Non-RPers are critical to the health of the server

A few days ago an OOCer sat by while me and my partner RP’d, then decided to say in the emote channel “cringe RP” and /spit on my character as we walked on.

Just someone watching. Just observing and enjoying the atmosphere we bring.

14 Likes

Yeah sadly the more of them around the more often this will happen – I remember this from DB, it was a daily occurrence

3 Likes

Had an OOCer just staring at us before saying “sad” while in the Valley of Honor.

OOCERS… SO… CRITICAL… FOR… HEALTH!

2 Likes

Sadly not uncommon. When I’m in a major hub, like Stormwind, I find that there will generally be at least one OOCer who flies past and deems it necessary to offer their not-so-constructive input/tries to grief in some other way.

6 Likes

Players who roll on a RP server should be interested in trying RP, that’s why we have a distinction between Normal realms and RP realms. RP realms have rules in order to facilitate their main purpose, Roleplay.

If a player has friends on Argent Dawn and he is interested in joining them then he should be interested in RP.
If his friend joined the server “because it was cozy”, “because leaderboard”, then they choose the wrong realm.

I’m incapable to see why a OOC Mythic guild would choose Argent Dawn. There’s no advantage in rolling on a RP realm, prices are higher, pool is smaller, so many disadvantages come to my mind.
Well… to be completely honest, one of the reasons I can think of is: Being on leaderboards (acquiring realm first) and to an extent, controlling boosts market.

4 Likes

RP servers truly need more giant growth clefthoof mounts sitting on the RPers.

non-RPers are C R I T I C A L to the health of the server.

5 Likes

I’m Jorgen and I have an OOC addiction.

Please send help

Also throughout AD’s history, we’ve had several “big” name raiding guilds. So far to date, all of them have been some of the most unpleasant people I’ve seen in the entire game & especially vicious towards roleplayers.

Epoch is a prime example for this.

1 Like

Some will no doubt dismiss this all as minor issues of griefing. Which they are when individualised.
But the more it goes on, the more it builds and the more RPers are shuffled from their own spaces.

Like yeah. Small things like that is how it started to commit The Sha’tar to its death by a thousand cuts.

2 Likes

Had something similar in SMC.
Sat with some other vulpera chatting IC, some random OOCer pitches up, watches us for ages saying nothing. We went quiet for a minute, said OOCer then takes it upon themselves to spam spit and jump around on us.

Ahhh these big raiding guilds however love one dark and shunned side of RP . . .

ERP and OOC goes hand in hand

7 Likes

i run up to your character while you rping and stand infront of you

i then circle around you and and maybe back up, jump a few times, use a few abilities

i do this for ten minutes while i observe you, type “lol” in the chat and then jump on my mount and fly away

wdyd ad?

2 Likes

Seriously, if we didnt have those guild on AD, Goldshire’s population would probably be cut in over half.

6 Likes

Personally, I think any moment of griefing, regardless of if it happens to a single Rper or more, is too much already. This is people’s passtime & hobby, and to not be able to enjoy that because of some D-bag is not okay.

I’d love to see the reverse played out. Someone’s Mythic+ run on a normal server disrupted because the RPers in their group will only walk and not run to stay immersed.

The calls for RPers to go to their own servers would be instant and deafening. Sure it’s not a like for like example, but it’s just as disruptive.

8 Likes

I used to enter random battlegrounds and talk in /raid purely in RP-speak.

“Greetings, fellow adventurers! The Horde shall tremble beneath thine blade, noble Alliance!”

“Prithee tell me, what is this ‘roleplay’ you speak of? I am Loras, honourable knight of Stormwind!”

They didn’t like it.

10 Likes

Based and same

Turns out roleplaying at PVPers gets you a lot of homophobic slurs

4 Likes

PvP realm players really are the bottom of the barrel aren’t they?

4 Likes

the server is full .if some non rp people leave the server the population will not die out .

3 Likes