PCU, why is it so hated? Serious discussion

What? Role-play as dragons?

Yeah. I got no issues with void elves either. And I was the town crier shouting out anti-void elf stuff.
I have an issue with bad void elf players, who pretend that they exist in a bubble, hate any conflict or character building and are generally trying to role-play as ‘pretty purple humans’, instead of a race that hears whispers of the void…

Void elves though? Nah, there is a lot of great potential behind them waiting to be explored.

2 Likes

No you don’t

Are those the individuals you try to doxx via the tumblr posts you link around? Can you reply to my post earlier with regards to that? Super interested to hear what you think the line is

The kind of RP you did on that character would get you suspended and was entirely against the terms of service as well as being extremely public

You’re the one missing the point - you are a guy with 0 introspection at least as far as these forums go. People reply to you in a certain way because all your posts are meandering, self-indulgent walls of text that try to sound smart but end up using words that don’t even exist. You’re always kind of stand-offish but also always surprised when people are similarly stand-offish back

Yeah which was incredibly weird

Oh yeah?

Exactly (apart from there’s no “despite” in the case of our draconic friend here)

11 Likes

At least you admit it these days take care man

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re trying to prove here. That I should have seen this coming because I’m not super nice with the PCU? Or that I deserved it because of it?

Either way, I’m sure you can see the difference between people saying “yeah, you’re an idiot” and people going “you’re actually the worst category I can think of in the server and I mean it”. The first is rude - and has happened over the years, but it’s part of the ‘fair’ drama. The other, instead, is not; it’s really trying to cast a bad reputation on people on the basis that you’re not on cool terms with them.

Not really. I have been discussing with 20/30 people from the PCU for years - and while they’ve often been rude, slander is a whole other affair.

3 Likes

Haha sure thing man I remember a decade ago when the PCU was founded . . .

1 Like

I am saying that typically people will respond to you in a similar way that you speak with them. If you’re doing your broken common forum intellectual routine to do some meandering snipe at someone, the thread will be you getting replied for the next however many minutes

Maybe if you tried a new posting style that wasn’t so desperate for responses you’d have a better time of it (but it’s obvious you don’t want that)

Pot / kettle

2 Likes

But you do agree that said behavior was disproportionate?

This is really the first time I explicitly accused the PCU of bullism against me; if it was because of 20 people saying to me “you’re an idiot” I would have done so ages ago and with more substantial examples.

2 Likes

You consider it disproportionate because you are an individual (apparently with very few friends posting on the forum willing to join you on your hill of choice) posting obsessively against a community of several hundreds. You will obviously get more responses - but it’s obvious that that is your desire

“bullism” is not a real word

I think you’d be delighted if 20 people paid you attention

3 Likes

I’m not posting obsessively: it just happens that a lot of the PCU love to reply to me and they’re very active on the forums (you have what, 4-5 active threads right now?)

Overall, I just think you have a bad image of me and tbh I don’t care enough to try to make you change that idea.

But nice try to completely dodge the topic at hand.

3 Likes

Athramus, like Vaxir, has a knack for somehow entering threads and derailing it about themselves for a good hundred posts or so.

Where can one learn such power?

6 Likes

determination

1 Like

Tbh I have actually tried to avoid the “me” topic during the thread. The PCU just targets’ people image in discussions, it’s kinda their thing.

Honestly dude, the victim complex doesn’t work. Take it from a non-pcu guy, your posts generally come across as argumentative mental gymnastics, wherever PCU folk are posting you tend to pop up eventually.

12 Likes

No doubt there are people that do Void Elves a disservice, and they are out in force by virtue of the race being “the new black” and the closest we are likely ever to get to High Elves. Which does show in their RP.

In the spirit of fairness however, it is utter drivel to lay the blame of Stormwind’s state of RP squarely on Void Elf RP. I know that wasn’t what you said Diamantia, but I have actually seen that claim crop up more than once, and it leads into why some of us tend to seek our RP in those bubbles you mention.

Between being meme’d as a detriment to an entire RP hub’s quality and said hub in actuality being cringeworthy on its own merit, there is little incentive to go there in the first place as a somewhat serious Void Elf RPer.

It’s an uphill battle that ultimately doesn’t live up to the RP you can find within a group, community, guild, or in nonadvertised inter-guild RP. So that’s where most of the serious Void Elf RP happens from my experience, and looking for it in Stormwind should be tempered with the appropriate set of expectations in advance. :woman_shrugging:

I disagree. People have a bias towards agreeing with the majority and they will be inclined to read the forums/discussions in such a way, especially if they have the memes on their side.

If you look closely in last discussions, imo, it was clear who had the upper hand.

You could’ve started with that, you know

3 Likes

especially if they have the memes on their side.

But how come noone is agreeing with you then?
Seeing as how your obsessive posting is the biggest meme in this thread.

4 Likes

It’s for a similar reason i avoided Kalimdor roleplay for a long while.

2 Likes

I can’t believe PCU managed to weaponize memes and sh :poop: posts for forum battles…

Yeah, I don’t think admitting getting owned by memes is doing much PR management tbh.