Now Available on the Shop: The Trader’s Gilded Brutosaur Mount

Don’t care which team made it. Blizzard has a single budget split between each division. If one gets more money then the other gets less.
The money given to the team creating the mount has to come somewhere, they have to take it away from another place.
The budget IS a zero sum game.

And if they create a mount that leads to significant sales, the budget increases for next quarter? It’s never as simple.

If you believe that the in-game shops revenue is used to improve the game and not for the bonuses of the C-suites, then I have some bad news for you.

1 Like

Well something has to pay for the latest addition to the yacht collection.

/sarcasm

It’s all just part of the main budget. How it affects bonuses is another part and basically an individual contract model, separately seen from the budgets.

But I see that you have some insight in the company, do share the juices.

You may be joking right now but surely you remember the news about actiblizz making record profits before laying of hundreds of employees, right?

There is a reason why they came up with this thing called “minimal viable product”. If they can make more money easier by just releasing a mount for people with more money than brain cells to buy then why would they spend money on actually fixing the game?
Those buying these kind of things will sub no matter the game’s state and they’ll happily defend every single choice made by blizzard just so they can defend their own choice of buying everything.

3 Likes

This is what scares me, between the endless complaints about m+, random unfixed bugs, the guild bank loss which seems to have an increasing number of complaints by the day, and this seems to be their answer.

3 Likes

I tried reasoning whit some of the deffenders of this move, their only answer is if you dont like it dont buy it…
Seems like people are happy whit the state of the game.

Atleast give the OG Brutosaur a Mailbox please.

I already have the bear for that

It’s been 18 years since Oblivion horse armor, yet people are still willfully ignorant towards the “boiling frog” thing.

Nobody is playing this game (or really anything in the world) in a bubble. The decisions made by others is still affecting them, even in single player games.
Ubisoft is the clear poster child for this problem.

2 Likes

The problem is that secretly, everyone wants the easy answer to the problem, so this product will be a success, as $90 for most of the people in WoW’s demographic is not a huge sum.

What people don’t realise is that when they solve whatever problem they’re trying to solve, there’s nothing further to do.

Gear is the same, it’s exciting until you have all of it, then you have nothing else to do.

1 Like

So happy i bought it and cheaper then 5 million too, people been asking for a long time for a mount like this again and they listened thank you Blizz so happy right now !!!

2 Likes

It’s a pretty reskin and a nice upgrade with the mail vendor. I did laugh that it’s an Orc as the auctioneer. My guildies didn’t appreciate my Orctionator joke :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Bit of a steep price but trying every giveaway on twitter atm.

5 Likes

Clearly in the wrong guild :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

3 Likes

you know? seein how many bought that mount im beginning to believe blizz is right.

Of course they are. Store mounts are very popular, I see them being used all the time.

yes. probably the outcry is about the cost. but in the end is your money so… who am i to criticize?

If someone can afford it or has enough gold to convert to balance then good for them.

I can understand some are cynical with all the bugs we are currently having but this must have been in the works for some time.

People have been asking for a way to get this mount again and now they can just buy this new and improved version instead if they want to.

1 Like