Pet Peeve: The Undying

This is less of a peeve and more of a question. How do people feel when someone kills off their character only to bring in a new character using the same character OOC. And just writing a new trp for the new character.
Do you feel that it’s less impactful because the player has but less effort towards the new character OOC, or is it completely fine in your eyes?

1 Like

You are a legend

Anyone wanna have VR ERP?

I wouldn’t judge to be honest. You can use the barber shop to REALLY change the way how your character looks like- Without having to level up a completely new character, or buy a boost, and then spend time on it.

Those people might not have the money, the time, or the will to go through such a tedious process. Why should I be judging them for that?

I THINK Matowa did this with her characters specifically, both the priest and the paladin, swapping the characters names with TRP and used the barber shop to change their looks.

8 Likes

I struggle to see why would it be an issue. The purpose of killing off a character is pushing the narrative forwards in a meaningful way rather than punishing the player for leading their character onto something dangerous, right? Can’t see what is wrong in reusing the high level human/elf/draenei/whatever other race and creating a new, distinct roleplaying character rather than leveling from the start and deleting your current one.

3 Likes

According to those Legacy server dunces, you apparently don’t have to.

(can’t wait to see the Legacy servers fail miserably, though).

Get a nice collection of games, I personally have hundreds of games, spread out over various platforms, both harddisk and virtual bought.

Sure, it’ll be weird to replace wow with them, but atleast it might fill the void in my life once wow rips my heart and soul out… atleast partially.

Here’s a peeve, titles. I get it, your character is cool. He’s mister kickass himself, in the flesh. In fact, he has kicked such a massive amount of :a:ss that he has gained a title. Well, what is mister Kickass Beatemup’s title?

The Asskicker.

In other words, you nerds aren’t creative enough with your titles and I don’t wanna see anymore 'undying’s, 'orcslayer’s, and so on. Or I will call your mothers and tell them you skipped school that one time.

(another peeve: I can say kickass all I want, but :a:ss is bad juju)

4 Likes

I’m peeved that there’s no class that could use ranged weapons and shields. It doesn’t have to be viable. Just available for RP. Removing shoot from rogues and warriors was a mistake.

3 Likes

Peeve is when a shirt fits PERFECT… until yo belly. GO AWAY, FAT.

Killing off a character in a dramatic lead up to BfA, only for all plans you had to poof when your guild(s) go inactive, the story is complete :poop: and it dawns on you that you just killed off one of your characters for basically nothing.

But I don’t want to retcon their death because then I’d be THAT guy.

4 Likes

You cant prepare for awful writing. Dont feel bad for stuff that is someone elses fault.

Yeah but that character’s dead and now I really miss playing them, and with BfA shooting most of my friends subs in the back of the head the plans I had revolving their death went up in smoke.

Don’t retcon the events leading to the death, but retcon the death itself. “Oh they seemed very close to death but actually Someone* saved them at the last minute.” or something like that. Can come with its own consequences and stuff to play around.

• A paladin, an hermit priest, a spirit, some kind of necromancer, etc.
3 Likes

At those moments, I wish people would be more inclined to tell those goons “You know what? bleep you, I’m just gonna go unrestrained now”, and proceed to do what they wanted to do, make it a 100% success, and if the GM/DM tries to say “No it didn’t”, they just start repeating the outcome.

Probably gonna end with a boot from the guild, but pretty sure that’d be a blessing in disguise. At the very least, you’d be taken out of the guild while spoiling someone’s big (un)epic moment.

Similar feelings here. I played around with the game, but there were things I was not too impressed by, such as the gunplay (Kinda mediocre, must’ve been the sounds of the guns because The Division felt more enjoyable with the shooting), the flight (Felt kinda unsatisfying), how I seemed to get matched with other players regardless of my settings (I tried to make my group a private one, and still got other players in my party when doing missions), and just a general feeling of… Soft farting sound.

Instead of Anthem, I’ll be playing Yakuza Kiwami which is coming to PC on the 19th. At least that game I know I will enjoy, seeing as I clocked a fair amount of hours in to Yakuza 0. Hoping for more Yakuza Kiwami games to be ported to PC.

Also, seeing as me and MY GIRLFRIEND are looking for a game to play while waiting for The Division 2, I’ll see if Skyrim Together will come to Open Beta in the not too distant future. That too may prove to be more enjoyable than Anthem.

Here’s a peeve: World of Warcraft is my peeve. There is currently nothing drawing me to the game, and I decided to unsubscribe and see what the future will hold. Until then, it’s ESO for me.
Swift edit: At least now I am depriving ActiZzard of any subscription money.

Anthem might be interesting but it’ll live and die based on the endgame content and gunplay.

The gunplay is eh (Abilities are fun tho) and too many enemies are bullet sponges (Empty sniper rifle into a goon, removing shields but no HP, reload, his shield has come back to full before I finish reloading. Wat), and I worry that the higher difficulties will just be Diablo’s “The game doesn’t get harder, numbers just get bigger” approach. I’ll check in on it in a few months.

1 Like

Oh yeah forreal, this. This was a very prevalent issue that’d appear all the time for me, even with weapons that reload nearly instantly. A moment spend not shooting the enemy is a moment getting dunked on because his shield will be back in full.

What seemed to be the case that weapons were basically there as filler between the abilities that did the actual damage.

Which seems weird for a shooter.

1 Like

It’s an inverse of Destiny.

Destiny has you supplementing your shooting with abilities.

Anthem has you supplementing your abilities with shooting.

Which… isn’t a bad idea, but it’s so weird and will take some time to get used to. CDs in Destiny are looooong. In Anthem they’re a few seconds, tops. And do significant amounts of damage.

I guess the guns are the equivalent of an autoattack?

I saw it phrased similarly elsewhere.

Although I will say that when I was running around dealing with standard mooks on the story missions, my shotgun was oneshotting enemies. So shotguns might be overtuned for damage.

The automatic weapons not so much.

tbf with a shotgun you put yourself at a lot of risk, it’s the usual game trope where apparently after two feet you’re just shooting rice krispies rather than pellets. And even as a tanker javelin putting yourself in the middle of the fray isn’t always the best idea.

I kinda wish they’d take a leaf from Destiny 2’s book after the TTK update, make normal enemies fodder to fuel the power fantasy, elites can die quick with headshots, keep the bullet sponges for bosses with actual tactics. In Anthem everything felt like it took too long to die even on Normal.