PCU, why is it so hated? Serious discussion

Yes, Lord Vader, sorry Lord Vader.

… and that’s a good thing (here’s why)

Because the server has entered a state where OOC infighting / unpleasant OOC tactics (griefing rival guilds on alts, posting personal information, etc) are very common and it’s much more fun to play in a community that follows one singular code

We have effectively no drama between guilds and we run some of the most ambitious events / campaigns around - all in a enviroment that is super conductive to people’s fun / enthusiasm

You don’t have to join - nobody can force a guild on you. In that sense, I’m not sure why you should complain about other people’s choices - are you paying their subs?

Bad news, my friend

Canon events don’t exist as a concept. An event is only ever canon to the groups that accept it as canon (unless they’re based directly on Blizzard lore)

To think otherwise is a fundamental misunderstanding of how RP works. The PCU has it’s own canon - as every guild - but the high level of interconnection / communication means our story is an incredibly wide and rich tapestry

Well, I’m unlikely to have a personal issue with Perroy. I love that guy!

You know that I’m just a normal player as you are - and your capacity to create RP is the exact same as mine? I’d prefer if you stopped deifying me like this - I’m a good Christian boy, after all

I’m not sure what you suggest. Should we lower our RP output or perhaps kick loads of our members?

I’m sorry that the PCU is just so good that it threatens the very future of the free peoples of this server

Your one like just about sums up who’s really worried about the PCU growing

8 Likes

Acting like what you said proved anything and if your totally flawed take even added any legitimate discussion to this thread

See my response above. It’s not that hard to figure out, though with the type of people that tend to alt post, I suppose I can understand the difficulty

1 Like

I’m sure you do.

What?!
The last time I remember someone pulling this stuff (thank you mama blizz for reminding me that a swear is a swear) they basically became a universal pariah on the server. How bad have the guilds gotten?

On the Perroy worship by the PCU: They’re messing around. Nothing harmful about that.

I see you’re absolutely fuming

It is because of this very state that the PCU exists in the first place, you could say it’s the only logical conclusion . . .

Yes just ignore it nothing serious about it just ignore it now

1 Like

all hail the mighty perroy

1 Like

You just saw Vaxir do just that like 20min ago so I guess like imagine that but instead of one " roleplayer " it’s a guild

We worship only one man: my true hidden master, Gobbert/Tony

[falls to one knee]

5 Likes

Want to point out, I’m not even IN the PCU. I have however been able to enjoy their events.

The thing is you don’t need to give yourself this title or that title. Just be a decent person and if you feel the desire to get involved in a PCU event, they’ll fit you in.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s time to join. Let me open the gates of the Garden of Eden for you my friend

Everyone thinks Perroy is the sole making of all these events and that every little detail goes past him to ensure that the prime details are all controlled by him.

That’s false.
Town crier roleplay? He had little to no input on this. Just minor things he request I change regarding some details of some guilds. However, aside from those minor things, he has had no input on town crier roleplay.

This goes for a number of role-play events that happen within the PCU. Might come as a shock that we aren’t ‘mindless drones’

7 Likes

it’s kinda neat here the grass is pretty green

I’ll level with you. I haven’t read this thread in its entirety yet.

PERROY! THIS IS A 12+ FORUM! DO NOT BRING THAT FILTHY BEDROOM TERMINOLOGY HERE! HOW DARE YOU!

Only on the condition I’m the Príncess ™ of the PCU. I might let you talk me down to Prínce. Maybe.

There are substantially better things to do with your limited time on this planet

6 Likes

You can call yourself whatever you want as long as it isn’t “Perroy” / you do cool roleplay / are less insufferable than my friend Railcraft

2 Likes

Why can’t people live and let live like smh…
You don’t enjoy the pcu ? Fine, just look the other way and d oyour own thing… Or try to just keep it ic, rp with them and keep it as that, and have fun. We don’t need a fractured community.

2 Likes

counteroffer: I get to occasionally say ‘excuuuuuuse me PRINCESS’

1 Like

Quite certain that is what most of us are preaching.

Ooft. I’ll take it.