Patch 8.2.5: Calia Menethil

Why? Just why? Why didn’t they forget her?

Cause everybody wants a light infused royal undead M I L F. They should give give her some tiger lingerie and rename her into smexy mumma.

So this way when you show yourself in public alongside her you will feel like that kid embarrassed by his awkward mother in a city mall.

Cause you know we gotta keep the trend of sad and shameful horde members. FINALLY WE HAVE SOLVED THE HORDE IDENTITY CRISIS!

If they were to bring her back in an expansion focused on Sylvanas she should’ve been alive and united all the Lordaeron human organisations to take back their home, while lobbying Anduin for it. A mouthpiece to point out why the Alliance shouldn’t let all the bad the Forsaken have done go and also why the Forsaken don’t like the Alliance.

Also she should’ve had an actual reason to stay away, rather than not caring about her people, living or dead, until a windchime told her it was a way to make her bad dreams go away.

4 Likes

Yikes. Ok…

If they were to bring her back in an expansion focused on Sylvanas she should’ve been alive and united all the Lordaeron human organisations to take back their home, while lobbying Anduin for it. A mouthpiece to point out why the Alliance shouldn’t let all the bad the Forsaken have done go and also why the Forsaken don’t like the Alliance.

Also she should’ve had an actual reason to stay away, rather than not caring about her people, living or dead, until a windchime told her it was a way to make her bad dreams go away.

Maybe she’ll play a role with the Scarlets. Wasn’t there a datamined Scarlet scenario for 8.2?

There was some Scarlet stuff in 8.1 or 8.1.5 PTR with pamphlets complaining that Calia is undead. There’s also that weird Scarlet Monastery questline where even as Alliance you go save a Dark Ranger but I think that was thankfully scrapped.

She might have had an interesting intro story in the book but she’s had only a tiny amount of time in game only in the priest legion campaign.

She’s not known by hardly anyone in game, she’s never shown up till legion and was a forgotten character since WC3 ? no-one really knows her and they don’t even know what Sylvanas did to her or the fact the Naaru raised her as lightforged. All pretty massive story lines which have been left out of game and instead put in canon books which hardly any player read.

If they try and shove her into BFA it’s just going to be rushed and a massive cluster f@#k jamming her into the game now. Maybe we’ll see her in the next expansion if it’s a death themed one.

doubt she become a new leader for forsaken, if something happens to Sylvanas, I got a feeling nathanos takes over, or lilian. heck even the lichking taking over would make more sence than Calia.

Calia might become as other said a new race lightforged undead, most likely for Alliance, probably due to Forsaken spitting up, where some follows their new leader and some follows Calia and joins the alliance.

Calia is the obvious candidate for the next Warchief. Her royal blood will make her an ideal ruler in no time at all. She has compassion for all, even lower races like the Horde. She is “similar, but better”, compared to the Forsaken. Similar enough to feel like kind of one of them, better, because she just is. And as soon as the devs write that everyone in the game world loves her, everyone in the game lore will love her.

I for one welcome your new undead overlord.

*Might contain hints of sarcasm

But really… her model doesn’t really lend itself as a baseline for a new allied race. And her character was very clearly neutral to Alliance leaning. Leading the Forsaken could only be arranged if the factions would be removed/made redundant for the future. Apart from this… her plot is a plot of Naaru meddling. She doesn’t need to lead any player race to have places to go in the story.

2 Likes

While talking updated models, why the hell did the Meme Troll get an update before Rokhan???

3 Likes

she is queen of blight infested ruins of a kingdom that doesnt excist anymore.
She is not queen of undercity/forsaken.

1 Like

I for one welcome an allied race that actually looks good. Calia looks hot, that alone makes me wish that she creates an allied race like Alleria did. The story is already ruined anyway, you’re like 3 years late, so I don’t really care if she is an abomination of the lore (which she isn’t).

3 Likes

Yup that’s true.
Remember the Chinese WoW version where the Forsaken had no bones showing up ?
Some players did asked that version, to be implemented in the game.

Also, has anyone thought, what will be the concequences for Sylvanas actions ?
There was Garrosh, there was Sylvanas and part of me thinks there will not be a third, this time.

I posted a few months ago, a topic named:

Quote:
"Morgan added what I felt was the most interesting view I’ve heard from any developer when it comes to Sylvanas: “With the Sylvanas aspect, there are two sides here: People in the Saurfang / Baine camp and the people who are with Sylvanas.”

“Put yourself in the shoes of someone in the Horde. They’ve known nothing but conflict for over 20 years. They believe that Sylvanas is the person who will bring an end to this. She’s the one who can unite the Horde in ways it’s never been before. You can see how people would want that. They might think, “I would like to know peace, please. Sylvanas will get us there.” The people know what Baine and Saurfang and Thrall lead to – it’s just the same conflict they’ve seen. Sylvanas is bringing something no one’s ever brought before. So it’s interesting to see different sides of that. She has a plan.”

From Yagarr lv120 Orc DK:
“So apparently, Thrall, Baine, and Saurfang represent never-ending conflict to a significant portion of the Horde, whereas Sylvanas represents peace.”

So, I think, even Sylvanas is forcing things to go in the way they are going.
Thrall is back and he did talked with Jaina in a way that basically apologies for his actions, something he never done before.

One faction anyone ?

Also:

I agree.

Now the question, where does a faction in which the majority of players, plays a Elf, belong to ?

Cheers.

I see it now. He’s popular with the fans so they’ll make him leader of the trolls. It all makes sense now.

I like her model, but for some reason the pants and boots look somewhat strange. I can’t really wrap my head around it, but when I see them I think of the late 18th century.

He is losing popularity by the day. And if the story elements and priorities are defined by this kind of blatant fan service, no wonder the story is going as it is.

2 Likes

Maybe in the story forums but a quick cinematic appearance will probably change the majority feeling of the remaining playerbase.

You mean evil Horde/Sylvanas isn’t what the fans want?! :scream:

Oh no you didn’t !

4 Likes

no name super recent char leader of darspear instead of voljin as loa/ghost/wahetever or rokhan who has been there since wc3.
dont hate him but rokhan should be the racial leader over him imo

4 Likes

I reckon Calia and Derek are going to be inserted as the new leaders of the Forsaken after Sylvanas and Nathanos officially get booted from the Horde, which is sort of inevitable at this point. Blizzard will make the forsaken a mix of normal and lightbound undead, releasing the latter as a Horde Allied Race.

It’d be a crummy development, but the only one I can see them doing.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo starts throwing popcorn

2 Likes