Pet Delights, positivity thread #2

The songtexts are great too! Not just Jenny of Oldstones but also The Bear and Maiden Fair and of course the Rains of Castamere.

1 Like

Just got the crabshank.

Time to get Cro’s crab out of the box and give it a knife.

Oh, I hate small talk.

Person: ‘‘Nice weather today, right?’’
Me: ‘‘Okay.’’
awkward silence

The crabshank is amusing;

7 Likes

Loved it as well! Especially that they used some more obscure Pokemon. Really showed that the people who made it cared, imo.

3 Likes

I’ll awkwardly drift into a rant of how the habit of talking about the weather is a remnant of our agrarian roots wherein the passing of rainfall meant the world and was thus of outmost relevance to all parties but now it’s just what we interject into the spaces where we’d say more interesting things if we had any to say.

2 Likes

mess with crabbo, you get stabbo

3 Likes

I love you. :smile:

1 Like

I honestly dont get the criticism for the season. Save for some few dumb decisions that made no sense, the overarching plot has been good and I am hyped to know how the serie will finally end…

GoT has been one of the better shows of this decade and will definitely go down in history as one of the best series of all time. Quality HBO stuff like Boardwalk empire & Oz.

The only problem is that I won’t see the last episode until next friday, so I have to be in total radio silence for over 4 days.

4 Likes

This should be in unpopular opinions, but I am always happy when awake from about 6am. Nothing makes me happier than my morning run / walk in the morning sun! So that’s one of my daily delights!

My second is being that my better-half has moved back in after finishing university exams. :slight_smile:

My third is thanks to Alb, or who may know as Narme for being a fabulous hostess last night and being a darling advocate for getting the community together and getting stories told. (With another delight intertwined, being that from my amazing improv actors of the night!)

3 Likes

D&D are good at adapting, not at coming up with original content. Season 8 has mostly been full of moments that make no sense, awkward cut-away scenes, characters not acting like themselves (Varys for instance) and the NK arc coming at an end in such an uneventful way ruined eight years of build-up. Maybe the issue is just that they needed more than 6 episodes because they wanted to move on to Star Wars.

Should maybe post this in Unpopular Opinions, but I think that people who thought that the Night King was the focus of the Game of Thrones missed the point of the show somewhat.

1 Like

The focus IS the Night King, at least in accordance with GRRM’s novels. In his vision it’s called A Song of Ice and Fire after all. The show has omitted a lot of good content like Lady Stoneheart which is a shame, and I don’t even care that the NK isn’t the final antagonist, but the way he went out was just so disappointing and didn’t do justice to the build-up since Season 1.

Taken literally this makes plenty of sense, but I feel a literal interpretation does GRRM little justice.

Stop that! and take that mediocre stuff out of the gilded halls of delight!
that felt pretty gud to say tbf.

I don’t think it’s bad; I’m able to still enjoy it every week. It’s definitely solid TV. But when you compare it to previous seasons, the show has undoubtedly lost some of its nuance. Part of that is because D&D wants to move on to Star Wars and judging from the interviews they seem to be bored of the show, which leads to hasty decisions in the writing department.

But above all else I’m here for the memes. /r/FreeFolk decided to become a LOTR meme sub after the show is over and some of the cross-over memes have been pure :fire:

3 Likes

All of the Zandalari loa poems are such a nice addition. Really gives some flavor to them and an idea what they are about in general. I obviously prefer Rezans poem to everyone elses.

Rezan is de one
With de glory of de sun.
He stands strong, he stands tall,
He’s de greatest of dem all!

He is mighty! He is bold!
As de legends surely told.
Strong of will and true of deed,
Rezan can always have de lead.

Kingly, sharp, and honor bound.
A more noble loa will not be found.
He is de sun, de morning star.
He is de pride of Zandalar

Krag’was is also darn excellent because I taught me a thing I never knew about that particular Loa. Krag’wa values selfleshness and humility. A genuinely interesting thing to know of him besides the obvious “God damn that is a big frog.”

All de creatures great and small,
His protection will encompass all.
If sacrifice be ya whim,
Best look to yaself, not one of dem.

For those dat seek to care for others,
Ya find ya kin, sistas and brothas.
If ya be de one ya love da most,
To him ya surely should not boast.

With each word, he puts much weight,
No wasted thought, no hurried trait.
If ya be selfish, come not here.
De selfless have no need to fear.
Of danger he has seen no end.
Our faith and hope his greatest friend.

Krag’wa
Loa
Guardian strong.

Krag’wa
Father
May ya live forever long

2 Likes

Despite my peeve about ranged weapons, I’ve managed to get both Erybdis and Hibani to the point where I can do BoD LFR on both and then at least get them prepped to storm Nazjatar.

EDIT: Okay, technically, Erybdis is going to storm Nazjatar. Hibani is visiting for a better hermit crab pet that I can give the crab shank to.

Todays delight is quite simply spending the day with my animals. Have a free (mostly) day to pamper my dogs and horses.

Gotta give them all the big loves and tell them they’re all good boys and girls!

2 Likes

So it turns out my most hated story moment of all time, the ICC gunship fight, is no longer canon. Chronicles completely skims over it and seems to indicate both sides worked together start to end.

This is one retcon I agree with. The gunship fight was dumb as hell and I never understood why it happened. The Lich King probably peeked over the edge and watched with a really confused expression.

2 Likes