Official Classic Hardcore is Coming

Season of Mastery is not coming, Season of something else is coming later this year after Hardcore.

1 Like

"Well, to start with, it’s always good to have the hardcore mode included in World of Warcraft, just as it has always been in Diablo. Additionally, there are some things that need to be readjusted, since the game wasn’t designed to be played that way initially. Some skills of certain classes become useless in hardcore mode, basically all those that are used to resurrect someone should be replaced by a different skill, or at least nullified, so that no one can resurrect. Other things like item trading, the auction house, professions, etc., may also require some adjustments.

Finally, and very importantly, it is necessary to have a server where EVERYONE, unconditionally, is playing in hardcore mode, especially to prevent some abuses. It’s only fair that all players in the same realm play under the same rules. Just as a realm where PvP is optional is not a PvP realm, a realm where hardcore mode is optional is not really a hardcore realm."

2 Likes

I hope, they will make it possible to sellect out off 3 options, at the start off a character:

1. death = ghost
  2. death = ghost + 1 x per dungeon till 60
    3 .death = ghost + 1 x per dungeon + no trading, ah, mailbox till 60
  • /pray

Season of [Something else] after HC servers.

Hardcore more like griefcore,gonna be so fun to mess with people.

2 Likes

Assuming you level up without dying and then start griefing without getting banned.

2 Likes

Lets be real, players will not accept disconnects as cause of their death and stick with the Addon or private servers instead. The HC community is amazing and helpful and the appeal process makes all players feel more comfortable in worst case scenarios.

Disconnects and griefing are the main issue and if Blizzard cannot provide a solution, official HC servers are clearly a disadvantage in comparison to the HC addon.

2 Likes

More than 5 people care about hardcore?

You stupid or what? Try logging on HW. Is FULL of HardCore players.

So are you saying there is more than 5 or not?

Omg this is so awesome. I’ve been waiting my whole life for this!

Of course more than five. If they need 4 guilds to have them all :wink: You just proved my number 1 theory.

Waiting for information regarding this. I cba playing on WOTLK now they’ve brought in the WOW token.

This is great news!

Will the bug: [ If dc’ing when flying Wetlands-IF the gryphon drops you in the mountains = death ] be fixed for the official hardcore servers?

I have not experienced the drop on any other flight though @DC.

//Carcoza

The ideal minimum for me to fully enjoy a HC server as a more casual HC player:

1. Death is permanent (Duh)
  2. Only possible to enter dungeons within 5 levels of each others (To minimize boosting)
  3. No trading or AH until lvl 20 (Majority of deaths occur before lvl 20, ideally I would see this lvl higher, but I can live with 20).
  4. Max duration on leasing mobs outside dungeons, kiting a mob across several zones should never be possible, Blizzards primary goal is making money, and these kind of things makes players and streamers quit.
  5. An appeal system for deaths due to bugs.

Disconnects is a tricky one, that would most likely be abused and reported too often for Blizzard to invest the manpower to manage. Specific flight related d/c deaths I’d count toward bug-related and thus possible to get appealed.

Played thousands of hours in PoE HC and while deaths to bugs do occur, most deaths to bugs in WoW feels so much worse. Like randomly clipping through the world.

I personally don’t mind ppl grouping on/off as I see that as a core mechanic of WoW and is where I have had some of my fondest memories in Wow.

Not to mention the current plague in certain zones (…Barrens) trying to get 1st aggro on certain mobs and instead of 5 ppl getting the tag and moving on we instead have 5-15 ppl in a line going at it one by one waiting for hours, and if you’re not a class with an instant ability and macro-spamming you’re basically toast out of those questlines. It does get a lot better past level 20 though.

In a perfect world it’d be nice if you’re in a party in the open world with a large level difference (+5) your XP and item drop rate will be greatly reduced, yet again to minimize boosting.

But realistically I can’t really see Blizzard limiting grouping in any way.

When will the PTR be? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hello there Fity, I am just curious why implementing the tokens in wotlk would make any difference to your game play?

Soon. What does soon mean? More than a month has passed since this statement.

I understand the fact that you cannot give us a concrete date however, you could post some sort of news regarding this subject.

Wishlist :

1. You died, you cannot rez. Can log in as ghost.
  2. One char and one char only. You die and you’re a ghost, you will need to delete your ghost char in order to make new one.
  3. AH available from start, but anything you put on sale there is a predefined price (2x or 3x the money you’d get from selling to vendor).
  4. Mailbox only to receive mail (from AH) not to send.
  5. Trade disabled.
  6. Can team with ±5 lvl

From what I see 99% of deaths in HC is a player either being overconfident, lack of focus or being overwhelmed by dynamic respawn, that happens on you, instead of where the other players that caused the respawn are. Yes, some will die from griefing or DC, but not many compared to players just being overconfident, don’t plan escape routes or lack focus.

1 Like

I’m sorry but if the official HC server is going to allow AH and Trading then it isn’t real HC , I will be sticking with the addon on my current server . I have no wish to play a watered down easy version of HC .

1 Like