Non-RPers are critical to the health of the server

As someone who was on an RP server which was eventually quashed by constant harassment of oocers/greifers I can safely say

OoCers are sin. Don’t let them in!

1 Like

I agree with you on that griefers should stay out, however I simply cannot agree that non-roleplayers should, mainly because I was in that seat myself. I didn’t even know what roleplaying was at the time, I just saw people having engaging and interesting conversations.

Statements like these would exclude me, at least for the first few months I started playing, I only joined that realm because my friend was playing on it, and I wouldn’t have been roleplaying today if it wasn’t for that.

Was your friend a roleplayer/does he roleplay now?

Nope, he didn’t even have any interest in it. On the other hand, he never griefed anyone either.

I’m sure its much appreciated that he has never griefed or interrupted roleplay, but why was he here in the first place?

Zero (0) interest in RP yet joined an RP server? The mind boggles.

okay?

This is like saying “PvP being enabled excludes me as a player who doesn’t PvP”

1 Like

I don’t know why he was there so I can’t tell, however I do know I probably wouldn’t be here today if not for that, and I’m certain that I’m not alone in that regard.

No, it really isn’t, stop it with the false comparisons. It’s more or less like saying “I didn’t even know about this thing until I stumbled upon it and now I love it”.

Please stop with this idea that you being an RPer is something we should be grateful for.

Congratulations. You learned what the server is for and participated. That’s the baseline. Now that you’ve joined the community, don’t shill for people whose presence is either an annoyance or a problem.

8 Likes

I’m a massive fan of Doctor Who. So naturally, I will go and create a fanclub for it and have all of my discussions at my local farmer’s market & on a forum dedicated to animal healthcare.

Because this is how it works right?

4 Likes

When did I claim that you should be grateful to it? It’s for me.

Yes, after I already was one of the many people you condemn in the next sentence;

Which is a bit elusive. Are they an annoyance simply for being on the server without ever interacting with you? Or is it specifically griefers you are talking about?

isn’t sephuzs secret notorious for griefing rppvp

no wonder a member is trying to argue oocers matter, it’s all a guise to continue griefing

6 Likes

wether they interact with me or not doesn’t mean they aren’t :poop:ing up Boralus, trade district, valley of strength, the whole harbor of Dazar’alor, and so on.

2 Likes

I’ll let our friend in Sephuz Secret in on Meru’s secret.

It’s time for them to MOVE2KAZZAK.

3 Likes

You do realize that people who frequent there are not exclusively non-rpers, right? A lot of them do roleplay, but also do PvE and PvP, and given that the locations you listed are the easiest districts to have access to content (portals, AH, vendors, profession trainers, quests), should it really come as a surprise that those specific small areas are filled with players not currently engaged in roleplay?

And yes, I said small areas, because they are usually concentrated around a very small portion of the map. Not to even mention the fact that Dazar’alor and Boralus have sharding, meaning that you won’t actually get to see most people unless you’re in a group with them. This means that you can say goodbye to most random encounters there, and hello to bubble rp.

Which suddenly changes the oocers swarming there… how? (It doesn’t)

Did I express surprise or annoyance? I’m pretty sure it’s option B. Yes, people who don’t RP go there. They can do so on a non RP server.

2 Likes

Elaborate. Are you propagating that everyone on an RP realm have to be IC each and every second that they’re online? Because it does seem like it given on how you continue it with

When I wrote currently not engaged in roleplay.

but didn’t you hear OP??

2 Likes

I’m saying that the RPers there are an absolute minority.

Most of the server is never engaged in roleplay and ought to skedaddle.

1 Like

But a Rper who does PvE/PvP content will be more mindful by default than someone who never RPed in their life and never will be. So the area could be used for RP still if we had no OOCers.

He’s not saying you need to be IC 24/7. Where’d you get that from? You seem to be equating OOCers to potental roleplayers.

Yeah man, I’m sure Yellowkek in a guild called Poggers is actually a wonderful RPer when he’s not patrolling Stormwind on a gargantuan mammoth and spamming slurs.

Not a real person, it’s just the most OOCer name I could think of at the time.

3 Likes