PCU, why is it so hated? Serious discussion

I am quite lucky in that, while I like to keep my online life separate from my personal life, I won’t have many severe consequences from being doxxed.

I know for a fact that there are people in this community for whom that isn’t true.

How dare you treat the safety of marginalised people with such contempt, Vaxir.

11 Likes

If one sees smoke, it is generally a good idea to avoid the fire!

It is down to your interpretation as to where that smoke comes from.

2 Likes

It’s extremely easy to create smoke without fire

edit: @vaxir any response btw?

9 Likes

As one can see.

To insert my two-penneth, blogs like this are a blight on roleplay communities. Roleplayers lament was just an elitest crudfest :poop:‘ing on your average roleplayer back in the day. And this new spate of random RP drama blogs (not gunna name em’ cuz they aint worth the time of day) really do nothing for the community.

All they’ve ever really done is ferment division and spawn cruddy drama, either by just spawning pointless goss’ or by a circle-:eggplant: :sweat_drops: . Then, you need to wonder about what sort of person actively runs and administers a drama blog for an RP community (lol).

8 Likes

This can go round in circles, continuously.

If you want to take COAD seriously, please remember it is ran by people who consider themselves a threat to anyone who doesn’t toe their line.

They literally hide in discords waiting for something they can make look worse than it is.

It is just a person (Or persons) hiding behind anonymity to try and stir up drama.

If you like varied Roleplay with a whole bunch of different characters, give the PCU a shot. Or don’t, there is plenty of space on the server for everyone.

3 Likes

When you hate a community to the extent that you play defense for a guild with credible allegations of sexual assault spanning the past 10 years, you need to stop and rethink your life.

Ditto for Vaxir thinking that it is a credible source for anything and trying to expand its reach.

7 Likes

Seek out the former guild leader of the Ceaseless Cohort, guy can probably provide his hot take

Looks at thread title

Oh, absolutely not. I’m staying out this time. Peace out.

4 Likes

Oh my god, I hated that bloody website.
Do you remember the livejournal Warcraftsues? The arrogance to make a big thing about sharing these TRPs and adding your witty MST3K-style comedy when you yourself are mediocre. I wish I could have such self-esteem.

2 Likes

Vaxir, can you please respond to my post earlier with regards to you posting personal information on these forums

3 Likes

There’s some historical OOC behaviour that’s given the Rotgarde a bit of a rep and I think that’s carried through to the entire PCU as a result (which is unfortunate but somewhat understandable, given who it’s run by). Some people cling to grudges more than others, and AD loves a good bit of drama so things get blown way out of proportion. Being 100% transparent, I don’t really get on with them but given how infrequently I RP I don’t believe that makes the slightest bit of difference to either of us, and that’s OK.

But they create a ton of RP, most importantly -organised- RP (people like to bang on about going with the flow but honestly the most fun RP takes a lot of OOC nonsense in place to make), and AD wouldn’t be anywhere near as interesting a place without them. So, y’know. Don’t let other people (or vitriolic anonymous blogs) form your opinions, interact and see if they’re for you first.

That Vaxir also contributed to, FWIW.

2 Likes

it’s safe to say he has evacuated friend

i need to poop

4 Likes

Funny how she always complains when someone talks back to her.

Then we’re suddenly all a big meanie.

Na. Only “big meanies” are the doxxers tbf.

So… COAD.

3 Likes

Well well well

That’s such a crazy thought - why would a player of Vaxir’s roleplay ability contribute to a blog commenting on the quality of other roleplayers. It beggars belief

Yeah and then they weirdly stop responding hoping people will forget

So you, then?

Are there any other toxic tumblr blogs you contribute to? If you need help with any personal details about me for the next submission, let me know

6 Likes

you seem to be struggling to see perroy’s posts! I get it, it’s a busy thread, but it’d be prudent to reply!

2 Likes

God, imagine priding yourself over ripping into a (what is probably) teenager’s writing when they do it for a hobby after school. Lament, Sues, ADFB, COAD. It’s all the same crud in a different coat of paint.

3 Likes