bosses that are more often than not puggable.

4 Likes