Pet Peeve #INFINITY - Thanos gonna cry

Trade skill imbalancing.

Glad to see more high quality items coming out (the fact you have raid/dungeon areas that drop worse gear only on LFR / mythic 2 or less otherwise the gear you get is better or equal aside) good to see the professions having some meaning.

Having several 120s it’s still jarring how difficult professions are to Max outside of AH except leatherworking. Skinning yields mats equal to nodes every available mob slain just about, and recipes require barely more materials. Thus skinner lwer are only really limited by their expulsom/other rare reagent (the fact they craft like ten million items to scrap easily remedies that) whereas other profs have to consciously hoard and hunt nodes to keep their skill up.

Make the reagent costs for other profs slightly lower. It’s a joke that at points in BS you have to use 22 ore per skill up, which is much much harder to hoard than a LWer who uses much more common reagents which are easily gathered unconsciously. That ore make ore easier to farm. An hours worth of farming ore will net about a third of what leather can be gathered in the same time (I’d say that’s a generous estimate, I’ve managed 4-5 stacks of leather an hour plus all the other bits like bones etc being 1-3 stacks)

I mean, the AH hack doesn’t even help here as leather is so common it’s easy to buy it cheap. Ores are rarer youre generally paying ten times the price per unit.

1 Like

So, been chasing the matching gloves for my rogue’s set for ages now.

Finally get told i can get a matching pair from a quest (according to mogit), I assume its one of the wanted quests on kul tiras, of course don’t know which one and I don’t even know where all the wanted quests are.

The lack of cosmetic vendors. And stuff being hard-timegated and then ALSO RNG gated. Get alts or go home, directly following an expansion that penalised playing alts.

-Rocks back and forth, muttering “Elite Arathi Warfront Plate Gauntlets…” over and over and over again-

2 Likes

zandatrolls and shrek tirans coming patch 15.9.5 along with worgen and goblin model updates.

The new allied races aren’t even done yet.

The amount of delays with the allied races makes me feel even more convinced that the only time they will finally be released, is when WoW will be one week away from being shut down.

“The long-awaited Allied Races of Zandalari Trolls and Kul Tirans are finally here! Play them for a week before the shutdown of the WoW servers”.

1 Like

Peeve (because I’ve just read through another Vindicaar discussion): The fact that the space-theme in Legion was never explored to its full potential, and the fact that I cannot explain how and why my characters would travel through the Great Dark Beyond right now.

Honestly, I really love the fact that Warcraft is more than just a single fantasy world. It’s an entire universe and cosmos. This is what makes it so unique at least for me. And yet you can never really use it during roleplay, and I feel like it wasn’t or is not used to its full potential.

(Also because the BfA storyline is so terrible, that I’d rather send my characters into space than letting them stay on Azeroth. Maybe find a nice jungle world with sunny beaches and probably alien-murlocs.)

4 Likes

WoW eating my GPU capacity like a ravenous piranha, despite every conceivable fix. I guess at some point, you can’t evade the fact that your pc is getting old.

Blizzard said they would be available following the Zandalar raid - which fully opens according to the schedule in early March - on LFR at least.

Which is likely the date we’ll have

Really great how they advertised six allied races at the ‘launch of BFA’ when what they really meant was ‘four and two more seven months into the expansion’…

Went out to observe the Super Blood Wolf Moon and got some lovely pictures and footage.

Looking through the footage and I seemed to have snapped the picture of a -figure- of sorts. I’ve long suspected this house/area to be haunted but seems the time im -not- looking for it or expecting it, it shows itself.

Freaky, shall have the lamp on tonight I think.

Narrator: He was never seen again.

My first impression was THERES SOMEONE IN THE GARDEN?

So i went upstairs to check from my bedroom window -nothing-.

At least its not slenderman.

You wake up next morning.
Pine trees surround your field of view.
“Hey, you’re finally awake. You were trying to cross the border, right? Caught right into that imperial ambush, same as us, and that thief over there.”
As you shift in the cart and look for answers, a title appears before you in the skies:
Elder scrolls V: Skyrim

TODD HOWARD, you have done it again!!!

9 Likes

Yeah, honestly, moderators are cracking down lately on the mildest of cases. A bit of gritty humour isn’t allowed anymore :zipper_mouth_face:

What do you expect from the people who banned pepe emotes on twitch.

2 Likes

This is like, actually unreal. Holy poop.
This is a new low for Blizzard in my eyes, BfA’s main selling point was allied races, and they can’t even put out the main two after 6 months.

I want Argus back in my sky box, or an update to the moons.

2 Likes

BfA is in many ways similar to WoD. Promises great things but proves to be a let down. The only difference being that they’re copy pasting MoP’s story.

I am 200% positive they’ll conveniently release Classic during the content drought at the end of BfA. Retaining tons of subs they’d otherwise lose, even if only for a few months. It’s no coincidence that classic needs a normal WoW sub. At first it looks like a neat ‘2 in 1’ deal but in reality it’s to keep numbers floating and to entice you to play modern WoW when new content for that comes out.

And yes, 120 levels is too much. It’s the sort of thing you’d only see in Koraen MMOs back in the day.

Also peeve: That SWTOR’s Sniper class takes a massive :poop: on WoW’s marksman ‘sniper’ class.

SWTOR Sniper: A reasonably in-depth rotation about using abilities in cover, managing debuffs, buffs and ability timings to score fat damage on your Snipe and Ambush abilities. Have to root yourself to do max damage, rewarding you for learning encounters to minimise the amount of movement you need to do (XIV Black Mage vibes here).

WoW Marksman: Aimed shot spam. Out of focus? Press Arcane shot a few times. Press that marked shot when it procs. Re-apply raven DoT when it’s about to expire. No need to memorise boss patterns as you can move freely with no set up outside the very short or even instant aimed shot casts.

This remains the case for most of SWTOR’s classes, months later of playing it and I still fully believe the classes are more enjoyable than WoW’s are (Largely because it was ripping off WoW in Cata/MoP and hasn’t changed the classes much since).

Also helps the stories are (Mostly) good, especially the expansion stuff. I’d go so far as to argue the Knights expansions are solid RPGs in their own right.

That said the expansion stories feel VERY heavily leaning on you playing a force user class, I seriously wonder how much actually changes if you’re a Smuggler or something.

1 Like