Paid character transfers

Kek. I play on Gehennas, no kids yet (but planning to have some), and I’m level 36.

Hitting 60 isn’t that important since that’s not what Vanilla was all about. The “gogogo” and “endgame is all that matters” mentality is probably what led to this.

I’ve got roughly 7 days /played on my hunter, and I’ve spent every second having tremendous fun.

People aren’t expected to hit 60 less than a month (or even a month) after launch. Maybe 2 months after launch you can begin to question it, but eh…

You rushed, and that’s probably mostly why you’re unable to do anything atm.

Ten Storms is pretty active and has 40k+ active characters above level 5.

I think you need a bit of a reality check on this whole “people should be level 60 by now wtf” mentality. Check out http://wowpop.appspot.com/ for a good look at how things are atm.

You like almost all of us (except most casual and most hardcore players) sees yourself as somewhat above average player, i.e. being in the majority but still better than majority.

The reality is that many of us aren’t.

You compared to most players are kind of speed leveler. You checked/tried routes before launch and so on. So you naturally see leveling speed as an important indication of the server “hardcordness” and health. You imo put a bit too much weight on leveling importance for how the server will turn out at 60.

Will give you an example with me:
I, even if I liked to raid somewhat “seriously” I always loved to level super slowly intentionally because otherwise I feel like mising stuff. On top of that I hate alts (for sure won’t have more than 1) so I have only 1 or 2 chances. I’m currently at 8+ days /played and level 42, on several ocasions I even felt like I get xp too fast and miss stuff elsewhere.

Tone down that hurrying a bit, there is no grand prize at the end. If that is your fun, great, but don’t ask for Blizzard and the whole server to move with you. Blizz must wait for the initial month (up to 6 weeks) to pass and see how many will not resub or return to BFA. Then they must do few additional layer squishes until layering is gone. Only after that they can look at queues and populations and decide how to proceed with merges/transfers.

1 Like

I want to move from that cursed bloody shazzrah to nice and cozy nethergarde keep. Let me finally pay for it!

P.S. No, i’m not goind to reroll. I picked a character, earned a mount, and i’m going to stick with it.

3 Likes

I never said or implied that I’m a casual but you can’t just get past that point. I explicitly have written, many times on this topic, that I’m a fast-leveller and even if I can’t call it powerlevelling, I still levelled very fast. Or let me say it this way: I’m a nerd. I expected more nerds like me on the server, or at least some “half-nerds” which could be level 40 after 23 days of server uptime.

This is so simple. I didn’t expect people to be 60 at the same time with me. I hit level 60 on 4th of september and that was early. But after 3 weeks, I actually expected more than 40 players on the server to be 60.

When I go to another server which launched on the same time with Ten Storms, I can see 10 times more level 60s. I went on to Mograine to make a new char and saw a dozen of very high end raids LF players on the world channel in under a minute.

Again, I’m not dictating how others should play or I’m not blaming anyone for not being 60 as fast as me. All I say is, unlike other servers, on this server there is not an endgame community that wants to be active on high-level content.

your server has enough people to make two full servers what are you on about? have you seen deadfang?

Where do you get that info from? On the server list my server is low population almost always, seen it having “medium” a few times at 8 pm.

Ten Storms is pretty active and has 40k+ active characters above level 5.

Check characters above 50 instead of 5. Because level 5 means nothing. I levelled so many level 5s on so many different servers while I got bored of waiting in the queue first few days. It doesn’t mean that I will ever play on those servers again.

1 Like

Unless you’re playing during daytime, please stop lying. At peak times, it is always medium or high.

Why are you obsessed with this idea that 10 Storms is a dead server, when it simply isn’t?
I don’t doubt that it has no endgame community. because, we’re only three weeks into launch. Jeez.

Can you imagine back in the day 3 weeks into launch in 2005 and people declare the game dead because other people weren’t as fast as them to 60?

A lot of the dedicated hardcore players had subscribed prior to launch and reserved their names on one of the main servers. So makes sense that there are fewer on Ten Storms.

You are the one lying here, and you are shamelessly lying. Ten Storms has never been listed as high. It is either low or medium anytime.

3 weeks into the launch in 2019 is a good time. Even in 2005 when I played on burning legion server on vanilla there were more 60s after 3 weeks than we have on ten storms right now. But hey! We are not in 2005.

You simply can’t explain why there is 450+ level 60s on Mograine, Golemagg etc. right now and why there is only 40-50 level 60s on Ten Storms. They are all servers right?

And I still can’t get an answer from you: Why do you want to keep other players hostage in this server? If you are happy with it, fine. If I’m not happy with it, why can’t I transfer away?

If I log in on weekends then Ten Storms is usually listed High. If I log in on other times (e.g. wednesdya night) then it is Medium.
I have never seen it Low apart from the one time I logged in at 6am before work

I don’t wish to keep anyone hostage but I think you should calm yourself down and stop scaremongering when the game is brand new.

Next time take me a screenshot and post here when you see it listed as high.

I will do the same when I get it low and we’ll see who’s lying.

I am pretty calm but I’m very unhappy with the server. I didn’t expect to be sitting in ironforge bank all day for a month and never see a raid done on the server for so long. All other servers are already raiding, so I want to be a part of that.

Alright, about this wowpop.appspot.com data (if we take it as correct)

Ten Storms have 335 level 50+ players. (alliance side)
Shazzrah has 2333.
Gehennas has 2478.

Ok they are more “hardcore” servers so let’s take other examples:
Gandling, which is even a newer server than Ten Storms, has 1324 level 50+ players.
Flamelash, newer server, 1473.
Firemaw, created the same day as Ten Storms, has 3502.
Zandalar Tribe has 1951.
Ashbringer, newer server, has 1180.
Mograine, same date, 2969.

I couldn’t find any server so far with a three-digit number so I’ll leave it at this. You can go research a bit more.

It is a dead server, by any logic.

3 Likes

You are right, that’s a dying server.

And I see your logic for changing servers. It’s obviously not your fault, Blizzard should have made more servers at the beginning and increase their number steadily, instead of making a few and then bursting the number in a few days.

You are an experienced player, you know Blizzard is not gonna bother in your personal case. But if I were you, I wouldn’t let their mistakes ruin your Classic experience, specially when you have waited so long for it.

Reroll in another server. You know the game, you are a fast leveler, you’ll catch up soon enough. I know that 1 month sounds like a lot of time “wasted”, but in the long run, it’ll mean nothing. You still have time to catch up with a good guild to do MC and Ony. You still can be ready for phase 2 and the World PvP that’ll come with it. And then phase 3, etc.

Many people are leaving and some servers are dying. But many of us are having a great experience with WoW Classic and will remain here quite some time (remember what has happened with pservers).

I think I’ll be hitting 60 in mid-late october…around 10 days played I guess. Probably sounds a lot to you, but I’m savouring the game, doing quests that I know aren’t worth the time, leveling my professions, etc. And I’m pretty sure I’ll do my MC and Ony, have my PvP gear ready for Phase 2, etc. You can catch me easily in one month. I’m not the best player out there, but I did get my Grand Marshall gear back in the day, so I’m not useless either. In one month you can be enjoying the game as much as I do.

And eventually, Blizzard will do something about the dying servers and you’ll be able to transfer your current main toon.

1 Like

Thank you for being emphatic. The server, just as I have foreseen, is more dead now compared to when I made this topic. A lot of those level 10s that were advocated to get level 60 soon just left the game as I have suggested and not so many new people made it to 60. Luckily, I got into the only guild regularly raiding on the alliance side. (there was no such a guild but all those level 60s sitting in IF bank came together and decided to make a guild to raid)

My biggest problem with rerolling on a new server is that, I have taken 3 weeks off work to play classic and from now on I have to both work and I have a phd dissertation next year. So if I reroll right now, it will probably take me way too long to get 60 again and I will be a filthy casual for the rest of the time.

I planned my journey beforehand and I got 60, got exalted with a lot of reps etc. in the meantime. I don’t think I can realistically get all these again on a new server.

I will stick around here as long as my guild keeps raiding and try to persevere through this.

But @Blizzard: can you acknowledge and address the problem and actually tell us what your plans are to resolve this?

“Your” Being who’s advice? Blizzard’s? Are you freaking serious?

Oh my dear, sweet, child. I can tell you are very new to this game and how Blizzard works, don’t worry, you’re already slowly starting to learn

Mate, you completely embarrassed yourself in this thread, I would hide in a cave after a thread like this if I were you

The Irony is killing me here

I’m still waiting for a reply to my question in the previous thread, don’t think I’ve forgotten about you, go there and reply to my questions.

Now.

I’ve been on holiday, but exploiters have been punished. They got bans.

We do have more lvl 60s but its still a fraction compared to other servers. The economy is dead I have vendored more stuff then I sold on the AH.
I have hopes but they aint high.

I would love love love to get paid transfers. Me and two friends want to join our other group on another server.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve only played once since you made that post. This was when I logged in on Sunday afternoon just gone:

https:// imgur .com/aC14zU2

Dunno if it helps but everyday in the ingame submit a suggestion thing I write “paid realm transfer”

1 Like

Paid transfer needs to come sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

They should get paid transfers! I consider stop playing because of the same reason. They should put it in Phase 2 or it will be stupid.
Losing players cause of this

He’s right, Dragonfang is even worse.

You asked us to transfer here with promises that weren’t kept, and then you opened transfers to 5 other servers a week later completely screwing over the people who already moved.

YOU OWE US

If ActiBlizzard is all about profit, which is seems to be by the way it has acted over the years, then it would make sense for them to allow paid transfers. They’d make a heap of money. 🤷