Pet Peeve #INFINITY - Thanos gonna cry

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/284360431684812801/537391698825838615/jaina_murder_5.PNG

That’s an awfully orange frostbolt she’s got there…

2 Likes

She rolled mage all the way back in vanilla.

You know, back when mages actually had abilities from the other specs. RIP frostfire bolt.

I honestly don’t mind Talanji at all as a character. I liked doing quests with her in Nazmir, and I think she fits the story really well.

What I don’t like is that they kill off a character that’s been more or less been a known big guy from Vanilla (with proper hype happening around MoP forwards), simply because they want to make another female leader, while also making him a really incompetent leader, while all his backstory and reputation paint his as something completely different.

What I also don’t like, is that Jaina’s power inflation has jumped to the levels it has, while her own story makes no sense, making her an incredibly mary-sue character in the Modern day WoW, probably even moreso than Anduin.

Add to that the fact that she literally does a “ENOUGH!” end at her encounter and teleports away, and you got a recipe for a disaster. You know what’d been far more impactful and narratively interesting story turning point?

Her actually dying, in her overconfidence (after having just killed the king of the Zandalari & putting the Horde weeks away from losing, and being rly confident in her cosmic superpowers), which’d turned the only just recovered Proudmoore family into nerve wrecks, which’d only further been exploited by Sylvanas’s plan with Derek.

Horde gets to immerse themselves in the “Defeat only a few weeks away” while the Alliance gets to experience the cost of victory.

It also makes sense for Jaina as a character, because she’s gone the full arc of her story, ranging from learning from her naivete, going to the brink of madness with grief/anger, and then returning from it. Now would have been a perfect opportunity to write her off, and to top it off you could have even made a cool ending cinematic for her death, since the story of WoW progresses not with nameless numbers & people we never see, but rather with the death and results of major lore characters.

Not because it’s fair, but because it wouldn’t have been nearly as anti-climatic as this outcome is.

5 Likes

‘Why couldn’t it just have been Aquaman’

• Cheaoka
4 Likes

Smiles in Gnome.

3 Likes

downvoted.

3 Likes

I must admit I too am not a fan of the old ‘Enough teleports away in rp’ style of escape but we must remember that Jaina is an extraordinarily powerful character. Trained from a young age by the leading mage of Dalaran, having had access to Dalaran’s vast libraries, a quick study and agile mind as well as having charged her staff, the staff of Antonidus (spell?) with the power of the Thunder King which was extracted from a Titan Keeper. We must also assume that as a mage she has quite possibly prepared safe guarding wards and spells that allow her to withdraw in the event of such a situation.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it is good writing for a character to suddenly be able to cast a raid wide stun and run off, I actually find it to be incredibly tiring. It might have made more sense for her to find some other means of escape, such as a Kul’tiran vessel slamming into the battleground and giving her a chance to flee or suddenly shattering the ice the battle is fought on.

We must remember that Jaina is not the only one to use this tactic. Sylvanas in the Undercity scenario decides to just fly off after giving her speech, despite the presence of a group of powerful Alliance champions. Nathanos does the same on Darkshore during his fight with Tyrande. Countless quest NPCs do this, particularly that one blood troll witch in the Nazmir quest who you have to fight about four times.

I’d say her escape has less to do with her being OP and more to do with lazy writing.

7 Likes

If only there was this huge flying kul tiran flagship that could have conveniently crashed down as a means for the distraction she needed to escape.

Really, blizz is just lazy, which is most unfortunate. I had hoped that with the Gallywix and Mekkatorque interaction about ENOUGHing that they had learned to get more self-aware about it, but it seems not.

1 Like

a pity rp’ers copy this behaviour.

“not today bucko teleprots behind u

1 Like
  • stuns u with blood magic *
    hehe not today scoundrels
  • vanishes in a puff of drust magik*
2 Likes

I recently leveled a character to 120 from 60 and I couldn’t help but to notice the sheer amount of ENOUGH-moments in the stories across different expansions. It’s actually ridiculous how many of them there are.

New peeve: alchemy wont let me transmute cloth into herbs.

3 Likes

peeve; people doing this “enough teleports” stuff to end events. I get it, people are tired or had enough, whatever. But please tell me how every single Mage RP’er can just casually make a portal after long fights and say “Off home we go, lads”. Even a facking hearthstone would make better sense than portals at the end of every damn event.

That is damn near the most horrific thing I’ve ever seen.

Smiling should be illegal.
Can we make it illegal?
Please?

Make it Illegal and I’ll force you to take a Shoe on a dinner date.

What type of shoe?

Sandal, With the sock.

1 Like

Hmm evil… but if it stops Gnome smiling it’s worth the price.

The merchant in Resident Evil 4 being a stingy git. I AM TRYING TO SAVE THE PRESIDENT’S DAUGHTER. GIVE ME A DISCOUNT.

Also selling the pistol which turns out could penetrate shields. Ffffffffu-

Heh heh heh…Thank you.

2 Likes

The absolute abortion of a game mode that is Breach in For Honor. Jesus christ that mode is utter and complete trash.

If you get stuck with a crap team you can literally do nothing for THIRTY MINUTES. It’s like playing a damn moba for christs sake. Literally the least enjoyable mode I have ever played.