Non-RPers are critical to the health of the server

I think that’s just a common thing regardless of such. I rarely dabble into BGs now a days, but the times that I do. Oh boy.

Saying that back on subject, the amount of times I’ve been put off Stormwind Roleplay because there are people about purposely provoking roleplayers through some idiotic means. I’ve touched Stormwind in a month or so because of it, went to quieter areas and well more fun, less disruptive roleplay to be had.

The problem with Stormwind for me is the unofficial, “designated OOC areas”. I’d quite like to be able to roleplay in the Trade District.

I understand that people need to be able to access the in-game facilities like the AH, but there’s less intrusive ways to do it.

4 Likes

I have more civilian leaning concepts I’d like to do. But it’s boring being shoe horned into Cath Square and Old Town. I want to have a baker who has a shop in the Trade District damn it!

I quite liked the Dwarven District as an RP spot in days gone by, but that’s become like a secondary OOC area now and that bums me out.

2 Likes

I tend to use the Dwarven District for my bank and auction house needs admittedly, but I just move between the two, I don’t lurk in the square.

I have been RPing in the Dwarven District only a few weeks ago, works just fine.

If non RP people leave my RP will remain :100: the same if not improve on the basis that I’m not getting laughed at by some stinky guys.

If anything AH will improve because all the tmog sets won’t be insanely overpriced because some OOCer likes to play the AH and easily swindle some RPers.

I’ll still be able to do PvP and PvE thanks to the fact that the RP community I’m in has some epic tier gamers who do content and RP.

Why and how would the population die out. Noone is dependant on OOCers for anything and having a server full tag is not really necessary to better the server.

4 Likes

Sometimes it does.
Other times the AH dweller population gets quite high.

i said the population will not die out .learn to read

Rragh

It sure is hard to read

Edit:

I feel really stupid.

:cold_sweat:

Literally no RPer thinks like that.

Sorry Morsteth, it wasn’t you who posted it, but I am too dumb to use the quoting mechanism. :crazy_face:

The prices on ER (a PvE realm) of mog gear are higher than the prices on AD for the same gear. Non-RPers often like nice mogs too.

as someone who has done and achieved considerably more content than most OOCers on the realm through purely playing with offrealmers

We have 0 need of OOCers

2 Likes

Most OOCers typically come from the likes of Outland where they couldn’t cut it as PvPers and then proceed to go to Argent Dawn. It’s literally a case of the kid that was recently bullied picking on the new guy in class.

I never understood why you’d go to a RP server if you never have the intention to RP. Those people shouldn’t be welcomed either, as Defias Brotherhood was eventually full of more OOCers than roleplayers.

The final bit of RP on ER was killed off by a Horde PvP guild consistently coming to Stormwind to disrupt roleplay.

We have 0 need of OOCers.

Blizzard also has a habit of not cracking down on those people hard enough. You grief RP with an oversized mount and with enough reports you’re given a 3 hour suspension, maybe a day at most assuming enough reports have come in for the automated system to wrench its “banhammer” down.

2 Likes

I believe, that for these sorts of people and guilds, there is absolutely nothing wrong with blacklisting RP servers, as a whole, from their accounts.

I know of one guild at present, on Horde side, who I wish were forced off and blacklisted.

Perhaps then, DB and the others might find their RP community spirit again.

1 Like

I started playing WoW because of a friend of mine allowed me to play on his account for a while back in Wrath. Decided to get my own acc and rolled his server, while he was a non-rper he was playing on Moonglade (rp server).

It took me a few months of pure PvE and PvP before I went to the main hubs and found some people roleplaying, which piqued my interest. Eventually I delved into it myself, of course I was terrible at it since it was my first time trying it out and got a lot of flack for writing in brackets or posting emotes in /s, but it grew on me, and nowadays I enjoy raiding/pvping while I also am part of a roleplaying guild. Point being, if I wasn’t playing the game as a non-rper on an rp-realm, I very much doubt I would have ever engaged in roleplay.

On a side-note… Holy fk guys, I’m glad I discovered the forums years after I started roleplaying, or I would have stayed as far away as possible. This thread… Christ.

1 Like

Yes, it being the case that you fancied roleplaying because you were curious about it. The point of contention is that if you’re an OOCer and never have any interest in roleplaying, or even worse that you come here looking to grief those that do, then it’s best you stay away from AD or any other RP server and stay where you belong. Every year it’s far too common that the Outland, Kazzak and Tarren Mill zoomers come here to ruin the experience of others.

It isn’t a toxic viewpoint to think that way. It’s called common sense and it’s best for both us and the other players.

3 Likes

How toxic of us to think

checks notes

that if you’re on a roleplaying server you should roleplay

10 Likes