Now the horde is pure crap

Transitioning from a Warchief to a Council is actually not a bad step. A Warchief was needed while survival was the ultimate goal of the Horde, as it was through bouts of conquest. Now its a time of relative peace, or at least “not-war” and such a figurehead is not needed.

Furthermore, a council-led faction builds more distinction between the Horde and Alliance, with the monarch-led faction in opposition. The diversity of the Horde is all about diseperate groups coming together.

That all being said, I do agree that the Horde has been taking gut-punch after gut-punch regarding its Hero roster. We’ve lost Cairne, Garrosh, Vol’jin and Saurfang, while Baine is written as an Alliance-cuck and Thrall is a hermit. Sylvanas is now an antagonist with Gallywix actually following her.

So the Horde has lost eight characters in the same space that the Alliance lost one; Varian. Am I missing any?

This isn’t a dig against balancing what happens between each Faction, but you can’t just go murdering all the fan-favorite characters on one side and then call it good writing.

2 Likes

How can he be Warchief and Manduin’s love interest? Conflict of interest!

More like can we please execute Baine already?

I think we need someone to unite the two sides, Baine was clearly part of the lets be traitors with the Alliance. It needs someone who didn’t take part in the divide. Someone who can unite the two sides of the Horde. The Loyalists and the Saurfang supporters. Baine is not the right candidate.

Edit - I wrote ‘unite the two sides’ too many times. but my brain doesn’t want to work to reword it.

4 Likes

This is what I initially wanted to say. Much better explanation. Nobody demands to kill one horde/one ally character. This will be retarded but the only times where Alliance died is when Varyan and Tyrion died.

At the moment all the leaders of the Alliance are alive and right there: Anduin, Jaina, Genn, Malfurion, now when Aleria is back, Tyralion, Velen, Kathgar the leader of Kirin Thor, and many many others.

The only loss for this expansion for the alliance is High Thinker and he is only frozen. Muradin is as well alive.

We during the course lost Garrosh, Carne, Vol Jin, Varok, Rasta, now Sylvanas and many many others. Good story telling requires for both factions to suffer. In this “war” the alliance actually havent lost anything. They won in all fields.

Baine is crap. Better Trade Prince Galy than Baine.

2 Likes

These are the consequences of terrible writing or biased writing, call it how you wish.

The Horde lost :

• Cairne
  • Vol’jin
  • Garrosh
  • Thrall ( he is alive but this isn’t Thrall )
  • Sylvanas

The backbone of what made the Horde what it was is gone in favour of characters like Baine and Zappy boy.

It’s quite sad to see what terrible writing can do to well established and core characters of the warcraft franchise. The Horde is indeed a shadow of what it once was.

They are pushing this Red Alliance theme upon them and it’s one of the worst things that has happened to the faction.

2 Likes

Actually Blizz protecting you via Baine and Thrall card in order to enable you to get away with your genocidal act Burning of Teldrassil. Writers are protecting you via such stupid stuff, normally we must exterminate orcish bloodline from the earth before an armistice, that is how it must be but they can’t make their favourite faction suffer right…

To OP - 99% of what you wrote is true to the alliance and the entire story as well.
Forced soap opera, no coherency, totally mess plotline jumping here and there… this is the state of the entire story, and one of the main reason I quited retail and right now, not planning to buy or play shadowlands.

It’s not “the horde is total crap”, it’s the entire storywriting is a mess with no direction.

1 Like

Very strange perspective. Lets see it from the other point. Actually blizzard protecting you (Alliance) via Baine because he warned Jaina for Theramore and he delivered her brother to her.

Lets extend it even more. After Theramore other cities should have burned, and with Proudmoore to kill all of his family including Jaina. You see the perspectives here.

In both cases, Baine acted like a traitor to his own faction mask it as an honorable thing.

My point is, those measures does not lead us anywhere. Both perspective are equally valid.

1 Like

Jaina’s brother should’ve been killed or turned into a zombie so that she would not act so passive. They made the story that way in order to protect the Horde. They pacified Jaina alot, she denied attacking Dazar’Alor after we killed Rastakhan and look at that excuse “Attacking now while they mourn their fallen King (Rastakhan) would make us no better than them!”. This dialogue happened before Baine’s so called honourable favour. We could’ve destroy you but they pacified Jaina like pacific ocean.

What was the consequence of Theramore for you? What punishment did you get? Thrall kill stealed it, Green Jesus ks Master, we couldn’t even punish Garrosh because they couldn’t portray or imagine “a Horde leader will get punished by Alliance :scream:” and they’ve lost their minds, so they made Green Jesus steal the kill.

I hate their biased narrative. They’ve been showing their Red Colour since TBC but they’ve made it so clear this expansion.

Man, you really do not see the point right ? Rastakhan died, Jaina escaped. This is bias. She should have died there because that was the right thing to do. Balance is a key thing in a good and successful story. This is why ‘Game of Thrones’ is so successful and World of WarCraft is dying.

You cannot keep all the characters alive for a specific faction by killing only the others. You really do not know even the plan for Derek. How do you know that Jaina will have time to react.

Rofl, who is Rastakhan? Do you compare Jaina to Rastakhan? And we don’t need help of cows to stand united and battle against the Horde. She already had many traumatic losses in the past, one more would not make her lose her mind at least she wouldn’t turn into a kitty just by 1 favour. Terrible writing.

There we go, a thread is started saying the horde is crap, and we’ve gotten to just about 70 posts before we get the same usual guff. “It’s Horde Bias!” Do you want Retributor? because that’s how you get Retributor. I swear, some people wake up and snarl “It is a day with a Y in it This is clear Horde Bias by Blizzard!” “My Soup is cold, I bet that Horde player’s soup isn’t cold, this is so unfair!” “I Heard Blizzard all play Horde, every last one of them, and they actually have death squads to take out people who main Alliance. Its all part of a big conspiracy”

C’mon…grow up.

2 Likes

Please keep Handsome man away from this cursed throne!

2 Likes

Indeed I don’t want to lose Lor’Themar to the cursed leadership role.

4 Likes

At least compare like for like.

This expo the alliance “lost” (not dead) Mekkatorque.

This expo lost Rhasta (lol @ him being a core ingredient of the horde when he wasn’t even part of the Horde when he was killed) and “lost” sylvanas (not dead), debatable as to the severity of that as sylvanas was in the eyes of many, leading the Horde on a path it isn’t meant to be on. The only genuine loss is Saurfang.

So, one leader for one leader then.

Cairne, Vol’jin Garrosh and Thrall, that crap is from older expos. And hey, you got Thrall back. That negates the loss of Saurfang.

So horde “lost” a leader whom was divise whereas alliance “lost” a leader whom was a universally loved member of their race. Sounds legit.

Blizzard failed writing a good Warchief after Garrosh.

They should have retconed it way before BFA. At this point it is tragic. There is no hope.

I don’t think referring to the plain facts is a reason to be called immature.

Stop that horde is pure best dont say stuff like that

Except everyone who makes this kind of topic is demanding it. In every topic like this one main reason, or atleast one of the main point of creating them, is the fact that aliance didnt lose anybody or lose less than a horde. That in my eyes is childish and if storytelling is driven by this “make it fair” agenda then i think we would be up for some trash story. I dont mind killing main characters on any faction, what i find ridiculous is demanding killing those just for the fair amount of deaths on both sides. Imo ofc.
Some of this funny stuff has been in the game already btw…remember broken shore scenario…where Varian died in herioc way and then all of the suden for no reason whatsoever (or it did seem like it back then) Voljin died and it just felt so wrong and unnecessairy just so one faction wont be left behind.

Im kinda surprised nobody is on the same page with ne on this. :neutral_face:

1 Like

This is also true for Arthas. Who got to kill him? Humans while the character wo actually suffered the most trough him was Sylvanas. Did she get her revenge? No.

1 Like