People being banned for using the XP potion bug

The potions didn’t do this before, it was a mistake when 8.1.5 came out. Meaning, they had no reason to test it, since it had been working as intended before. Somewhere in the codes messed up (I’m guessing when they boosted the Heirlooms to 120 or something) which caused this bug to happen. This is something that is quite common in gaming. You bring out a patch, there’s bound to be bugs. Anyone who says that that’s not true is either lying, or doesn’t have the basics when it comes to game designs.

I am not sure people should have been banned if that was the case, Maybe just a rollback of all the levels they gained during this period, A ban seems a bit harsh for what is a seemingly harmless exploit.

After all people grinded the medals to buy the tokens so surely the loss of the medals was enough of a punishment.

Reach level 100 with exploit and then log in find out you are level 30 again or something and all your XP potions are gone would have been fitting i think.

1 Like

Well it’s a harder punishment to deliver a character roll-back since it whould had needed correct time stamps and nearly perfect “before and after” data. It’s way to much information to track and fix especially when it was so widely used.

When we look at currencies like residuum and AP those are pretty easy to track since they will be logged in your character info way longer. But when you level up, you also destroy/sell equip and unequip alot of gear etc.

However people who used the Ivus Exploit didn’t lose anything else then the residuum, the items they kept and any materials gained from scrapping/disenchanting the gear he dropped remained left in the bags.

If you breach ToS you have to realize that it might come back to haunt you. I’ve done it on occassion and I have found blizzard fairly reasonable when I’ve written to them about it.

Either you suck it up or explain yourself, sometimes a simple explaination are enought to dodge the repercussion. But if you have done it continously for a long period of time or very often in a short timespan, not even a explaination will be enought.

This is afterall a breach against:
(C7) Duplicated Items: Create, utilize or transact in any in-game item created or copied by exploiting a design flaw, undocumented problem, or program bug in the Platform.

Blizzard afterall count every single potion used as a single exploit, so using 20 potions at once for example are counted as 19 seperate instances.

Ever since begining of WOW Blizzard punished any bug exploits. I dont know why, after so many years, people still think they can get away with it…

1 Like

I know why. More and more entitled snowflakes around!

1 Like

Can you tell me how it works? I heard something about lv in freehold but don’t know how it work.

There’s a legendary that Havoc DH’s have that allows them to spam use EyE Beam. You can get full Artifact gear at 110-111, level your neck through IE’s, then, because of the amount of Secondaries you have, you basically become unstoppable (Especially with Leech.

A 110-111 DH can solo Freehold, pulling a high amount of DPS, so they can easily carry another 4 people.

This reminds me of a joke I saw recently on twitter that went something like

'A QA worker visits a new bar and orders 1 drink. Orders 0 drinks. Orders -1 drinks. Orders 9999 drinks. Leaves satisfied.

First real customer comes in and asks where the bathroom is. Bar explodes.’

I’ve been told that that’s what QA is really like. You can’t predict every little thing that could possibly go wrong

Haaah that’s why I sell them ( legendary ) like candy xD
70 - 80k gold. Mine friend ask me how is possible you to sell legendary now I told her I don’t know. I know now why lol

So I guess they lock lv?

Surely it should have been possible to just warn people on the launcher NOT to do this, and that it would be an offense from that message on? If they’re going to ban these people, then I think there’s been a lot more last patch that would be asking for a ban (alchemy cauldrons in drustvar comes to mind). Why only focus on these people, and give them bans in different amounts that make no sense? Then just ban noone for your own mistakes Blizz. You can’t take a few mistakes you as a company make, ban people for it, and randomly leave other screwups out.

But I guess levelling is something you can make money on, while the free alchemy consumables are not in the store…

That is a good argument to just never discuss anything that exists in the game. :+1:

You exploited a bug which is against the ToS, nothing wrong there. Enjoy your 100% justified ban.

1 Like

‘An NPC speaks’

Why are people who use npc as a insult such generic carbon copies?

Npc? Not really, i’m no npc but a genuine player.

so serious that they didn’t reply to anyone asking them if this was working as intended or a bug, for 2 days.

2 Likes

Have some critical thought for once in your life.

“teacher, you forgot to set us homework”

Having a opinion people do not agree with does not make you a great thinker.

1 Like

You can’t tell someone to have a “critical thought”, when you clearly don’t have it yourself. Are you saying exploiting a game is fine? Are you saying that people shouldn’t get in trouble for what they have done? Or, is this just another person fighting Blizzard because they’re a “speshul wittle snowflake”?