Orc stun resist racial has to go

so you’re just saying “buff dwarf”?
would you be willing to give up stoneform for hardiness? because like, you don’t get to have both lmao.

yes dwarves should get both, orcs have enough already

seems a tad unreasonable no?

a 10% hardiness version is enough

alliance need this balance

I disagree. It’s a hunter thing by design, it has several logical explanations.

1. Less you moving - better the hit. It’s in the name of the rune - Sniper Training. It’s immersive.
  2. It’s very dangerous playstyle for PvP, hunter have no save abilities to stay as a target, so it’s risky and because of the risk - it’s rewarding.
  3. Easily countered ability - you can just move into 8 yard range of the hunter to push him from this position, hide behind walls, control etc.
  4. It was buffed only recently and it was the only rune for MM, people was playing (including me) without stacks, you should stay in place to get anything. So MM hunters, lets say, had no rune on legs for PvP (and for most PvE, because PvE also requires movement).
  5. You still can kill hunter and you can’t say that about shamans, yesterday i got 2100+1100 damage from melee shaman in 0.5 second.
  6. It’s just a 10% crit chance for several abilities, it’s not like 100%. In 90% cases you using Chimera- you will not get benefit from this rune.
  7. Only because you aimlessly jumping around to losing your buff - not making you “non-bot”. I would say overwise.

well you already get half that, baseline. just like all other races.

you had me willing to negotiate at first, but you lost me bro.

i think you misunderstood me when i said “bot design”.
what i meant by that, is the type of “player” that gets rewarded the most from this rune existing is bots running around in greens farming hyenas in tanaris.

i can totally see its uses for actual players, but that doesn’t mean this won’t benefit a botter a million times more than it benefits the average hunter player.

and thats my biggest gripe with it. i couldn’t care less about actual players making use of this rune as its intended to be used.
its the bots benefitting that irks me.

Got it.

In my experience - if you fight mobs you usually moving, not staying in place. Because my damage is always retaunt the target on me. But prob. for BM with gloves rune you can just stay in place, yes. But in that case you don’t have Aimed Shot and Chimera so… 10% extra crit on Acrane Shot means you kinda just can skip legs rune slot.

yeah i’m not a dev… it’s complicated

Oh and →

stoneform in not a “win button” in the scenario →
orc rogue vs dwarf rogue, its about luck

Blizz should go deep in this balance situation, for the health of the game, seriously

true enough. snapping feign death helps with that btw… not an optimal use of the ability in case you actually need to use it to escape, but in casual mob farming it works very well as a simple aggro reset.

now that hunters have some melee capabilities, its not unreasonable to tell them to just use disengage to dump some aggro every now and then, either.

that being said, disengage is a joke. it dumps like 100 threat last i checked, which is nothing… deffo could do with a threat reduction buff so it actually works as intended.

well… you have the option to reset the fight against an orc rogue… the orc doesn’t have that luxury… on the other hand, if the orc gets lucky he will resist one of your stuns.

i would say it evens out pretty well tbh.

Yeah I kinda trying to save FD for something more important, better just lose some stacks and finish the mob without.

that’s why i suggest to give even a minihardiness (10%) to dwarves.

this scenario is for niche players

balance the game is for the majority, not the sweaters superskilled of the owl…

if horde got long queues is because too many people roll orc

one sided servers, all that, you see what i mean

we are not in 2005, people min-max to the fullest

an official server should have balance done

Blizz launches SOD which is basically classic+, people enjoy it it is popular and all the reasons that make it fun and enjoyable is what people wanna change.

Then why did you start playing SOD in the first place? If you just wanna turn it into retail?

i would argue that SOD is the one version of the game where people actually play races for aesthetic reasons.

first time yesterday i came upon a group of 3 guys in felwood on my way to get my eye item (priest rune).
one was a troll warrior, one was a tauren shaman and the last guy was troll mage.

how does this happen if “everyone is min/maxing to the fullest”?

on era i saw way more cookie cutter orc warriors than i have seen in SOD. it really all comes down to the weapon skill racial. its too good to pass up, and blizzard already said they are addressing that.

i suppose this means the community will simply move the goalpost even further towards “muh hardiness” arguments… even after the shadowmeld buff (yes thats what sniper training buff is).

in a deep % , people prefer go for the min-max

sure there are exceptions

people are just addicted to gold

they don’t play :rofl:

:zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

:nose: :nose: :nose: :nose: :nose:

example:

→ SoD P1 = full of paladin → alliance creation locked
→ SoD P2 = full of shaman → horde creation locked

people can delete their chars or pay a second account for the love of min-max

in P1 i warned the forums that shamans gonna do a massacre

that will always be the case though.

people who choose their class for aesthetic reasons are a minority, and they always will be, until total homogenization and thus race being a meaningless choice happens, which is hopefully never.

that’s not a world… of warcraft… i want to live in :frowning:

shamans are always going to be a massacre.
their ability to do drive-by wf one-shots was a thing since the dawn of world of warcraft.
until now, this was literally all they had, and they were firmly placed into the meme category as a result.

i would argue that giving shaman dual wield was an abyssmally bad choice. the game is already lacking 2h users as it is; especially on horde side since we don’t have paladins.

its actually pretty absurd that hunters, shamans, warriors, and to a degree even rogues have to sit here and all compete for the same 1handed weapons… and we all need TWO each…
i hate it, and i prefer 2h any day… the community also very clearly said “WE WANT 2H” and blizzard is just like “nah we give you DW” for whatever reason.

kill dual wield, buff 2h (like the community wants) and we can get rid of all these issues such as double rockbiter with WOE breaking the game… i can guarantee you that nobody ever asked for this, just like we didn’t ever ask for shamanistic rage to be a raidwide mana battery.

it really is awful to be exposed to this kind of hatred from other players based on things that are totally out of our control… we weren’t the brainiacs that decided to put a flat 20% attack power on alpha, that was blizzard, and the first thing the shaman playerbase did as a collective was scream “PLEASE DON’T DO THIS” because we all saw the nerfbat coming miles away, because of course it was… something like that is as dumb as the 10% flat shadow priest damage buff.

incredibly lazy and poorly thought through, if at all. it amazes me, honestly.

inb4 “HAH I GOT YOU, YOU SNAKE IN THE GRASS!! I KNEW YOU WERE A SHAMAN PLAYER!” which is apparently something that happens frequently on these forums… like there are actually people out there who are this paranoid.