PCU-anti-PCU conflict and why it kills normal RP on Argent Dawn

Then what does?
Any attempt at finding a middle ground is doomed from the start.

If I had an idea myself, I would have voiced it. But the problem that I brought up in my latest post(And a few times in posts above) still persists. And actively harms just random, regular players of the server.
I would not claim if the idea of sitting down and finding a middle ground is doomed or not. Because I never took time to research the said conflict from bottom to the top. I just hope one day it will be settled in one way or another, before community eats itself alive. Because I’ve seen so much RP communities from other games dying because of OOC drama and it just makes my heart bleed. With how much I love WoW as a place to RP in.

1 Like

I doubt this will happen, but, on the bright side

I also doubt this will ever happen.

So, you win some you lose some.

1 Like

wow is dead and blizzard is currently killing themselves, only thing left to do is wait for the league mmo

3 Likes

I remember Cathan’s trial

well one of them at least lol

1 Like

OP raises valid points, though.

He would never play the weeb game. Might be waiting for that new amazon thingy though. If he did make the big bucks on dodgecoin then the closed beta with pre-order makes sense.

New World?

Yeah that one

I don’t really have anything personal against Perroy or anyone else in the PCU. I think the foundation of the PCU was a bad decision, the PCU will always be divisive by virtue of its nature, and that division will end up draining more life out of AD than would otherwise be the case. I only posted here partly to put forward an opinion no-one else was putting forward and partly to correct the record on the circumstances of the PCU’s formation. I don’t enjoy being one voice speaking against an orchestra of PCU voices, so I doubt I’ll have much more to say here.

My recollections about the beginning of the PCU are obviously cast in the context of conversations both Perroy and I were involved in. I don’t mean to imply that I had an oversized role at that time. As I said, I was only one of many voices telling Perroy that creating a semi-closed RP community and naming it after himself was a bad idea.

5 Likes

Miscommunication is at the heart of most problems.

Very true.

Would be cool but I’d still struggle with certain headcanons and cringey ideas like the whole uldum agrabah thing.

True.

We’re actually way past that point. I’m sorry. This big dumb “conflict” with all its friction, manifactured fuel and entirely irreconcilable differences has already rotted deep into the core of what it is to participate on AD and I believe it may well survive the server itself with WoW refugees continuing the cycle in new games, chats and social media because the world is stupid.

Goodnight, wacky old forum.

2 Likes

Wrall, out of curiosity, you have any plans to return on WoW with your guild?

good thread great read keep it up folks :+1:

an online roleplay grudge will survive any and all nuclear fallout, that’s for sure

5 Likes

Goodnight, wacky old Levey.

Yes we’ve figured by now

There is nothing divisive about a collection of guilds creating high-quality roleplay with intertwined storylines and shared campaigns. People can join PCU guilds and never have to OOCly interact with any of the larger crowd; in that it’s like any other RP guild. What is divisive is people proudly declaring how they ignore over 300 people—and actively instructing others to do the same—because of something they read in Trade chat or heard from a friend of a friend

“I don’t enjoy having to deal with the consequences of talking smack about hundreds of people”

Having extremely basic requirements of not sexting in a PG13 game must be a high bar to clear

“Perroy’s Cinematic Universe” was a mocking name for the community used by others that was later adopted as the official name because it was somewhat funny + owned the people who made it up in the first place

5 Likes

What consequences?

Those same people replying to you, unless “an orchestra of PCU voices” meant something else

I don’t really consider that a ‘consequence’ that I have to ‘deal with’.

t. man doomed to stay up at 3 AM and reply to everyone who quotes his posts

I’m cursed with the gamer / unemployment sleep schedule whichever way