[PCU] Worgen/Night Elf RP - Dirge of Teldrassil 🌳

North of Thunder Axe Fortress, Desolace

The kodo was dead, the guards slaughtered. Arcane spellwork had rendered Vashava invisible allowing her to slip into in the middle of the supply caravan’s idle guards, and unleash an arcane explosion in their midst. Flurries of ice shards, explosions of flame and crackling blasts of arcane lightning had rendered them dead, the merchants had fared little better, slaughtered without mercy alongside the guards. Then she called down an inferno of fire to reduce the evidence of her act to ash, before blasting the ash out into the dusts of Desolace to mix and fade, leaving no trace of the now obliterated caravan. Some would come from Furien’s Post to try and find it, but they would fail. To them, it would have faded into the wastes. Vashava would know, however. There would be no mercy until the Black Moon ended. She returned to Nijel’s point once more under a spell of invisibility, and slipped into her room in the inn, having achieved catharsis.

2 Likes

:evergreen_tree: :fire::cry:

I just realised what this guild tag meant (Googled the definition for ‘dirge’, and If that’s not subtle, honest to god, I have no idea what is)
May you have good fortunes ahead Dirge.

2 Likes

Here have a free bump. Let it be known you cannot escape me, in game or otherwise :^)

1 Like

Good evening Dirge. Is your guild still taking on good old boys?

2 Likes

We are indeed sill taking worgen.

2 Likes

We are no bending flowers, withering in the sun. Join the Dirge, bask in Elune’s moonlight and stand tall. Death to all who oppose us!

5 Likes

The Dirge committed grand theft boating with help from their gnome allies of the Assemblage of Uld and stole a warboat right out from under the filthy Hordes noses, now they are off on the high seas on the stolen ship sailing to places as yet unknown.

4 Likes

Waiting for the day you get more Worgen so we can maybe not kill each other on sight. So similar in ideals and yet so far… We’ll make the Alliance pay for not treating us right. One day.

2 Likes

Grab your glaive and put the Horde in the grave. Tyrande wants you to avenge Teldrassil.

2 Likes

Fought them once at the roots of a dead tree in Northrend. Scary bunch, but quite solid.

2 Likes

To this day… Polemus has never found sturdier allies in battle and peace.

Especially when it comes to protecting trees.

Any true child of the wilds should seek out this group.

2 Likes

The Dirge are not only scary but also a great rp guild! Are they the best rp guild in the Alliance? I don’t know I don’t play for the blue team! But they are great to interact with, good rp-pvp:ers and most importantly fun! If you play a lowb… i mean kaldorei, join them!

1 Like

Going to fight these guys in 30 minutes I can’t wait

3 Likes

Punching the human priestess in the face had done little to improve Ilistria’s mood, or lessen the anger that had built up during the battle.

The Dirge had hunted down the forsaken loyalists to the Eastern Plaguelands. They had encountered the Argents at a tower when resting the previous night and agreed to join with them to destroy the loyalists. By the following day Scarlet reinforcements called for by the Argents had joined the ranks to locate and destroy the forsaken.

Ilistria had not felt comfortable fighting alongside the Scarlets, considering the last time she had encountered them at Grizzlemaw they had tried to kill the Dirge and others of the concordat. But she also knew in order to finish the loyalists they would need more numbers than the Dirge alone had. The Scarlets were here, and with the added numbers of them and the Argents the Dirge would have a good chance of victory.

When they located the Loyalists the battle had been hard fought, Of all enemies to fight Ilistria hated the forsaken the most, Unlike living enemies they did not bleed, did not seem effected by poison, and stabbing them had little effect. Defeating an enemy that was already dead was considerably harder than one that lived.

At first the battle had gone in the Dirges favour, the loyalists surrounded, and close to breaking, but then it seemed to change, The Argents leader had fallen, and the rest of them turned and run from the field of battle, an action that allowed the forsaken to rally, The Dirge had now found themselves out numbered, and left with an ally Ilistria had never assumed she would be standing with. The Scarlets and Dirge had stood on high ground, holding the Forsaken forces for a time, but then the loyalists had used blight bombs towards the remaining forces of Dirge and Scarlets. They had been given no choice but to fall back, the Forsaken winning the day.

The Dirge had returned to the tower to tend to the wounded, there they had found the Argents that had fled. Angry words had been exchanged, Ilistria’s anger had built further, more so when the Argents had mentioned the Tree when the Dirge had been preparing to ride out again. She had seen sister Steele return to confront them and turned around to follow her.

When she got to the Tower, Kai Steele had already had words with the Argent priestess, but Ilistria was in no mood to talk, she had dismounted from her Nightsaber, walked up to the priestess and punched her full in the face, watching the weak human fall to the floor. But it had not satisfied her anger, She wanted to kill something. But the Harbinger had been clear, tonight they were not to be killed. So she had turned away, returned to her Saber and ridden off to rejoin the rest of the Dirge.

The anger would remain in her for the rest of the night, the next enemy she met would feel the full force of it, that much she was certain of.

7 Likes

This band of based nelfers are my favorite enemies to hate. If you care about your trees and want to see the Horde pay in blood join these vengeful lowbornes!

2 Likes

My time with these elves were amazing. I had a lot of fun. :hugs:

1 Like

Somewhere in Winterspring, likely near Everlook…

Vashava Nethersong sat in her laboratory’s arcane room, watching her battle-robes get repaired by enchanted tailor’s tools of of the corner of her eye, whist the majority of her focus was on the faint temporal echos she had conjured in the center of the room. Two figures, one Vashava herself, the other, Melany Ashemere, Executor of the Rotgarde. The two figures dueled atop a archway over the Gurubashi Arena, magic flying as they moved. Vashava took notes with a quill as she watched, occasionally rewinding the fight to inspect the magic at play more closely.

The Executor was better than she had previously thought. Clearly she’d been practicing since they last fought. Vashava scowled at her past self’s gloating as the Executor was twice forced to the edge of the platform, gloating rather than simply blasting her off. Hubristic, foolish of her. The Executor was the lesser mage, true enough, relying on frost magic and showing little aptitude for proper offensive spell-craft, and might not even be capable of large fire or arcane based spell, but she used the skills she did possess very well. Next time, Vashava mused, she’d obliterate the Executor without pause.

She scribbled some further notes, moving the battle backwards in time, then stopping it. The Executor had a sword… but twice tried to punch Vashava, and once barge her off the archway. She quickly moved the fight forwards to the end of the conflict, where the Executor had tried to hug her and burn her alive by combusting. Vashava scribbled some more notes. The Executor failed to use her sword.

This either meant arrogance, which was unlikely, the woman clearly knew she fought a superior opponent and had operated in a highly defensive manner, planning her attacks many steps ahead and preparing using defensive spells that could bolster the attacks. The other option: the Executor was not a good swords-woman. Vashava looked over at her spear-staff, musing. She had the height, weight and strength advantages in close combat as a Kaldorei compared to a Forsaken, even if she was poor at it herself. But she was -good- with her spear-staff, one of the few weapons she was good at using.

Vashava mused a moment, then replayed the battle in full, for what was now the fifty seventh time, not counting re-winding. The conclusion: she had come off the worse in the fight, and that was her own fault through arrogance. This was a correction she could, and would make. Furthermore, her little gift at the end would bear fruit in time, she thought, then listed her learning points:

1. Do not underestimate or gloat.
  2. You have the advantage in offensive magic and close combat. Use it.
  3. Two methods are viable: speed and close-quarters fighting, use quick spells to overwhelm the target, or long-ranged sustained firepower, obliterating the target.
  4. Use necromancy at random. Add in chaos to the fight. Do not be predictable, break her plans and patterns.

She paused paused before her last point, then watched the end of the fight several times. The Executor had tried, and nearly succeeded, in using a spell-steal on her chronoward. That spoke of a degree of competence with both the underlying theory of magic, and chronomancy. However… that could be countered as well. A careful trap could be laid, oh yes…

Vashava turned to her now repaired robes, and muttered a spell. Her wards, carefully imbued into the fabric, which had slowly repaired themselves along with the robes, projected outwards in a series of interlocking arcane traces and runes, ghosts of the complex spell-work worked into the very fabric. She waved a hand, dismissing her frost, fire, arcane and incanter’s ward’s, and intensified her chronoward’s image. She stared at it for a long time, thinking.

After an age, she snapped her fingers. Of course. Sympathetic synchronisation, coupled with an auto-modification upwards of the power. Quickly setting to work, Vashava dis-assembled her chronoward and then began threading arcane spellwork throughout it, locking in her hidden fail-safes deep in the warding itself, making it a part of the ward. Without giving up the spell-steal, the stealer would be locked into the trap.

Hours passed, until Vashava completed her spell-work. The revised chronoward was set, the three layers woven together. Smiling, she went and got some manawine. Sipping it, she mused at the notion that the Executor would be doing the same thing, analysing the fight to improve her methods and tactics. She was smart, perhaps the smartest mage she’d encountered recently outside of elven magi, and even most of them were woefully lacking. What she could have been with proper tutoring. A warlock tutor, honestly. That she could even cast a spell was a miracle, and spoke volumes of her potential.

Then again, she thought, her little gift would cause the Executor no end of annoyance and distraction, once she started exploiting it to it’s full potential. More than that, it would be one of the keys to victory. With the right poking and prodding, the correct visions and words… Vashava added another set of notes to her list:

1. Mental attacks must:
    5a) cause fear,
    5b) cause doubt.
  2. To achieve this, use displays of own power and target her soldiers.

Vashava re-watched the entire fight again, this time inspecting her posture, and had another sip of manawine. Yes, she mused. This was going to be a most enjoyable hunt.

4 Likes

This is a nice thread, you should update it sometime with what you’ve been doing.

1 Like

Another night of ritualistic sacrifices to Elune. Just Dirge things~

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/627625923306455040/748992416148750396/1edit.png

2 Likes

“I am Kai Steele, and I’m here to ask you a question. Is the Kaldorei and Worgen not entitled vengeance to the Horde? ‘No!’ says the Anduin in Stormwind, ‘There must be a ceasefire.’ ‘No!’ says the Draenei in the Exodar, ‘The light will bring peace.’ ‘No!’ says the Pandaren in Pandaria, ‘Peace must be achieved at all costs.’ I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose… The Dirge of Teldrassil, an order where the Black Moon Soldiers would not be bothered by empty promises of peace, where the strikes would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the insignificant Alliance! And with vegeance in your heart, The Dirge can become your order as well.”

6 Likes