Pet Delights, positivity thread #2

I’m loving my new Dark Iron outlaw Rogue. Thought up a nice little RP background for her and now I’m carving a bloody path towards the levels that really matter. Leveling is much faster than I remember, too, but that might be because I haven’t really leveled anything besides one hunter since the leveling revamp. Still really enjoying Outlaw Rogue. It feels a bit like a slot machine with Roll the Bones but it’s fun. Can’t wait to unleash her upon the RP scene of AD, but first I need some better looking transmogs.

3 Likes

The fact that Devil May Cry 5 is SO FREAKING CLOSE.

3 Likes

Ya’ll complaining about the Flood in Halo 2 never played 343 Guilty Spark as a kid…

3 Likes

what if I did but I wasn’t scared because I am Halo and I doesn’t afraid of anything?

4 Likes

HiddenXperia, is that you?

2 Likes

1; Halo Reach had the stronger story, Halo 3 had the stronger multiplayer, imo. 4 was meh on both, ODST was okay but I wouldn’t replay it.

2; 6.5 hours til DMC V and I’m gettin’ all in a tizzy. I need something to kill the next 6 hours!

3 Likes

Also on the topic of playing video games with friends, I had the chance to have a Runescape LAN party in the army.

During our one week stuck on base (every week there had to be a skeleton crew of 25 on stand-by if local law enforcement needed help finding lost people in the woods, help with forest fires, et cetera), us unlucky ones brought our laptops and tablets with us from our previous weekend off. This meant we wouldn’t be able to go home the following weekend, giving us a crisp 2 weeks on base. Or, in my case, 3 because we had our bootcamp right after.

During that particular week we didn’t really have anything to do. While we were stuck on base, rest of our company was out training. We had to have our gear ready within one hour’s notice, but beyond that we were free to do anything as long as we didn’t leave.

So we hosted a LAN party in our room because Room J6 (:muscle:) had the biggest table.

All in all army was just real life :poop: posting and LARPing war

5 Likes

I’m not a military person, but I find it warming to hear stories of bonding like that during service. I hope y’all still keep in touch.

1 Like

Mortals = lan runescape
Gods = AdventureQuest World/mechaquest/dragonfable/BattleON fights

1 Like

I got medically discharged to gunshot related hearing injury (it’s getting better and I can hear fine, they just wanted to avoid taking a risk with me and face possible future lawsuits). My bunk buddy hugged me the day I left and said at the risk of sounding dramatic, I’m the kind of guy he wants to know for the rest of his life.

He’s still in service along with rest of my pals, but I hope to meet up with them when time allows it. A guy I knew in highschool who ended up becoming one of my closest friends in the army by chance is going to drive one of those armoured troop transport vehicles that can drive across a water!

I was really happy for him when I heard.

I have ClawSuit '08, don’t even @ me

3 Likes

:triumph: :eggplant: :100: :bomb: :tongue:

it’s not gay in the army

but navy on the other hand . . .

Take good care of your ears and try and mitigate loud noises when possible (I understand the army isn’t exactly the best place for active protection). As someone who has tinnitus and could have mitigated it long ago I wish I could have some semblance of silence, especially at night.

Although I’m glad to hear it’s better now, just make sure that’s your only hearing related injury from here on out.

:rewind: :rewind: :rewind:

1 Like

The Medical Captain who specialized in ear related matters told me that I should consider listening to calming nature sounds if the tinnitus ever gets too bad.

The biggest damage to my hearing was on the lower end of the spectrum where really deep voices were something I struggled with in basic speech. Beyond that, I’m fine. Sometimes I need to ask people to repeat themselves, but most people I don’t have the problem with.

I go through hearing check ups every half a year now that I’m out and in the last check up they said that they’re noticing a turn towards better. :+1:

:point_left: :fist: :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Getting Zandalari trolls :heart: Looking forward to playing my female rogue.

1 Like

I made a new character concept for a KT human and now i’m super excited to bring her to life over the coming weeks/months. It’s reignited my desire for RP, even if WoW itself is still ‘meh’ in my books.

3 Likes

Ow, tinnitus is terrible. Get well soon! I got a very mild version of tinnitus myself (too much loud music and too many metal concerts) so I know how annoying it can be! Try to avoid using “earplug” headphones. Those are dangerous.

2 Likes

The number of people I’ve known that share this is too high. Though I can’t blame them. I listen to my music louder than is necessary, and I’ve probably screwed something up.

3 Likes

Me neither.

I love music, and listening to it on a low volume is like bad RP; not immersive.

4 Likes