PCU-anti-PCU conflict and why it kills normal RP on Argent Dawn

It’s not every fandom fellow mind you, but the things I’ve seen them do to people often paints a negative image in my head.

I don’t get this. In my mind if a person ever told me who I can or can’t RP with I would immediately tell them to don’t do that or just not talk to them again if they continued.
It’s such a selfish thing to do telling people who they can or can’t interact with.

Also do you actually truly think that if the PCU stopped using that tag and let’s say used a different tag or no tag at all that these people wouldn’t just say “former PCU” or something else/worse and just continue as usual? Because if you do I don’t think you’ve been on this server for very long.

9 Likes

They did say they left not long after entering if I’m not mistanken.

In an ideal world stuff like the PCU and Anti-PCU didn’t exist but here we are.

I don’t get the branding of an entire group of people when from my own interactions and experiences on the forums mostly have people I’d loved to meet in-game and people who I would just outright slap onto ignore as I wouldn’t like to interact with.

Like a normal person y’know.

The problem is not in the tag PCU, as without it (or in the ~before times~) they just used some other descriptor for it, e.g. Rotgarde/Grim Gest people. Removing the tag will do nothing, but apparently has been a necessity in some cases (ppl getting whispered that they should’ve put PCU as a tag so ppl would know to stay away from them or something?).

The better option would just be to hold terrible people accountable regardless of their affiliation and ignore any sort of guild tag on top of them. It may help you to be more aware of certain traits (and this is moreso speaking generally) ascribed to the particular group, but largely unnecessary.

Also, calling both the PCU or anti-PCU fandoms is a bit weird and incorrect anyway, but any blind tribalism is unhealthy anyway.

3 Likes

Its 100‰ these people that are the sole problem. It would geniuenly be realm peace if they stopped what they are doing.

2 Likes

so the very positive and harmless experience of 350+ people should be ruined in favour of a loud minority of hateful loudmouths? I really can’t get behind that.

It adds something substantial to a lot of other peoples’ experience.

3 Likes

They can’t be sure if it adds anything to their experience because people they RP with have made all PCU guilds off limits apparently.

I think it kinda tells you haven’t been on Argent Dawn for a long length of time.

Argent Dawn has been the biggest roleplay server since as long as I can remember, I remember so far back as late wrath were people would trash talk it on the Sha’tar “ah, it’s filled with elitists don’t go there.” Your comment about other servers being happy, wonderful and also really friendly doesn’t stick my friend. People dropped Defias Brotherhood for unpleasant reasons and the Sha’tar very much had a murky underbelly.

A lot of people started roleplaying in their teens and thus drama has happened over the years born out of people’s youth and genuine grievences. The AD of today is infinitely more benign than it used to be, I wager these people who have told you to avoid the PCU - if they were around for this long - likely took part in the witch hunts, gossip and drama of yesteryear. There are people who literally had to stop playing for their own health because they got -that- invested in the vitriol.

People got bullied, chased away and ostracised long before the PCU got here. And it will continue to happen right up until the last private RP server dies because ultimately you get some pretty wretched people who sit in any community. And you saying:

Reeks of igorance and being disingenious at best.

17 Likes

“you seen the forum drama? Don’t go there, its bad, there’s a lot of bad”

“Only I can tell you the horrors of AD”

1 Like

i will not give you the guild back unless i have a 500 word essay by tomorrow on how badly you are in love with the High Rock

u recieve one piece of A4 smeared in what appears to be nutella

1 Like
2 Likes

Muchly so.

2021 AD is almost like some kind of hippie community in comparison.

ffs stormdogs

Never forget.

1 Like

No Alice, it never happened. This place was an eden of roleplay prior to the…

:cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: thunder and lightning :cloud_with_lightning:

PCU

6 Likes

stares at you with dead :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:anti-amarae :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: eyes

ffs

stormdog

:neutral_face:

1 Like

Unironically surprised you’re still around. But yes, things were heated back then as well.

Get real.