PCU, why is it so hated? Serious discussion

Oh this I don’t know about. Where abouts?

is it true what they say… ?

3 Likes

Thank you for the detailed response. I won’t bash on the constant bickering in the thread, as it seems the norm.

This explains PCU’s side to me perfectly. I’ll continue my investigation on this community and gather other sides that, like Perroy said, aren’t “uhh, my friend’s friend told me so”.

And hey, maybe I’ll go look into all the guilds and join one of them that I find appealing.

Regarding people judging players as if they are characters, a fellow roleplayer pointed out to me that a lot of players method act their characters (and sometimes self insert) which leads to IC experiences linking to OOC, becoming hard to differentiate for them.

1 Like

It’s probably the same as it was prior to the PCU.
Perroy can be somewhat abrasive on the forums (most people were so I am sure he’s probably actually a decent guy when you get to talk to him away from them).
Accusations of downposting brigades organised by him.
Something about cliques as well IIRC.

Despite those minor complaints that people have had it’s never been denied that he’s a great roleplayer and event host who does a lot of good for the server. The good basically more than makes up for the negative aspects.

2 Likes

It’s always the same players who contribute nothing to the realm and it’s world-building that love sharing the blog, still hoping it holds an ounce of credibility.

Nobody takes that tumblr serious, come on.

1 Like

All of it is true and I don’t hide it

4 Likes

I’m going to be charitable and assume you genuinely didn’t know the long history of sexual content in the Retinue.

2 Likes

Seems Vaxir does, but what can you expect eh

Oh damn. I’d heard in passing but hadn’t actually seen THE post.

Naw, I’m outta this. Don’t like underage stuff.

If you ever link that predator-defending blog again I will drop the sky on you

4 Likes

Yet you just threw your support behind a website specifically in support of that, right?

Does it though? Hrm. I’ve looked through some of the posts which made me wretch, yes, but haven’t seen it defend them.

So you literally saw the blog is mostly a compilation of PCU stuff and just thought “ZING! this’ll show em!”

Honestly Vaxir it’s cool if you don’t like people, there are people on this server I avoid too. But that’s the thing, I avoid them, I don’t talk or interact with them. Maybe you should take a leaf outta that book instead of your routine passive-aggressive and very snide remarks to then backtrack a minute later when called out.

4 Likes

What a hill to make your last stand on. Anyway, Vaxir, let’s speak on the matter of you posting personal information re. my guildies and under what circumstances you think that’s appropriate

1 Like

I’m too much for “an eye for an eye”. But I shouldn’t be, I know.

If you don’t like PCU don’t go to their events/interact with them/acknowledge them I’m sure they don’t care in the slightest lmao.

2 Likes

You’re an idiot

8 Likes

90% of the community you attack wouldn’t even know who you are if you didn’t attack them at each chance given.

2 Likes

On the note of positivity: the PCU has undoubtedly offered me the most enjoyable, engaging and rewarding roleplay that I’ve ever experienced since I began roleplaying in WotLK as a very young (and probably quite bad) Elyrius.

I’ve never outright hated the PCU, but I was fed a lot of hearsay and rumour mongering from so-called friends that could cite no source or state no real reasoning beyond “the PCU is bad”, and in truth, I heard it so often that part of me began to believe it a little bit; if so many people agree, it must be true, right?

Fast forward about two years (I think?) and I’m leading one of Perroy’s guilds, so you should take what your friends try to tell you with a pinch of salt; most of the negative talk circulating the PCU has become a realm-wide game of Chinese whispers that never quite seems to end, and unfortunately I’m not convinced it ever will - it’s why I’m generally so quick to bust random altposter #8449’s balls when they say “PCU? Yeah, they’re BAD…”

7 Likes

hate it when you have to defend paedophiles cos you are mad at some internet gamers

5 Likes