PCU, why is it so hated? Serious discussion

It’s weird, yes - but perhaps a bug. I will make sure to remind them in other threads and see if that helps next time they post. I’d really like to get to the bottom of this!

3 Likes

So when are you going to reply to perroy’s post? Today or tomorrow?

1 Like

There is only THE Truth. Any other “Truth” is only an opinion.

If we get a vote, I would like my ballot to say “today”.

What posts? :open_mouth:

the one where he asks why you’re so comfortable with spreading links containing peoples’ doxx :slight_smile:

1 Like

The ones that challenge your blasé attitude to doxing provided they are members of a community who disapprove of blatantly unsuitable material for a 13+ game, and offering proof that you are posting this content in-game.

Those ones.

2 Likes

I think I made a post about this a while back, but I feel it can’t be said enough given the amount of times I also encounter it online.

You will find that most, if not all (I have not yet got to know all of our newest members properly!) of the active Rotgarde members these days are very dear. I can’t speak for what took place x or y years ago as I was not here - but please try to look on them, and me, as individuals and not just a guild tag.

I guarantee you that most of them will be oblivious to why they are being /spat on and why they are being sent harsh and nasty whispers out of no-where.

16 Likes

[Trembles a bit in the realisation that I have become what I vehemently claim to hate]

(I am roleplaying Vaxir right now, feedback appreciated)

3 Likes

The ones regarding your selective but distinctly pro-doxxing stance. Do you support that kind of thing / think it should be a normal addition to an argument?

1 Like

Sorry, don’t see them. But I do keep my 18+ shenanigans in the right places, don’t worry. Same can’t be said for some people who like sharing 18+ stuff around on public forums as “proof” :expressionless:

By that, do you mean “Not on a 12+ platform” and in effect, not in WoW?

Hi OP, Utoobu here. There’s lots of reasons why the PCU has haters. I think it’s really bad and ugly because the PCU is actually a collective of super-swell and cool people who care about roleplay, lore, the health of the realm and just having a good time.

Unfortunately you’ll see plenty of vitriol spat their way for doing what they love so zealously. The PCU have an extremely anti-OOC and anti-ERP stances across our community and are not afraid to relentlessly hound those who would pursue these activities to the detriment of the realm as a whole, as well as our inability to back down from a good verbal spar.

The PCU is a supportive community, and many of us are on the same wavelength when it comes to opinions about RP, conduct, etc. We end up liking a lot of each other’s posts, which leads some to believe that there’s some sort of hive mind or collaboration at work. Nothing could be further from the truth - it’s simply like-minded individuals agreeing with each other, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

The popularity of the PCU has lead to a total of thirteen guilds spanning both factions, and we recently held a community-only RP-PvP event in Northrend which had around 140 active participants. It’s a very, very large community. But, with that, comes naysayers again spouting about “monopolizing realm RP”. I invite those people to offer a better product if they are truly concerned about a monopoly. We grow because we provide stability, quality, and variety.

With the above comes a high demand for quality in one’s roleplay and characters (although the PCU is certainly not above helping new RPers and players alike find their footing). The PCU have a respect for the setting and the lore the likes of which I have never seen before. They craft their characters with an exceptional level of care and consideration, and have a strong distaste for RPers who cannot separate their own views and beliefs from their characters, and reject the setting and prejudices for what has been dubbed “Second Life RP”. Their characters are their own people, with their own thoughts, motivations and beliefs. This has lead some detractors who cannot separate their characters from themselves to label PCU members rather unpleasant things - just because someone plays an elf supremacist, or a totalitarian forsaken, does not mean that the person behind the keyboard is. Alas, the notion of exploring these characters and themes is lost on the detractors, who simply see “Supremacist character = Supremacist player”.

In conclusion, when you put everything together, you have a healthy and growing community which polices itself to high standards, which dearly loves their realm and exploring the lore while crafting intriguing characters. I am certain someone will scoff at this post and call me a shill, but joining the PCU was the second best decision I ever made when it comes to WoW RP. I invite you to contact us if you’re curious - I’m certain there will be at least one guild that fits what you’re looking for, and see what all the fuss is about. :slight_smile:

(Haters gonna hate, said Tay-Tay).

18 Likes

So you don’t see a problem with dropping people’s doxx? That’s crazy

How much do you have to dislike someone before you drop their doxx? Is there a handy guide?

Honestly, that is actually something pleasant to hear.

8 Likes

Indeed so. What I’ve commissioned is kept to the correct places albeit others splaying it on here for minors to see, which I don’t agree with of course.

1 Like

If they find you playing out gory and generally crazy ERP unfit for the game it’s played in then I think you’re absolutely green light ready steady go on that doxx

Very good (apart from when you posted them on the AA, but I think you’re hoping people have short memories)

Let’s speak on the matter of your doxxing players you don’t like / your involvement with tumblr blogs like “WarcraftSues”

Don’t do this for me and the Grim Gest, I can’t stress that enough

11 Likes

Sharing the blog as a source that has dropped dox and goes to the hilt to defend a guild whose GM has, amongst other things, sexually assaulted a 16-year-old girl, is an endorsement of their views and actions.

I will say again. How dare you treat these matters with such casual affectation.

8 Likes