People still multiboxing

Hi. It is almost 6 am and there are 4 mages and one priest multi-boxing killing all the giants in Winterspring.

There’s no way this person is alt-tabbing all of them at once?

He just killed me with one Frost Nova and 3 Pyroblast at the same time.

Does that mean I can go back to multi-box? because one of us is losing time farming in Winterspring.

It’s bannable now if he’s using software to do it best bet is to report them let blizzard investigate. It is just the same as botting just because it’s against the rules doesn’t stop it from happening well until the punishment is given out anyway

Thank you. I reported all of them. In the mean time he is enjoying killing the giants and me.

Multiboxing is not against the tos, input broadcast software is. There are three probably explainations,

1. the doesnt care and just kept going until he gets banned
  2. he doesn’t read any forums so hasn’t read the policy change
  3. he is using 5 computers and keyboards/kvm switch which is still allowed and would look identical to someone using software to the outside observer.

Work arounds are already in place to ensure you can multibox without breaking the input broadcast software rule :slight_smile:

Most people assume that the software makers now have a way not to be discovered by Blizzards anti cheat software. Wait until Blizzard update it again and these software multiboxers are banned.

As others have said, until then just report each and every character.

Are those workarounds expressly authorized by Blizzard? If not, they are still against the rules and bannable. Also, there is no rule against input broadcasting. Blizzard simply had expressly authorized it. That authorization has been revoked, and there is absolutely no reason for Blizzard to not ban people not trying to circumvent it if they want to.

Most of those software workarounds are just mouseover windows. So there is no true multiplexors involved. It only sends a key press to what ever window is mouse over, and what people are doing is putting 5 windowed versions of wow on screen and mouse over them all individually and press what ever key you want before moving on to the next window. Rinse and repeat

Incorrect, multiboxing is not unauthorized :slight_smile: Only the multiple input broadcasting, so long as people aren’t doing that it’s A ok. No amount of word salad or opinions spoken through an authoritative tone will change that.

Personally I’m more concerned about the bots than a small group of niche hobbyists.

That’s where you are wrong. While multiboxing is allowed, using any kind of software to facilitate it is not.

License Limitations. Blizzard may suspend or revoke your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
  1. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;

If you need software to do your multiboxing, you are breaking both of those. It’s those same rules that now prevents input broadcasting. Making up your own rules won’t change that. Whether Blizzard will do something about it is a completely different matter, as we all know by now that they don’t care much about people breaking their rules.

Then Microsoft Windows should be banned as that’s what they are using, and that only.

Nope. https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/243159

That link has nothing to do with multiboxing, these people are not using any broadcast software, they are only using windows. If you knew a bit more about windows then you would know you can have a lot of windows on the screen at once.

It has everything to do with why using Windows is within the rules though. And more to do with your comment than your reply to my post had. Dan claimed input broadcasting is the only form of multiboxing not allowed. That’s false.

Anyway, just because something is part of Windows functionality does not make it allowed to use for playing the game. Remote desktop is also part of windows, but if you use it to play the game you risk getting yourself a ban.

I know that, that’s why I strawamanned you.

Is that why one of the most popular multiboxing tools prior to the policy change now links WoW players to another third party software download? Because they are only using windows?

While I don’t know which actual third party software you are referring too, I will presume it was isboxer? As that seemed to be the go to method for the majority of people? If so… I think that links now to a isboxer “lite” which has all the same functionality without any actual keystroke software. So I stand to be corrected here but I did read that all it basically is now is a window maxi-miser with the same inbuilt ingame macros for assist /follow and such forth? I could be very much mistaken though?

From what I’ve read from GM’s replies on other forums that’s still within the rules (currently) but that’s subject to change at any time, just like the original change in policy. I guess time will tell with how many people are mucking about in shadowlands standstill farming and nodes.

As for Dottie, I think he’s referring to the windows ability to hotkey particular open wow windows to certain keys, and if you have enough screen space you can basically call up say wow1 as F1 then you hit an action key, press F2 for wow2 and the same key etc, so forth and so on. Which means depending on the classes you play it would be possible to have a functioning team for at least world farming. It wouldn’t be anywhere good enough to run dungeons/instances though as you’d end up tap dancing on your keyboards and you wouldn’t have any functional/practical ways to heal.

People using an automated system to alt-tab quickly between windows to cast spells will ALSO get banned. The guy who made isboxer or whatever the name was did such a system thinking he’s smarter, yet that will not end well either.
Nothing AUTOMATED is allowed.
If you alt-tab manually there’s no problem though.

40 pcs and KVM switch for the win…

Most likely contains a microcontroller with code. While banning all hardware with microcontrollers obviously isn’t viable, blizzard could choose to claim that those built into KVM switches are. And that’s only necessary if you completely ignore the cheats part above, which does not require the method in question to be software based.

At the end of the day, people push the limits of the rules at their own risk. I certainly know I won’t be using anything other than alt+tab, and that I will report anyone who looks like they may be using input broadcasting, even if there is a possibility that they use KVM switches.