[Pandaria] [Event] 3rd Celestial Fist Tournament

Tournament Discord (joining is optional!)
https://discord.gg/abwXMG7

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/597375625237495810/614852333188153364/unknown.png
Arena Plan
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/597375625237495810/614853579400020004/unknown.png

Date and Time

Date: Sat, 31 August 2019 (Try to be available the day after in the event of too many participants!)
Time: From 19:00 realm time (participants, please try to show up early!)
Faction: Neutral

Rules

Pandaria Martial Arts Tournament Rules

Brackets:

Novice = Less than 5 years of combat and martial arts experience.

Intermediate = More than 5 years of combat and martial arts experience, less than 20.

Master = More than 20 years of combat and martial arts experience.

The tournament works with single-elimination rules. Contestants within each bracket will be pitted against each other in one on one fights. Winners move on to face each other. This continues until there is only one winner left from each bracket.

Fight Rules:

Contestants gain points from techniques and strikes that make proper contact with the opponent’s torso. 3 points results in a victory, and removing your opponent from the fight’s bounds results in an instant victory. Receiving a point will be announced by the referee.

(Simple roll combat. First roll is for initiative, higher roll wins. Attacking roll vs. defensive roll in turns. If attacking roll is higher, the attacker receives a point. 100 roll results in instant elimination of the opponent. Attacker/defender rolling 1 results in a free point for the opponent.

To prevent the fights from taking forever thanks to RNG, defense rolls from (and including) 5th bout onwards will have an increasing minus modifier of -10 to them. This will be tracked by the referees to make it easier on the participants.

Non-monk, pandaren martial artists are allowed to participate, but their rolls have a -20 handicap against monks if the monk is using chi.)

Strikes to the head, neck and crotch are forbidden, along with causing permanent damage to your opponent. Chi is only allowed for defensive, manoeuvrability and speed increasing techniques. If the fight gets out of hand, the referee is allowed to stop it. The use of armour is also forbidden.

Current Participants

Novice Bracket

• Akiho Jadeleaf
  • Erithur Brightsong
  • Jakoz Markovic
  • Khaltarr
  • Krust Gronnbreaker
  • Soirane Summerdawn (Soirane-DarkmoonFaire)

Intermediate Bracket

• Adrian Dawson (Valkarius)
  • Blossom Wilts
  • Droople Gabblewrench
  • Eridu (Eridu-Draenor)
  • Fan Fireblush
  • Norwind Sparkspinner
  • Okiba Spearbreaker
  • Viaria Silentrest (VĂ­aria)

Master Bracket

• Azrael Bloodshard
  • Deedi Dirgefuse
  • Liususuke
  • Mao “Redfist” Siniang (SĂ­niang)
  • Poau
  • Sun Chu-Long
  • Tarruk Kegstride
  • Zalthan Ironjaw

Alliance: Krasarang, Xiuyun; Horde: Madamyun

13 Likes

I am still looking for co-organizers and refrees!

For those interested, there is a discord specifically for these tournaments!
https://discord.gg/abwXMG7

1 Like

Very cool! Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As always it means something special to me to see events like this from pandaria :pray:t3: I will do my best to be there all depends my work schedule.
Wonderful initiative!:star:

1 Like

Count this Orc in!

I’ll join the discord when I get back next weekend!

Please take care that there are three brackets again: Novice, Intermediate and Masters!

Please click on Rules, read the bracket descriptions, and with that knowledge clarify what you’re signing your character up for!

Furthermore, we will be once again expecting more than single strike, dodge and similar kinds of boring emotes. We’re bringing monks to a monk tournament and the rules are laid out for emote combat for a reason!

Here’s an example of the quality of emotes we would like to see - as always, this length isn’t mandatory as much as the attention to detail whilst still keeping things relatively fast-paced!

Shuang lifts her hands before her where she holds them in loose fists as she eyes over her opponent, all the while hopping from foot to foot, her steps light and nimble. In a sudden burst of motion and speed, she closes the distance and sends two quick jabs at his/her face with chi trailing behind the strikes to distract him/her. Soon after she twists herself into a powerful leap to slam the top of her foot into his/her head.

Bonus points if you can figure out how a refree should react to this emote and why!

I strongly recommend digging into kung fu flicks for inspiration!

2 Likes

Droople would enter in the Intermediate category, unless someone took offence, or seemed upset, or would really rather Gnomes stuck to their tinkering and left the martial arts to bigger folk, or…

I love all of the Pandaren-based events that are popping up as of lately, keep up the good work!

Scroll suuuuuper far down in that post!

Also, Kegstride pinged me. He wants that title :eyes:

P.S.: A gnome fought him for that title, too.
P.P.S.: We’re trying to figure out how to bring some pandaren merchants on board! Any ideas? Know any?

1 Like

Count me in for the intermediate brackets. If anything changes because of my work schedule, I’ll let you know well in advance.

I would like to participate, probably in the Novice bracket since timelines are weird and I wouldn’t want to tread on anyone’s toes.

Dis gonna be fun.

1 Like

Depending on if the Leaf will attend, Chieun may sign up as well (for her own reasons).

We will know closer to the set date, I imagine.

1 Like

I’d love to sign up with my belf monk Thieseli. In the Novice bracket, I reckon, to get a feel for everything, and it makes best sense for the moment, imo.

1 Like

Any Pandaren roleplayers out there who are also merchants, we’d love for you to attend! What’s a tournament without street food?

3 Likes

Hmm, is this only for users of Pandaren monk abilities? Luci here practices a adapted Monk style, using the Light instead. Would he be allowed to compete?

Edit- I’m aware his fighting style sounds awfully mary sue-ish, but bear with me :slight_smile:

While I applaud that and will be the first to say that I am a proponent of creativity and new ideas that work within the frame of World of Warcraft, I have to say that calling on the Light is missing the point in chi. It’s safest to bring forth the pandaren monk arsenal. Plus the use of Light is forbidden anyway - too dangerous for the audience.

1 Like

First off, thanks for the compliment :slight_smile:
You make a good point, I suppose it is a -monk- tournament, and monks in Warcraft can’t really be separated from Chi. In that case I’ll most likely come along as a spectator, would be interesting to see how other people fight using different styles at any rate :smiley:

1 Like

One month’s time! We’re still in need of a few more referees! If anybody would like to volunteer as advertiser, that would be great too!

2 Likes

So, my official sign up!

Okiba - intermediate bracket!

Very much looking forward to this!

1 Like

Hello!

Erithur - Novice Bracket.

Let’s hope that I get a bit further than first round this time :wink:

Looking forward to it!

2 Likes