Old Essence grind in 8.3 for new/returning players

Casuals doesnt need essences to enter LFR. Heroic guilds have essences alredy unlocked.

Thats completly your problem that you force yourself into content you dont like to get bis gear what you dont need in first place. If you are one of those minmaxers than sorry mate you are minority and game wont be changed for such small audience.

Same resosponses over and over without any proper reasoning behind it.

I will stand by the point that essences arent friendly in any way shape or form to 3 types of people:

• WHEN you play more characters
  • WHEN you want to return to this game
  • WHEN you are new to this game.

You are assuming everyone complaining is a “casual” which is a weird term to begin with or difficult to label as such.

When are you casual? Less than 4 hours or less than 8 hours a week?
We dont know, there is no explanation what it actually means gaming wise.

My interpretation of it:
Only that you play whenever it fits your schedule or when you want to.

So itemlvl should also be acc wide and new or returning playera should have also free mythic gear in their mails so they can jump right into what exactly? Becouse as far i am aware this game is not about log in and spam mythic+, raids and log off. But it seems thats what some people yhink game should be about. Which only proves that some people just play wrong type of game. Go play Arpg like diablo 3 or POE. Mmorpg doeant work like that. Mmos are abour yourney to end goal but it looks like you just want skip that yourney and get right to the end.

Not reasonable.

The only reasonable thing they can do, is to give essences to all the alts. I mean i have two level 4 essences on my main and i DEFINITELY don’t want to grind those two again for every alt.

Casuals do hc…

Misunderstanding m8, I don’t ask the game to be changed, OP does :smiley: For me the game is completely fine.

I am talking about lfr casuals.

I find it funny you speak about essences and you got rank1 crucible with lvl 67 neck :wink: your highest m+ is +5. Man, you think your essences are holding you back. They are not. You are.

You won’t persuade us, we won’t persuade you. You won’t catch up in a week in an mmo, deal with it. Whether it is gear or essences, you are not going to do it less than in a month. And in an MMORPG month is nothing.

Because posting on an alt isnt an option on these forums. /sarcasm off

Yet again you didnt read any posts at all. But just for you: i currently have almost all essences on 3 characters rank 3. Is it a fun system? no, most boring content to date.

It still baffles me that all the nay sayers arent able to see the problem is there for returning / new players.
To some degree also alts and thats why it needs to be changed.

But people are stuck in a mindset that this game only shows how good you are if you can spend a lot of hours to grind whatever you need.

A lot of games are: ow i just want to log in and be able to play whatever i like.
If that is LFR or Mythic raids doesnt matter. Some activities require more time than others.

You also dont need to play Fortnite for 20 hours a week just to be able to play fortnite.

And that is exactly the issue witu essences. You need a certain amount of time to farm essences to then play the part of the game you like.

1 Like

You still don’t understand a difference between Fortnite and MMORPGs, do you? :wink: if you want to “login and do mythic raiding” then sorry, you can’t do hardest content in the game without progressing your character first. Thats how it goes in MMORPGs.

You say how hard is it for alts to grind essences and how they need to have them to be able to play and yet you clearly farm your “alt” (ye, sure) to neck lvl 67 without bothering to do 2 quests which take like 10 minutes to unlock r3 crucible.

I really don’t know why returning players should be given essences for free. I did that “grind”, I was paying subscription, I spent time to get essences just like all others. Then tell me why should our work be invalidated because someone who didn’t play decided to try game again?

8.3 comes with huge “essence grind” nerf. You got r3 essences for revered which takes about 2 weeks to do. Do these “returning players” care about being competitive at the beginning of 8.3? Nice, they got plenty of time to do revered before 8.3 goes live. Other essences come naturally by doing content.

Btw if you grinded all essences on 3 chars its up to you. You need 3-4 essences max on a character.

Edit: Btw, your best dps essence or close to best for dungeons comes from dungeons. Best or close to best essence for pvp comes from rated arenas = pvp. And probably best single target essence which you need for raiding comes from raiding. So tell me how is getting these essences stop you from doing content you like?

New players have to progress through BfA story anyway. There is no skip to 8.3. Returning players also have to catch up. Some stuff will be quicker, some will not. If you didn’t played for most of BfA your neck will be low and you have to catch up. Previously new major patch usually wiped previous progressions but now it’s not completely true. You still need neck level and you still need essences. There will be few new but if someone wants to be competitive he/she has to target best ones anyway. It may not be the most amazing content but that how it is.

The more alts someone play the more casual and less performant he/she is. If you aren’t mythic world first guildie that needs to have deck down alt set for split runs and picks for a tier you will never take use of bis gear on multiple alts as your skill at playing any of them will be way lower than optimal.

Still, redoing essences isn’t the most fun thing to do. At least they are lowering the requirements.

In WoW you can’t do whatever you like. You want +15 for weekly - get carry or have RIO and ilvl to be invited to a PUG. You want a mythic raid - be in a mythic guild and follow a schedule and guild requirements… or wait until it’s cross realm and PUG if you have ilvl… and likely kills registered to get you invited.

It does matter as Mythic raid was clearly designed for pre-made groups and balanced around best of them world wide. You can’t casually log in and raid mythic. Even HC may wipe you with such “dedication”. LFR, co-op in SC2, Battlegrounds in Hearthstone are a content that is designed to play whenever you like without grind and preparation.

And I did make an alt for a while. After 2 days and 11h played on 120 I got quite a few of essences not really targeting most of them (like mechagon never ever):

Yeah it is one of the alts i dont play.

Essences are actually rotating depending on class / encounter / m+ affixes / job in pvp etc.

So just having 3 of them wont work for most classes.
I made it clear that different content requires different effort. So a mythic raider has to do more than a lfr player.

I have no issues with progressing a character because why else would i play multiple every expansion and aim for mythic raiding / higher m+ keys constantly on them? (M+ 18s/19s)

Denying returning players to step right into the content they are returning for, because they will need essences or reputations or whatever else simply because: i did the work so now everyone has to do that same boring grind isnt a valid argument.

I guess if that really is your reason you will be very busy in real life writing angry letters to companies you buy products from.

Because as soon as something new is released the older version gets more affordable / accessible. That is just how it works.

Essences gave you and me fair power gains and we had our use for them and will continue to make use of the powers.

If essences get a catch up mechanic it still doesnt mean a returning player hops into the game with all the rank 3 essences. Because they might need to farm a currency like the legendary system had in Legion before they can buy essences.

And this currency might come from many sources we have in the game. Like WQ’s / Weekly caches / raids / etc etc.

Where is the issue with all of that?

I have no problem with nerfing essence requirements (which comes with 8.3 and that nerf is huuuuge), I just see no reason to give r3 for free. It totally denies any character progression which is what MMORPGs are about. “Old essences” will still be current content in 8.3 because some of them will still be bis for some classes. I don’t know why anyone should be given these essences for free, it has no reason in this type of game. And Im saying this as someone with 2 alts where I still don’t have essences I want.

Nobody ever mentioned for free.

So you dont have the essences you want on alts and are against changing the system? Okay.

The changes only are on Nazjatar / Mechagon essences.
And we are talking some small reductions in requirements. Nothing more.

The cost of Mechagon essences was too high anyway

Around 8% of my dps is essence skill and now you can see how overpower are those skills. I want get best one for my class but cannot because it is from pvp arena rating and I never get over 200 rating(I lose over 80% games)

1 Like

I HATE essences so much! Whoever thought of them being characterbound, I hope you get an open sore on your butt!

I hope you realize we looking at 12+ months with 8.3. People have plenty of time to farm up essences. Its not like there is many players coming back anyway. Also just becouse you find getting essences boring doesnt mean everyone does. Nazjatar and Mechagon is for most people their end gamr and you pretty much want this content removed from them.

People has been asking for meanigfull, nonrng character progressio since begging of bfa and essences are just that. Maybe reason why Blizz isnt changing essences is fact most people are ok with them.

If you make essences accwide or let everyone catch up just becouse of new patch you literly ruined that progression. And yes gear resets each season are also horrible so dobt even try defend it with it.

And still you dont get any point of this discussion. So i wont respond to your weird logic anymore.
12+ months?

Shadowlands will release before 31st of December 2020.

So at most that is 12 months and 19 days from today.

And 8.3 will release in january or february making it less than 11 months and then we even have a prepatch also.

Gear resets are part of an mmorpg because of its nature. (Your own words)

“Only” Nazjatar and Mechagon? Man these essences are those who require reputation grind. Others don’t require grind at all. Small reductions in requirements? Exalted --》revered is small reduction, 21k reputation nerf is “small reduction”? So now revered is a problem too? You need revered for flying anyway (you speak about new players)

And price of Mechagon essences? Just farm 7k spare parts/hour in a party just like everyone else, you will get these essences in 2 hours. Is a few hours too much of a grind for you too?