Pet Peeve: The Undying

Heh, quite the rant there. I heard about it from a friend, some guy punched this Mister Blobby and was cheered on by the whole country, or something.

1 Like

The Paragon doesn’t always bug out, and if you’re a druid, you can actually cause its reset.

Zoom out and look up so you see the Klaxxi guys, click the amber and then run FAST to the stairs (not up, stay a bit from it), and wait for a sec, and if you see only 2 fly down, run up the stairs, and it’ll reset.

Yes, everyone hated it apart from its demented creator, very -very- young children and the hard of thinking. I mean seriously look it up on google, if you had to design a character you would not leave unsupervised in a room with children, then Mr Blobby would be it. Worst thing is, this was on a supposed show for grownups on a Saturday evening…Know what the Kids were watching on Saturday early afternoon/evenings at the time? Airwolf, Knight Rider, the A-Team, the original Battlestar Galactica, so basically stuff a lot more grown up ( and quite dark at times) than some buffoon in a padded costume with an electrically modified voice bouncing around being a halfwit and acting like the sort of person who would have their own special exercise hours if in prison.

Ahem. Sorry. I get angry when our Media present things that are ridiculously simple to us… I’ve never quite gotten over the spectacle when he first aired, my parents just looked at each other in disbelief, I looked at my little brother, and we were all like…“Well this is rubbish, lets see what we have on Video to watch”

It was utterly dire…Biggest example of a Swing and a Miss ever in terms of TV, apart from that pilot episode of a ‘Sitcom’ where Adolf and Eva Braun move in next door to a Jewish couple…And yeah, that was exactly as unfunny as it sounds…

Actually, I heard that Mr Blobby was designed as a satire at first and not intended to be serious.
They’d invite celebrities to that show, where this Mr Blobby would act up and test their patience.
They intentionally made him awful and annoying, but apparently kids found him amusing because of it.
So he became popular “unironically” , until on some birthday party a parent punched him in the face after Mr Blobby threw the birthday cake on the ground.

Peeve:

People who use stone as a measurement in their TRP. What manner of cavemen are these savages?

4 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s what it was all about, but even as a teen you were watching it going "There’s a grown person in that suit, and they’re getting paid to behave like this, and the worst thing is, by watching it, I’m supporting it…

Either it’s Americans trying to be special, or English people trying to be equally special.

Just use Centimeters, or Meters. Much simpler for us simple Europeans. Oh, and while we’re at it, let us measure weight in kilograms, and temperature with Celzius instead of Fahrenheit.

3 Likes

I outright refuse to use the imperial system. Fahrenheit mean nothing to me and I certainly will never use anything else but kilograms.

4 Likes

Brb putting my weight in stone just to spite you.

Then I guess nobody will mind if they measure stones incorrectly.

“Ten stones you say? Well that means you can be either malnourished, or about as overweight as three elephants!”

So the new TRP feature, relationship tag. Too bad there is no “find out IC” option.

2 Likes

I would use stone in trp but… I don’t put weight :L I’d probably use lb though?

Annoying there’s no custom option to put, “I’m not looking for a romantic relationship”

2 Likes

Why is setting ‘Accept character romance’ to ‘no’ not good enough?

1 Like

You british savages need to learn to use kilograms too.

What’s this, the stone age?

2 Likes

Because that requires having TRP.

MRP however does not have this tick box, but it now does have a relationship status box. Which I’d like to be able to customise.

1 Like

I’ve watched so many MMA fights that I tend to use lbs

Vilesun who you responded to spoke of TRP though. No one mentioned MRP.

1 Like

Then i apologise.

However, both have the box.

I can’t find one in TRP, only the option of accepting/not accepting etc.