PCU, why is it so hated? Serious discussion

No excuse for that kind of carelessness. Especially not when you think the correct response is ‘oops xd’ and not ‘I’m sorry for spreading misinformation and SA-apologia’.

4 Likes

Funny though. I used to keep to myself until the stalking / harassment / doxxing and all that. But when you argue back it just gets worse, of course.

There was a point years ago when I couldn’t RP or even post on the forums without certain people harassing me nonstop.

For why? All because I was ‘badrp’ back in the day and attacked people in Stormwind, have nude art kept away from the game? Mm…

mfw online gamer got more frans than me so gotta rev up them creeper posts

I should’ve looked properly yes and for that I apologise to the innocent people who got caught in the crossfire.

1 Like

I’m not those people; but alas, best I can offer is still a cheap Chinese bootleg.

a state i will welcome back with open arms if it means theres fewer threads you contribute to with your zany non-posts and horribly informed hot takes

See: This thread

Hey, don’t knock Chinese Bootlegs. Sometimes, you end up with something truly beloved;

https://i.redd.it/x0epxaefvkq11.jpg

I don’t support doxxing based on bad rp and nor should you.

Oh aye. People came up with all sorts of stuff not even I could stomach. I think the best one was something about wounds…

I do believe it’s still there.

Edit:

THANK YOU.

Asking for legitimate proof goes all kinds of ways. And no, taking small snippets of conversation and doing your best to put it in a bad light isn’t good proof.

I’ve always argued this. People seem to take one side though. X did this but in no way can Y have done anything bad and it’s all fake is what’s usually seen. I’ve always argued for proof since this crap started nine years ago (soon ten?) and all I’ve ever been faced with is “BUT IT’S TRUE!”. “Screenshots? No lol”.

Taken aback by the simple glory of “Reluctant Hero”, I immediately retract my statement about Chinese bootlegs.

I’m glad he found his shoes for the second outing though.

1 Like

Ok then. Let’s get serious.

“PCU gamers” will generally chalk it up to haters being haters, jealousy breeding envy, or ERPers defending their creepy hobby when feeling threatened.

I think there is validity to those observations, but I don’t think it covers the entire range of adversity these guilds face.

In no small part, I believe the issue stems from presentation. Memes, for instance, are very often injected into conversations by these guilds. In conversations that others might consider entirely serious.

As a result, the guilds can come across as pranksters by default - which clashes with their reliable advertisement of themselves as the cream of the crop in terms of RP. There tends to be a predictable pattern when these discussions arise, and the above is at this point my best estimate of why things tend to end in flames.

At the end of the day Cedil, I’d advise you to do precisely what you’ve already decided to. Go meet people (Perroy guilds and otherwise), form your own impressions of them - and ultimately pursue what makes you happy in the world of RP. It’s the reason any of us are here, I should think.

9 Likes

While I’m sure someone can post a screenshot of the crypt / the draenei, there’s no need for a screenshot of the offense people are talking about here - they can find it by scrolling up (I refer to, of course, to the post where you link personal information)

Yeah, we’re a pack of fun-loving jokers

I do believe I can recall an event where our “dear leader” removed someone from the community for being horribly cruel to you, just stop kicking the hornet’s nest I don’t think you’ll be stung anymore.

But maybe I misremembered this event?

Then I’m not too sure why you posted a link to COAD, then. It serves nobody but the people who hide behind it, considering themselves agents and “threats”.

It does not give any kind of opinion to the quality of PCU Roleplay and also includes doxx of some of its members.

ngl I’m an hour (and 158 posts) late to the party… But there is a whole tumblr to hating the PCU?

I never understood Tumblr myself, but does every little thing gets it own Tumblr? Like is there an Tumblr about Goldshire to? :thinking:

Which is why I apologised about that in the end.

No harm in checking lol

Oh, that makes it okay then.

1 Like

No you didn’t, you said “sorry to any innocent people […]” with the implication that some people deserved it

What an unfortunate way to act

4 Likes