Non-RPers are critical to the health of the server

A lion does not concern itself with the opinion of sheep

What do you mean? Clearly this is a very good role player and a valuable addition to the community of Argent Dawn

https://check-pvp.fr/eu/Argent%20Dawn/Fxckinglag

Spoiler: they’re one of the people who chat bombed Stormwind in /yell in the middle of the busiest RP hours who I reported as seen in that screenshot posted earlier:

They’re critical to the health of the server =)

3 Likes

Which I disagree with completely, I see plenty of TRP profiles when I log on to my bank alt.

I’m going to say yes and no on this, I agree that generally they’d be more mindful of it, however given that these are main access points to several in-game features (I’ve given the examples before), it would still be crowded with people going about their business without interacting in-character.

My answer to that. Also,

You seem to be equating OOCers to griefers. In my previous example, it was not about potential roleplayers, it was about roleplayers who are currently not in character.

Be someone who’s on a PvP server but refuses to RP: You picked the wrong server chum, doesn’t matter if you get ganked. PvP on a PvP server, that’s how it goes.

Be a non-RPer in an RP server: W-well if you think about it, they’re actually welcome man. Who’d do raids bro? It’s not even a server for RP if you think about it… i-it’s just to facilitate RP bro…

Yet a lot of the time like the numerous examples listed in the thread, the people who are here to just “observe role play” usually end up griefing eventually when they get bored of watching it.

T-they’re just here for the atmopshere bro…

Installing TRP doesn’t make one an RPer lmao

They are, intentional or otherwise.

Remove all non RPers.

2 Likes

you seem to be equating TRP profiles to roleplayers

4 Likes

You seem to be equating OOCers to griefers. In my previous example, it was not about potential roleplayers, it was about roleplayers who are currently not in character .

Who are outnumbered by people who never have an intention to roleplay. A real “global warming isn’t real, it’s cold outside moment” because you can point to a couple of people with a decent TRP amidst people with meme profiles or none at all.

And you’re darn right I equate OOCers to griefers. People who are involved in the RP community have an attachment to it, making them significantly less likely to grief. I’m sure your next line will be “there’s guild drama that results in that.” To which I reply, drama llamas can be chucked over the wall to Kazzak too, along with the nonces.

2 Likes

No, I am assuming that anyone who bothered to download TRP and set up their profile is at the very least interested in roleplaying, or else they wouldn’t have bothered.

I can say it again; I’m against griefing.

Which is where I completely disagree with you.

What makes you assume that I will resort to whataboutism?

that’s one big assumption, chief. and a very, very, very, very wrong one. half the oocers have them just to fill it full of dodgy/edgy stuff so their friends can laugh at how funny they are, the other half of them have it to snoop around certain… other areas where there are plenty of TRP profiles with certain illicit content

9 Likes

You are deeply mistaken.

4 Likes

The fact that you said this makes it very obvious you hardly RP at all, considering how it is VERY much common to find “meme” TRP’s across every major city in WoW.

6 Likes

But are those being done by pure None Roleplayers, or are they being done by bored roleplayers on an alt?

Probably the fact your entire argument is “OOCers who don’t grief belong here. What about them?”

Not wanting to PvP on a PvP server is laughed at.
Wanting people on an RP server to RP is asking the world of someone, apparently.

As for the “people with TRPs want to RP” comment, I’ll just direct you to look at Bloodshroud’s comment.

5 Likes

not the point; he’s equating TRP profiles to roleplayers with a 1 to 1 conversion rate

6 Likes

Either way, its bad. And from personal experience atleast, a majority of it is pure OOCers.

1 Like

You see this pretty much daily in the forums. If someone complains about PvP on a PvP server, they get told off by litterally everyone and to “suck it up” or change server.

But telling people to RP on a RP server is apparantly being entitled or something?

3 Likes

the problem is that its easy to tell people to do/not do something on a video game when you have the power to influence that

someone who pvps on a pvp server has the power to corpse camp you for as long as they want

someone who doesnt rp on an rp server has the power to annoy you for as long as they want

therefore, you’re the problem and you have to find somewhere else

5 Likes

That is your experience. I’ve seen a few, yes, but the vast majority of TRPs I’ve seen have been serious ones.

You… Assume that I will follow up with an “what about”, when that is essentially what you’re doing with the PvP-realm false comparison? Really?
PvP realms are gone now. It’s all about War Mode, which every player across every realm has easy access to.

With the difference being that corpse camping literally stops you from doing what you’re intending to for an extended time. The worst any “OOCer” can do is simply be there. Which, once again, I am against griefers.

That is your experience.

Someone knows 0 about WoW’s RP scene and his name is almost Widesword.

3 Likes