Non-RPers are critical to the health of the server

ree in three characters or less

So basically the guys who move to the server, don’t roleplay and actively spoil roleplay don’t deserve karma?

Honestly you’re being downgraded from an absolute spoon to a turbo-turnip.

10 Likes

I’m worried about your reading comprehension

Is that why you’ve been struck dumb?

Nah, they’re doing their own share of wrong, but so are you.

On Argent Dawn (EU)? 0 years

We are talking about an RP server and its population, not whenever or not people begin roleplaying as they exit the womb. What a inane attempt to shift the argument lol

2 Likes

What is this cringe Whataboutism, if you are gonna take the radical centrist stance, just don’t post in the first place.

No, you’re just misunderstanding the point. People who aren’t familiar with roleplay aren’t going to understand how it works from the start. When you came here you were already used to it.

It’s not always about having the last word, Perroy.

2 Likes

Non-retail forum posters are critical to the health of this roleplay realm’s forums now.

You make a lot of sense, friend. I now see your side of the argument.

Chazzmanbold, the guy who is a 20 foot naga and screaming slurs, is disrupting people’s RP. This is bad.

“We don’t like this,” say the RPers, who are equally as bad for complaining about their experience being ruined.

Join the radical centrists, my dudes. Nothing’s cooler than lacking a strong opinion on anything.

In this gang of waterheads, we only drink Dr. Pepper. Because it is neither root beer or cola. We cannot have a strong opinion on what we drink.

If people are unable to read the server description I can live with them not polluting the rp-pool tbh

Perroy has historically been very friendly to new RPers so that’s a dumb point

He says trying to get the last word.

1 Like

Into my world of utopia, AD could have a benefit from actual staff on the sever seeing for their themself as they wander around, caring for their players and locking griefers their accounts from creating characters on the realm when caught with disrupting RP. But, seeing where they are going rn with all things in general I am more likely to win the lottery :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Bearing in mind that when you first log in with a brand new account the first realm the game selects for you is a normal server.

They may click change realm, but all the RP servers are at the bottom of the list.

We’re not top of the list front and center.

3 Likes

I remember people making these excuses on The Sha’tar, back when it had a smaller, but bustling RP community. Where is it now? Just OOC’ers everywhere. On an RP realm.

When the increase of OOC’ers has in every case so far led to RP Realms becoming OOC realms with tiny pockets of RP’ers left, like survivors holed up in a shopping mall amidst a Zombie Apocalypse of OOC’ers, You can surely understand why people, especially from those servers which were destroyed by this, are slightly reticent with regards championing the idea of more OOC’ers coming here.

That isn’t parochialism. Parochialism would be if there was no negative effect but ‘We just don’t like them’. We have several cases of direct Cause and Effect, of an influx of OOC players killing off RP realms, to the point where there is now only one left, as opposed to how many ‘Normal’ realms?

To use the restaurant analogy, lets say WoW in the EU is a shop, there are a hundred shops on that street that sell Fish and Chips, there is one shop that sells Oriental food.

OOcer’s are basically going to an Oriental restaurant for fish and chips, then telling other people to go to this Oriental restaurant to get fish and chips. They could have went to one of the many fish and chip restaurants on the street. They’d probably get better fish and chips, but for some reason they keep coming to the Oriental restaurant. Eventually the clientele is made up of people buying Fish and Chips, not people wanting Oriental food.

That is a metaphor for what happened to the other RP realms, that is why people are protective of AD. You can do your thing anywhere. We can only do our thing here. Why is it OK to widdle on our bonfire, and we should just roll over and accept it, when -we- are the ones using the realm correctly?

4 Likes

https://gyazo.com/a09fa628605413a1ebad9291d0639a1d

I call this artistic depiction, “interaction with a classiclet”, I took inspiration from Monet from this piece.

6 Likes

+++ :dagger: :rage: ANTI OOC ACTION :rage: :dagger: +++

I would really love to play on a server where everyone can be expected to be IC more or less at all times that would feel so immersive

But obviously that’s not your point, in fact, you have no point at all : In what universe do you live where people still use server /general /trade to form groups for dungeon content ? I mean I have my insanely epic RP guild to do HIGH LEVEL MYTHIC KEYS ( ! ) with you know people just use the LFG tool for that if they don’t have a guild lol

In fact in all my time on AD I haven’t had any use for pure OOCers ever, even rare transmog items I am provided by incredibly based interaction with my guild of massive role players

I’m incredibly intolerant of people who are detrimental to my role playing experience

I have never ever seen Perroy misunderstand any point made on the forums and so far he hasn’t in this thread at all

+++ :dagger: :rage: ANTI OOC ACTION :rage: :dagger: +++

10 Likes

he says, trying to get the last word.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen and experienced this is not true.
Non-RPers aren’t just M+ pushers or Mythic raiders. Casual players can be Non-RPers and join Argent Dawn “just for the atmosphere”.

As for Non-RP guilds, I truly don’t understand why they choose an RP realm if they don’t have interest in RP.
It’s not convenient at all to be honest, on a PvE realm they’ve more opportunities, cheaper prices for consumables, a bigger pool of dedicated players.

I cannot find a reason to justify their existence.

I won’t deny that, stalkers can be RPers or ‘OOCers’.
Talking from experience though, I have never found a proper RPer that match your description. Maybe I’m just lucky.

A point you introduced that nobody is interested in

Roleplay as a concept is an incredibly basic concept + easy to read about online. People don’t need to first grief RP for a few years before their galaxy minds can percieve what RP is

On what basis do you make that claim? Do you know me very well? Please speak for yourself, OOCback of Gnomeregan

Before AD I had never roleplayed but got interested because I thought it would be funny to play a bandit in Elwynn Forest. Most people can work out RP pretty easily

Does that mean you won’t post again, given the state of your points here?

4 Likes