Orc passive is gamebreaking, change it in the future

why do you think ppl play orc if they would remove it nobody ever would play that shi

Could say the same about gnomes and dwarves.
Take away Escape Artist and Expansive Mind from the gnomes and Stoneform, Fear Ward and Desperate Prayer from dwarves, watch as all the spellcasters become humans overnight.

you are battle for azeroth panda plz

you dont know gnomeregan and probably main a tauren cow

My avatar isn’t relevant to this discussion, we’re talking about classic races.
If gnomes didn’t have their amazing caster oriented racials I doubt you or the other thousands of gnome warlocks and mages would have ever touched them.
Like I said:

yea maybe you chose race based on these kind of things but i rly dont otherwise i would be orc hunter or something ofc

I didn’t actually, i’m quite happy with my undead Priest which has frankly terrible Priest racials and a racial what’s good against Warlocks and that’s about it.

If I wanted to min/max I would have rolled a Troll for Shadowguard and Hex of Weakness which is essentially a ranged Mortal Strike minus the damage, but I wanted to be a dead person with a metal jaw and comically bad swimming animations so here I am.
Still, my point still stands:

As a rant thread this is damn bad 1 . If you are trolling well you have succeded.

How is WOTF broken when allies have WOTF that can be distributed to every race by dwarf priests AKA fear ward.

It is ok in the sense that you can play an orc as well, you are not prohibited from playing an orc when you start the game.

If you do not play an orc like many others that play alliance or play horde and not play orc you had motivations that weighted heavier than the orc passive racial.

Neither orc racial changes nor paid faction change should make it into the game on their own. Classic wow is far from balanced, perhaps bigger so than (later/previous :S) editions from the game, and that is well known and fine.

Yup, you’re right. I picked dwarf for Fear Ward, wouldn’t have touched the fugly things otherwise.

You answered yourself. Ally NEED a Dwarf Priest to Distribute the buff. The duration is 10 min and you don’t have the possibility to choose when to use it.

Realy you do not see the abyssal difference?

2 Likes

Is this supposed to be english?

Lol rogue players will complain about anything man. Can kill most people in a stun lock but has a chance of not being able to for one race so cries about it.

1 Like

why orc passive needs fix problem for alliance players?
like you have paladins op auras , blessing of protection, blessing of sacrifice
dworf passive is insane against rogue
human passive is insane against rogues

like how much more help you need against rogues?’
just let horde have that one race. alliance have multiple.

undead is not bad maybe learn to play then

Anyone else has the feeling they already nerfed stun resist? I remember getting more resists while leveling than at the moment.

If so, this should be looked into to make sure it’s still 25%.

How does stun resist work btw? Let me educate u.

It’s 25% increased chance on all stuns.
Spells, in PvP, have a 5% base chance to be resisted. This can be lowered by spell hit.
Physical abilities, in PvP, have a 5% base chance to miss. This can be lowered by +hit.

For example, a Rogue with 5% hit has a 0% chance to miss Cheap Shot, vs a Orc this should result in a net 25% failure rate. The same goes for Kidney Shot, unless the stuns are not properly linked because Kidney Shot can also be dodged of parried if the target is not stunned already from e.g. Cheap Shot.

A Paladin with 0% extra spell hit has a base 5% + extra 25% = 30% chance to have his HoJ resisted by a Orc. I think he can decrease this to 26% with spell hit gear.

There is no base % chance to resist stuns from Physical abilities, only from spell based stuns. The attacker can miss tho if not enough hit gear.

Now this is all from my memory of 15 years ago and I’m 100% certain it works like this.

Now go and l2p

1 Like

I think you missed part where wow classic is not competitive game and is not balanced for 1v1. MMOs are about group conflict and in such enviroment any op abilitties, rng etc,… no longer have any meanigfull impact on outcome.

Becouse it wont make game better. It make game more balanced but more balanace=/= more fun.

I do recall when they nerfed the racial on retail and any orc chars I played were just stunned to oblivion. At least that’s how it seemed. Most people at the time no matter what race they played were fed up of stuns as it was such a huge barrier to gameplay. Do remember that a resistance to stun doesn’t mean ‘stun proof’ so some will get through and some will land with less length of stun time than on other classes. Adjust your tactics to whatever race or class you face. As a rogue presumably parked in stealth you have time to weight that up rather than just reacting to the situation as it occurs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.