Official Classic Hardcore is Coming

There’s really not much Blizzard has to do. Just expose more statistics APIs to addons, so that the Hardcore Addon for example has rock-solid, server-confirmed information about goings on. HC players want to have an “achievement” for not trading, etc.? Just let the addon check whether or not trades have occurred => no need to add a new system from blizzard’s side. Same for most other things. I know that those APIs exits, given that quite a few of them are queryable in Dragonflight under the Achievements system, so it would make a lot of sense to just hand over the “hard” work to the addon developers instead of creating new systems. The addon devs will do what the community wants, they just need easy access to the APIs.

Oh no! Anyways.
I love the rules they announced. Death is a permadeath and no griefing allowed.
People can restrict their own gameplay as much as they want more than the obvious, but HC’s main and “only” thing has been always permadeath. Since the beginning.

1 Like

The only enemy that no one can control, is connection problems, don’t know if someone can appeal the disconnect, that would be a very big problem.

Even me, far in the countryside, with old PC, and only recently a decent fibre connexion … I played HC since 2012 - I died to disconect ttree times only (I DC’ed many more times - record for one HC toon is 11 I think) and once to strange semi-DC letting hippogrryph continue through Exodar into sunset.
To me all your talk DC sounds like you want special protection and use thing everybody understand and feel sory for, but that only happen so-so very seldom.

I play HC now, and I have one of the best connections, fiber 500MB, very stable, but when I play classic, I DC like 2 to 4 times, I manage to come back very quickly, as its not internet problem. Now if you play HC you can appeal, everyone will DC at some point.

I play Oldschool IronMan, so no, no addon - no appeal.

On the HC addon AH and Trade and Mail are not allowed so you are wrong , the whole point of HC is that it’s not easy to get gear and money to help you in your journey which makes the challenge hard . This implementation by Blizz is EasyCore and isn’t a challenge really …

Feel free to use the add-on to make it harder for yourself, but don’t force your preference on others.

2 Likes

Dungeons and Stat gear is already EasyMode :wink: Buying grey shoulders from AH helps me not as much as when you use green shoulders from Dungeons or Quest rewards.

Totally agree, like ban all challenges and official addons that run untested rules favoring one class over another unlike original gameplay. Only official Bluzzard rules should apply and shown at the HC character creation. No custom BS.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.