Pet Peeve #INFINITY - Thanos gonna cry

I have a relative who just buys slim men’s jeans because she’s so sick of fake pockets.

I only ever play 1v1. 4v4 is too much of a clusterfudge for my taste (I’m the kind of guy who hates 1v1v1v1 Smash bros with items on a stage with hazards, sue me) and pubbies were bad enough on the conquest maps with the points…

1 Like

To sell handbags.

5 Likes

Less a peeve more a potential future irritation for Horde players. When the Zandalari join the Horde formally, will all the assorted troll tribes in Zulzadar join up too? Orgrimmar might see a sudden influx of sand trolls.

We will take care of the Amani Problem. In a simple way. If there are No Amani, there is No Problem…

2 Likes

~technically~ the other troll tribes aren’t part of the Zandalari Empire. They’re guests in Dazar’alor, as the Horde are/were. That’s why you get sent to butcher a bunch of them when they act up down on the docks.

Not that that’ll stop RPers of course…

I really, really need to get the Horde questing done. I’ve done the initial stuff but I kinda wish I started in Nazmir. I do -not- like how Zulzadar is laid out, feels so disconnected.

Well, go back and start the nazmir questline then. nothing’s stopping you cutting and running.

1 Like

Horde questing is weird since the overarching story encourages doing bits of zuldazar then nazmir then bits of zuldazar then vol’dun and then finishing zuldazar (and even then it’s not perfect).

It suffers hugely from the zone scaling tech wrecking the continent-spanning narrative.

1 Like

Nazmir is the horde’s drustvar. Best of their zones, with a story you actually want to see through with a somewhat satisfying conclusion.

Horde storytelling (drustvar aside) is generally better than alliance in terms of the zones this expo on their own terms (as an overarching plot it is a bit bumpy). Stormsong WTFvalley really bums me out. Avoid at all costs. Questing feels more chorish when the zone narrative is that bad.

4 Likes

Big agree. The main story of stormsong is like 25% and then uninteresting sidequests are the remaining 75% of it.

Its funny, I feel that way about Vol’dun.

Okay, what i was actually mildly peeved about. Bought the cat grass for him to munch on a few weeks ago, he’s finally decided to try a bit of it, but everytime i go into the kitchen he stops and acts like he wasn’t touching it.

Timewalking has thrown a spanner in the works for my levelling plans. Was trying to level my shaman and my mage but think i’m going to need to use the time to gear up my already 120s.

On the other hand, the few bits I have gotten on my human has boosted her ilevel a great load and I got a 325 ranged weapon from one of the world quests, so got that going for me.

That’s because they never intended for you to survive with friends and only put it in later.

No, it won’t stop the Farraki/Drakari roleplayers.

But the Hand of Conquest will.

8 Likes

As a player character you can also waltz around and murder every speaker there apart from Revantusk or Shatterspear ones.

Excellent show of diplomatic immunity, you can make your case for your tribe in deathmatches. The surviving Speaker wins the attention of the Zandalari.

1 Like

Peeve: The fact that Blizzard (but especially and foremost Christie Golden) has absolutely no sense of scaling. From demolishers destroying Teldrassil, to Varian Wrynn running through the Deeprun Tram, tauren sprinting from Thunderbluff to Orgrimmar in less than a day, all the way to Garrosh blockading all of Kalimdor. It’s kinda okay ingame (Kul Tiras is actually pretty well scaled considering that it’s roughly the same size as Gilneas), but there’s no excuse for it in the novels.

Same problem with population numbers. But, the entire game wouldn’t make much sense if Blizzard would give a damn about them.

9 Likes

I personally dislike how they downscale the world even in story. World should be and feel big, it adds to its immersion. Having people travel from TB to Orgrimmar in a day is a bit…lame.

6 Likes

All it takes is them to simply ignore you, and the Hand of Conquest can’t do anything.
Isn’t that exactly why the problem exists? They don’t care about who tries to stop them.

1 Like

Yep, but the more they openly just ignore people who try to do logical RP with them, the more they set themselves up as To Be Avoided.

Pretty much the same outcome, in the long run.

Yeah, Krim’rosh recently traveled from org to Tanaris, taking a day for each of the following places: Org->Crossroads->Sun Rock Retreat->Ghost Walker Post->Shadowprey Village->Stonemaul Hold->Camp Mojache->(3 Days on the thousand needles, with a rowboat)->Gadgetzan->Today

And even that feels rushed, but there’s only so many towns.

1 Like