Non-RPers are critical to the health of the server

I honestly think embracing the reality and making the best of it is more productive. I think we should do our best to be inviting and welcoming to everyone on this server. I really believe every OOCer is a RPer that doesn’t know it yet.

I worry that the hostile attitude on the forums especially might scare people off.

How many times do I have to repeat that that is not an acceptable alternative. There is no alternative for a guild with scheduled raids. The CRZ features are useful for sure, but no substitute for a raiding guild.

And I’d much rather raid with people who RP, as those are people more like me that I feel comfortable around. If a raiding guild has a lot of RPers, that’s a plus to me.

epic one liner argument dude!

1 Like

i open my battle.net app, i see social tab, and i wonder ‘what is this? is this a way for me to interact with other people, and make friends with people from other servers without having the server difference whisper block?’

i shake my head. no, that would be silly. i then open wow, and press ‘I’, and i wonder '‘what is this? is this a way for me to interact with other people and do content with likeminded players?’

i shake my head. no, that would be silly.

Ever heard of unwritten rules and customs? Blizzard doesn’t seem to mind ERPers, RP disrupting trolls and pedociraptors like Shonn either, but that does not mean that their existence is fine and that we should just accept them being there.

Common sense, respect and decency.

5 Likes

good for you!

Doesn’t stop the fact that that guild is full of griefing OOCers who do not need to be on the server.

Along with all the other OOCers in fact.

Again, not an alternative for an actual guild.

Sorry I couldn’t figure out your argument because you were randomly running around on your horse in Stormwind through busy RP areas while I am RPing. It’s very disruptive to my immersion, please stop.

As for all the other things you mentioned, they are actually clearly stated in the TOS?? None of those things are acceptable.

If that’s true, I agree.

aren’t there literal raid communities with the community tab

Nothing personal but I just saw your armory. You are on the guild that advertised their boost services on the forums, that’s unexpected.

2 Likes

I will use my flying mount next time, and stay high above RP areas so I don’t disrupt anyone’s RP.

Unless you are some cutting edge mythic progress raider there is 0 difference between a guild with scheduled raids and a battle.net community with scheduled raids.

2 Likes

All in all - and i think i can speak for most the RP community here - we need OOCers about as much as we need a hole in our heads.

Also, the server will not die if all the OOCers just disappeared one day.

oof in ten letters

But I am?

I am not in any guild on Faelyda currently. She’s just an alt I use to post to the forums with, my main is Bookworm.

I am not aware of any boost services my guild does, by the way. But what’s wrong with that? Is that also disrupting your RP experience?

Correction: I just checked the armory and apparently Faelyda IS in Fruit Basket. I don’t remember joining on her, oops.

Thanks.

No problem, that is how it works.

If all the OOCers left you wouldn’t kill the server, rather you’d just allow me to RP in places I currently can’t because there’s OOCers jumping around and spamming /pol/core memes in /s

See: Boralus

7 Likes

just wanna rp in trade i actually would want nothing more my god

I couldn’t tell from your char your posting right now with the sIutmog, but I guess that means you just get to buzz off

If all the OOCers left the server taking everything they apparently “bring” with them;

2 Likes

banger tunes

How will AD survive the loss of the maybe 40 people who do mythic raiding, bros…

8 Likes

This argument was levied at me before and it’s really boring. Just look up any night elf concept art if you think it’s so weird for a Night Elf to put on something like this.

I like the aesthetic, but Faelyda is a woman who is happily with someone (we fade to black, before you say anything!) with two children, so it’s no ‘cooming’ business. You can sleep easy now.

Yeah, yeah. I am not convinced it’s that few.